+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thinking of declining, very stressed..I have a few questions

leilap

Apr 4, 2018
Hello,

I've been working in Canada for over one year under what I think is NOC code 0125 other business services managers. I'm confused on how to answer these questions:

Does X have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required) Yes I have an open work permit that is NOT employer specific. So is it for my current job? yes or no?

Four digit NOC code of current work permit (required) My work permit does not have one specified. I have to answer from the drop down menu.

I was invited to apply under CEC but, now its saying I don't qualify..does your employer have to be on your work permit to qualify?

Additionally, I think my job more closely aligns with 0124 instead of 0125. There are elements of each in my unique position. Should I decline and resubmit an EE profile? My points are 479. Will I get invited in the next draw at the end of this month? I'm really stressed and unsure of what to do. I've talked to lawyers and consultants and they don't know why its now saying I don't meet the CEC reqs. I still qualify for FSW (but should I still apply without the ITA for FSW?) but I'd prefer to submit an APP for CEC because it will be challenging to get the lump sum (19,000) for POF together (because I've been working here full time, paying bills and living here and believed I didn't need to have POF because I should qualify (and was invited) for CEC).

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Hello,

I've been working in Canada for over one year under what I think is NOC code 0125 other business services managers. I'm confused on how to answer these questions:

Does X have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required) Yes I have an open work permit that is NOT employer specific. So is it for my current job? yes or no?

Four digit NOC code of current work permit (required) My work permit does not have one specified. I have to answer from the drop down menu.

I was invited to apply under CEC but, now its saying I don't qualify..does your employer have to be on your work permit to qualify?

Additionally, I think my job more closely aligns with 0124 instead of 0125. There are elements of each in my unique position. Should I decline and resubmit an EE profile? My points are 479. Will I get invited in the next draw at the end of this month? I'm really stressed and unsure of what to do. I've talked to lawyers and consultants and they don't know why its now saying I don't meet the CEC reqs. I still qualify for FSW (but should I still apply without the ITA for FSW?) but I'd prefer to submit an APP for CEC because it will be challenging to get the lump sum (19,000) for POF together (because I've been working here full time, paying bills and living here and believed I didn't need to have POF because I should qualify (and was invited) for CEC).
Your answer to your work permit question should be YES
You should select NOC that matches your job duties best. Your work permit doesn't need to specify one since its an open work permit. If your job aligns more with 0124, then go for it but make sure that whatever you do matches the LEAD STATEMENT and some of the duties listed under the NOC.

You should qualify for CEC if you have completed 1 year full time of work. I guess you are missing something when filling your profile.

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
Hello,

Additionally, I think my job more closely aligns with 0124 instead of 0125. There are elements of each in my unique position. Should I decline and resubmit an EE profile? My points are 479. Will I get invited in the next draw at the end of this month? I'm really stressed and unsure of what to do. I've talked to lawyers and consultants and they don't know why its now saying I don't meet the CEC reqs. I still qualify for FSW (but should I still apply without the ITA for FSW?) but I'd prefer to submit an APP for CEC because it will be challenging to get the lump sum (19,000) for POF together (because I've been working here full time, paying bills and living here and believed I didn't need to have POF because I should qualify (and was invited) for CEC).[/QUO

Your employer doesn't need to be on your WP to qualify.
Withdraw your profile and start again. You have a good score so you shouldn't be scared.

limin_w

Jul 17, 2017
Hello,

Did you answer yes to do you have a valid job offer??? I think they only ask "NOC on work permit" if you answer yes to the job offer question... Also, don't decline ITA yet... try figuring out why this happened and fixing it.

Re NOC code 0124/0125, @Mesh2003 is correct: your job description/duty needs to match the lead statement. The lead statement is very important.

leilap

Apr 4, 2018
Did you answer yes to do you have a valid job offer??? I think they only ask "NOC on work permit" if you answer yes to the job offer question... Also, don't decline ITA yet... try figuring out why this happened and fixing it.

Re NOC code 0124/0125, @Mesh2003 is correct: your job description/duty needs to match the lead statement. The lead statement is very important.
Thank you and Mesh for responding. It did not get resolved. I know I qualify which is why I was given the ITA.I'm thinking of applying and submitting a letter of explanation stating that I do not require proof of funds. I hope if they question it they will just ask to show proof of funds and not reject me. If I don't have an LMIA, I don't have a valid job offer right? But that does not mean I don't qualify for CEC.

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
I also want to understand your situation as Im taking the same path as you so i have some answers and questions.

For the question:
Does X have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? (required) Yes I have an open work permit that is NOT employer specific. So is it for my current job? Yes - if you have LMIA, NO - no LMIA

If I don't have an LMIA, I don't have a valid job offer right?
Yes, a valid Job Offer is one that comes with LMIA.

But that does not mean I don't qualify for CEC.
Correct. For CEC, requirement is you need 1 whole year (full time) Canadian work Experience regardless if you got it via an Open Work Permit, PGWP or Job offer that comes with LMIA(WP - employer Specific).
Another requirement is it should be a Job Under NOC class 0,A,B, in which 0124 or 0125 belongs to. So you are qualified to CEC.

Bottom line your declare NOC should match the Lead Statement Description, Task and responsibilities from CIC site.

You said you qualified and and received ITA, and then now suddenly you said you are not qualified. There might be something that changed in your profile after ITA stage coz i doubt CIC will just suddenly declare you not qualified. Did you change something?