Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Pre-approved LMIA is a weird name. But it is totally possible and legitimate for a company/employer to apply and get approved for a positive un-named LMIA. And if there's a worker who's right for the job, that worker can use that positive LMIA. It's totally normal. Although selling LMIA to someone is illegal.

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
mikko008 said:
Pre-approved LMIA is a weird name. But it is totally possible and legitimate for a company/employer to apply and get approved for a positive un-named LMIA. And if there's a worker who's right for the job, that worker can use that positive LMIA. It's totally normal. Although selling LMIA to someone is illegal.
Yes, they were selling them for $25,000.

They don't say they're selling them on ads. They pose as immigration consultants.
When you call them you find out about it.

From my point of view, this is abnormal business.
If you guys think this is fine, that's ok. Go for it.

Yeah... people buy celebrity's bubble gum for $10,000... then why not LMIA? LOL

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kvrforum said:
Is that legal in Canada?
Can a person charge $60,000 for just filing LMIA?

Can employer impose that much of power to employees?
Of course that is not legal. That is why you should report it.

It is a violation of federal law for recruiters or employers to charge their employees for the LMIA fee of $1,000, let alone $60,000 or for the job.

http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/is_fn_epfn.php

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/about/integrity/online.shtml

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/02/people-charged-immigration-fraud-canada-027133.html

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
jes_ON said:
Of course that is not legal. That is why you should report it.

It is a violation of federal law for recruiters or employers to charge their employees for the LMIA fee of $1,000, let alone $60,000 or for the job.

http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/is_fn_epfn.php

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/about/integrity/online.shtml

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/02/people-charged-immigration-fraud-canada-027133.html

People on this thread talk as if that's perfectly normal...

Those fake immigration lawyers should be banned forever from society if they're making living from that.
If they were doing that in USA, they would have been arrested already. CIC should cancel their PR if they find out about it.

"Earlier in 2015, three Toronto residents were charged with acting as unauthorized immigration consultants and providing false information to clients and government officials.
Another Toronto resident was charged with defrauding more than $2.3 million from 600 prospective Filipino immigrants who had paid up to $10,000 each for assistance in coming to Canada as temporary foreign workers.

Read more at http://www.cicnews.com/2016/02/people-charged-immigration-fraud-canada-027133.html#YqS6c6yVFVG5OKef.99"

All of the lawyers I could meet in Toronto were in this way. They tried to sell LMIA for a lot of cash.
Toronto is full of fake lawyers like this. Many of them were former immigrants...they got their PR and now see what they do for making living.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Well someone has to report it to IRCC to get them arrested. @kvrforum If you have come across such fraudsters, then you should report it to IRCC asap.

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Kumarp said:
Well someone has to report it to IRCC to get them arrested. @kvrforum If you have come across such fraudsters, then you should report it to IRCC asap.
I will do that.

They were also seeking $2500 for issuing an acceptance letter from an obscure college to get study permit.
I don't think this is legal either...
I think the majority of immigration lawyers in Toronto are in this way. I met a few people but they have pretty much similar business schemes... (selling LMIA, acceptance letter, etc).

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kvrforum said:
I will do that.

What surprises me is some of those fake lawyers have college degrees from recognized schools in Canada (University of Toronto, York University, etc).
It proves college education doesn't really mean much here...
Doesn't prove that.

What it does prove is that corruption (at one end) and gullibility (at the other end) is not the sole preserve of any single religion, community, continent, nation state or region. It belongs to all humanity.

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: The truth of LMIA and people behind it... PLEASE BEWARE

kvrforum said:
But beware of these guys who say they have pre-approved LMIA ready for job positions.
They aren't always a scam. The employer I worked for filed for two LMIAs instead of one. That meant that they did, in fact, have a developer LMIA ready to go.

They did not, however, ask employees to pay them for the privilege.

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Re: The truth of LMIA and people behind it... PLEASE BEWARE

cyt0plas said:
They aren't always a scam. The employer I worked for filed for two LMIAs instead of one. That meant that they did, in fact, have a developer LMIA ready to go.

They did not, however, ask employees to pay them for the privilege.
Yes they filed for you but I'm talking about those guys who ask you to pay $25,000 for that.

As you can see on news papers, some of these guys were arrested in Toronto. I've talked to many of them in Toronto. They're everywhere.

It's no surprise that authority found a guy who made $2.3 million dollars from doing that.

Why are people advocating these guys on this forum? In my clear point of view, this is not legit way of making money.

You make money from people who are in poorer and weaker social status. You charge unbelievable amount of money which you'll never be able to charge to someone else in a normal society. You impose your power on newer immigrants to make profit using legal system.
Is this normal?

Well, okay, I won't argue with that anymore.
I was never taught that is normal in countries I was raised in.
This could make sense between 1500's to 1800's... not in 2016. I read about these people in history books....

mysunshine

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
kvrforum said:
Exactly. This barely makes sense to me. Do people pay that much money for LMIA and they think that's normal?

If you guys think that's normal, I would consider this is a normal daily life in Canada.
No, they dont pay $60000 just to file LMIA application, but they find a company to offer you a fake job and to LMIA for you. I have a friend who just paid $48000 for LIMA position last month. Guess it is because there are too many rich people live in Vancouver. They want to buy pr like a new BMW, and they can afford it.

mysunshine

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
And you cannot report them because you dont "buy" lmia from your employer, but pay the immigration lawyer(more consultants), he will bring you to the interview, and the company decide they "want" you. They are more and more careful right now.

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
mysunshine said:
And you cannot report them because you dont "buy" lmia from your employer, but pay the immigration lawyer(more consultants), he will bring you to the interview, and the company decide they "want" you. They are more and more careful right now.
One person I talked to was an employer herself. She said she wants $25,000 for filing LMIA.
I wonder how many immigrants are working at her factory. She said she has 300 employees.
But good for you man...

Reactions: Rahatkhan2023

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Anything which involve money transaction is against law and Ethics. No one should ever play for getting job or LMIA.

Pr_qa

Feb 26, 2016
what is fake college ? Every college is legal if it has dli number and it is registered in CIC, be private or public college. It doesn't matter.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kvrforum said:
One person I talked to was an employer herself. She said she wants $25,000 for filing LMIA.
I wonder how many immigrants are working at her factory. She said she has 300 employees.
But good for you man...

you talked about so many lawyers and employers doing this fake, so you should them all to government, probably you will get reward from government or they will give you bonus points for your honesty, and once you do that than share your news articles here too, we would be looking forward to it, but if you cannot do it, share the complete information about those people so that anyone on this forum can report instead of you