+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The two week processing for working permit (postdoc)

Mm1362

Jul 7, 2018
Marta: Thank you so much for very clear response. All in all, it seems I can not do anything but wait! I read all posts regarding this matter and it seems most postdocs got their visa in 2 weeks or even less. You know how stressful it is. My other issue is that I already resigned my current job and have to leave Europe if the visa is not coming till end of July. I am confused. I wish I had not resigned my job. I thought 2 weeks processing will apply to me!

Jul 9, 2018
Marta: Thank you so much for very clear response. All in all, it seems I can not do anything but wait! I read all posts regarding this matter and it seems most postdocs got their visa in 2 weeks or even less. You know how stressful it is. My other issue is that I already resigned my current job and have to leave Europe if the visa is not coming till end of July. I am confused. I wish I had not resigned my job. I thought 2 weeks processing will apply to me!

Hello, when you login to your portal, does it mention anywhere that it will be processed under 2 weeks, also as per the website we have to give biometric details within 2 weeks of submission of application, have you done it already?

Mm1362

Jul 7, 2018
no. i can not see anywhere in my profile mentioning the 2 weeks processing.

I did not need the fingerprint as they keep previous biometry for 10 years. i had my previous biometry just about 3 months ago.

Jul 9, 2018
no. i can not see anywhere in my profile mentioning the 2 weeks processing.

I did not need the fingerprint as they keep previous biometry for 10 years. i had my previous biometry just about 3 months ago.

oh! okay, i never gave my biometric yet in the portal it says it is not required. strange!.

is there any other groups or forums where i can interact with people applying under same category?

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
It just says it is in progress and background check!! I sent all necessary documents online. I sent a complete package. I have traveled to Canada 4 times in past with visitor visa and currently I have 5 year Canada visitor visa in my passport. I have done most of my education in North European countries and have 2 and half year work experience in Denmark. It seems everything about my background is ok. But still 2 weeks processing week did not apply to me. It could be due to my nationality which always created issues for me!

The only document I did not send was the Police certificate from my own country as it takes ages to get it. But they also did not ask for a police certificate anyway. I still sent the Danish police certificate and explained in explanation letter that I have already applied for police certificate from my country and wait to get it.

What else can cause delays in my visa processing time. My postdoc in Canada starts first of August! I also contacted CIC and explained my situation, so far no response!
Hey, I applied from Denmark too. I did not have to submit any medical or police report for the work permit. Did they ask you to submit police records from Denmark? If not, why did you submit just from PCC just from Denmark and not the one from your country?

In my case, as I wrote earlier, I did not indicate that I wanted two-weeks processing but they did process it in less than a week anyway.

I sincerely hope that you get your application approved soon.

Mm1362

Jul 7, 2018
@ maplenow: I can guess your nationality is European. It seems for all European it takes a week or less. And my nationality is one of those that unfortunately always generates issues for me when it comes to visas. That is why I sent as many supporting documents as possible, including danish PCC, even though they did not ask for it. From my country taking PCC takes ages... applied yet did not get it...

Can I know from when did you exactly apply?

@ abdulsalaamsyed: If they did not require biometry, that is ok. For some nationalities they do not need it. If they do, they will send you a message. Good luck!

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
@ maplenow: I can guess your nationality is European. It seems for all European it takes a week or less. And my nationality is one of those that unfortunately always generates issues for me when it comes to visas. That is why I sent as many supporting documents as possible, including danish PCC, even though they did not ask for it. From my country taking PCC takes ages... applied yet did not get it...

Can I know from when did you exactly apply?

@ abdulsalaamsyed: If they did not require biometry, that is ok. For some nationalities they do not need it. If they do, they will send you a message. Good luck!
Actually, you are not quite right. I am from Nepal.

Reactions: Mm1362

Mm1362

Jul 7, 2018
Hi all,
I would like to share my experience with CIC for work visa as a postdoc. I applied on 14th of June 2018 and sent a complete package to them. I also wrote an explanation letter and explained my situation and requested for 2 weeks processing. I am sure I could fit within the criteria that they have for 2 weeks processing time. I also live in Northern Europe for the past 9 years doing Msc and PhD in Europe. But in the end 2 weeks processing time did not work out for me, although I heard from so many people that worked out for them, no matter or where they applied from. And today is almost 6 weeks passed and after 6 weeks, I got the passport request letter. Just wanted to warn the future applicants that 2 weeks processing time does not work for everybody and I guess depending on one's nationality, the processing time may take even longer than what it is indicated by CIC. Hope this is helpful. I wish everybody the best!

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hi all,
I would like to share my experience with CIC for work visa as a postdoc. I applied on 14th of June 2018 and sent a complete package to them. I also wrote an explanation letter and explained my situation and requested for 2 weeks processing. I am sure I could fit within the criteria that they have for 2 weeks processing time. I also live in Northern Europe for the past 9 years doing Msc and PhD in Europe. But in the end 2 weeks processing time did not work out for me, although I heard from so many people that worked out for them, no matter or where they applied from. And today is almost 6 weeks passed and after 6 weeks, I got the passport request letter. Just wanted to warn the future applicants that 2 weeks processing time does not work for everybody and I guess depending on one's nationality, the processing time may take even longer than what it is indicated by CIC. Hope this is helpful. I wish everybody the best!
Congrats!

Rivia

Sep 19, 2018
Hello guys,

I am a PhD student from India and recently applied for work permit online since I got postdoc offer from Canada. I wish to know of the two weeks processing time works for Indian nationalities too. Your response would be much appreciated.

Thanks

samarehsamadi

Dec 11, 2018
Hi all,
Hi
Which type of VISA did you choose in the form?
I have one-year postdoc offer from UBC and I have chosen Visitor-Work. Is it correct? Did you choose the same?

Thanks for your help

RAKZ

Star Member
Dec 31, 2019
Hello guys,

I am a PhD student from India and recently applied for work permit online since I got postdoc offer from Canada. I wish to know of the two weeks processing time works for Indian nationalities too. Your response would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Does two week processing worked for you?