+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

They did not start processing the file yet!!! :( Finaly they did!! :)

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal
Hello,

I am getting so upset. I am sponsering my husband from Egypt and his file has been sent since July 2 and he had not even receive his AOR yet. I don't know what to think anymore. If I call them, they will send me directly to automatic answering machine and I can't talk to anyone there. If I send them email, they always reply the same thing saying they did not receive the application, this email also seems to be an automatic reply. They are always using the same exact words in this email. Did someone ever wait longer then 3 months to get AOR? There is also no change in ecas.

Thanks

Here is the process of our file.

May 3 2009: Application sent to missaussaga
July 2 2009: Been approved to sponsor and file sent to Cairo Egypt.
August 26: Application for CSQ sent
Sept 2: CSQ received and sent to Cairo Egypt.

Al.Abed

Star Member
Aug 27, 2009
Re: They did not start processing the file yet!!! :(

its been close to 3 months for me and my wife never got an AOR via Damascus
butttt i emailed asking about status and they replied with a passport request letter, so maybe sometimes they dont do AORs?

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008

AOR is not always sent. In ourt case got response via email - never an actual snail mail letter. You need to send a case-specifix inquiry to see what is the status of your file. Something else to remember.... These files are being sent via diplomatic couriers (people) and don't mecessarily go to the various countries immediately. Until you see something on e-cas you have no idea of when they actually start processing ur file.

Hang in there, send the inquiry and try to relax.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008

Smthg else to add, given ur time line they will probably start file within a few weeks.you should expect to hear from them...-f you read the egupt thread you will see we all passed thru this, plus with Ramadan and Eid and Thanksgiving, things will be slower some.

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal

Hi Rasha,

Hope you are doing fine back home with your husband. How does he find it here in Canada?

Thank you very much for your reply. I did send a specific inquiry since a week ago and got no news from them. You are right though concerning Ramadan, it might be slower but I thought it were only canadians working on the files so I did not think that Ramadan would slow down the process. Also, the immigration center in Missaussaga told me to call them back if we hear nothing after 3 months so that is what I am doing this morning. I just wish he would be here before the end of December isa. All we are asking is for a little news. Just a few words to let us know that everything is ok . Hold on, they are answering me in Missaussaga as I am writing. I will let you know what they will tell me ................

on hold, on hold, on hold...... hehe!

Darn! They said it was normal not to have any news, that they also can't have access to any informations. He said it can also take up to 6 months before having any news from Cairo. Gee!!!

SadGirl:(

Jul 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Im my case, I got a letter in my mail on December 8 saying that I was approved as a sponsor and that the application has been sent to London. When my application was sent to London neither my husband or I received a letter telling us that our application has began processing in London. A month later on January 8 it was updated on ecas that our application has began processing in London. Don't worry, not everyone receives these letters of confirmation. In my case, my husband's interview was scheduled on March 26, 2009 and he never even received a letter telling him that he had an interview. We learned it by checking out ecas. However, ecas does not always give you updates. Ever since my husband's interview there has been no updates for us on ecas. So I always call up the guy that conducted my husband's interview to get updates from him.

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal

Ok Al. Abed. Good luck for your wife's file. Hope everything will be fast for you isa.

Thanks Sadgirl for your reply. I guess there is not much we can do but wait. I am just getting out of patient. I know I can't go to Egypt until he gets here so I kinda not am being patient. I wished that I would at least see a change in e-cas but that is not my case.

Thanks everyone for the reply.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008

I think maybe because of the CSQ you have a bit a delay which is normal. Once they do send the AOR if everything is in order it doesnt take that much longer. I would send a case specific email again if you didnt hear anything after 10 days. Best of luck to you.

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal

Thanks Bonuck. I did send the specific case inquiry. I am waiting. I think I will get some news this week isa because a friend of mine did and she sent her file just maybe one week after mine.
Thank you everyone

Misria

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
canda montreal

Woooohoooo!! Finaly after 3 months and 6 days, my husband got his AOR from the canadian embassy in Egypt. I am so happy! I wonder how long it will take to get his visa now. I am so excited, I had to share that with everyone.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Congrats on getting to the next step! Good luck and I hope for speedy processing for you.