+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

they sent back my application and i think it was lost on its way

spiro

Jul 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello:

They sent back my application (spousal sponsorship) last month for minor problems and until now I haven't received it yet. I called Immigration and told me that I am supposed to receive it within 7-10 days but its already 24 days since they sent it back to me. I called canada post (call center) and told me that they can't help me trace the package because it doesn't have a tracking number. The CIC call center agent also adviced me to just make a new application since they sent the whole package back to me and they doesn't have any records on my application. Reasoning also in my next application that the canada post lost the package that contains the original documents and proofs is not a good option too because it won't help us though. I don't know what to do now. Do we still have to re-do again the medicals? Pay fees? Request for clearances? How about the original letters that would prove our relationship is genuine that got lost? I can't believe this happened to us. I think I wanna kill 'em all! :mad: :mad: :mad:

GTWifey

Star Member
May 24, 2010
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
(Re-Do) July 2011
Interview........
May 2011
Passport Req..
July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!
LANDED..........
September 2nd, 2011
SO SORRY to hear that! I would be furious too!!! I'm hoping it miraculosly shows up soon. Yes, you would have to re-submit all of those original documents. :-[

This is so unfortunate. I hope they can track it for you. . . :mad:

Good LUCK!

minna

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/07/2010
AOR Received.
08/09/2010
File Transfer...
19/08/2010
Med's Done....
13/07/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
30/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/12/2010
LANDED..........
18/12/2010
well, you shouldn't actually need to have a new medical exam done, because the results are still sitting in whatever office you had them sent to - but you do need another form from the DMP stating that you had a medical exam and pictures etc - maybe the DMP would be willing to re-do that form, without re-doing the whole exam? Probably depends on the particular dr.

And you should be able to just print out another copy of the receipt of your payment of fees.

The rest...I don't know what to tell you. We photocopied all of our application before sending it off just incase of such an occurrence, so we would know exactly what we needed to replace/refind/re-print.

Good luck to you. Sounds awful!!

EaSt CoAsT GiRl

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2010
AOR Received.
30-07-2010
File Transfer...
01-06-2010
Wow, this is a very unfortunate situation. Why Immigration thinks it's "ok" to send back such an important package without a tracking number is beyond me!

I'm not sure you would have to re-do the medicals, that is a question you might want to ask CIC directly. Since you don't have the paper the DMP gives you, maybe there is something else that can be done instead of having it redone. As far as the letters from family and friends, if you didn't make copies, they would unfortunately have to write new ones :( Police checks, yep you would have to redo those if you don't have copies. IF you did happen to copy everything, personally I would send the copies along with a note to CIC stating you had already sent off the originals that were subsequently lost in the mail when they sent it all back to you, therefore you only have copies to send the second time.

I hope by some small miracle your original package makes its way to you soon. :)

mrsprogram

Star Member
Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2010
AOR Received.
02-06-2010
Passport Req..
15-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2010
LANDED..........
07-08-2010
My application was sent back to me for a missing signature and it took 4 weeks to get back to me. They sent it by regular mail and I'm near Calgary so maybe that's why it took so long.

spiro

Jul 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello all: (mrs program, eats coast girl, minna, GTwifey)

Yeah. Very unfortunate but I am hoping for a good reason why such thing happened to us.

I photocopied all of our application except for the letters from friends and our letters to each other when we were not yet married so I don't really know what to do with that. For some reason I didn't have a photocopy of the receipt but I have the Copy1 of it because I made the payment in a bank. So yeah, I think I would still send all of the photocopies to them so they know it got lost. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I really need a miracle. I hope the app will show up soon because it takes time to re-do all the documents needed like medicals, Police certificates/clearances, Cert of Birth, Baptismal Cert etc and my husband is working Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm :(

Please do keep on advising me here so I know what to do with the requirements like how will I prove now that our relp is genuine when all of the original letters got lost :(