+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The truth of pre-approved LMIA and people behind it... PLEASE BEWARE

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
The truth of people advertising for LMIA jobs on kijiji, craigslist is here.

I called them because they said they have pre-approved LMIA ready.

- One lawyer asked me to pay him $6000 for that long-haul truck driver job position which they will file LMIA for.
.... who pays $6000 to work as a truck driver? really? do you pay to work?

- A former-immigrant lady posing herself as an immigration consultant told me to pay her $25,000 to work at her factory as a baker which they will file LMIA for.
..... really?

- Two fake lawyers told me to attend a fake college for $14,000 which they will give me an acceptance letter a night after. He said he will make me eligible for post-graduate open work permit. They advertise as a free consulting organization. They have connection with those colleges which obviously will do whatever for making one more dollar.

The funniest fact is some of these guys were the same immigrants as well. They successfully got their PR and now they choose to scam on newer immigrants to make living in Canada. This is very shocking to me...

The truth about fake marketing companies in Toronto (or maybe in whole Canada):

- The majority of these "Marketing" companies are scam companies which change their names every two years.
https://doortodoortruth.wordpress.com/companies/

They advertise positions but none of them are real companies. They're there to ask you for commission-based works (which is not real work). They will disappear when they get discredited. I got five interviews from them while I was in Toronto.
Don't even call them.

I understand they want more and more easy money than everybody else's out there... but seriously?
If you want money, go out and work. They have PR and everything but they only choose faulty ways of life which don't benefit anyone.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: The truth of LMIA and people behind it... PLEASE BEWARE

can you tell us which are these lawyers share their names and office addresses

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016

Honeyaustin said:
can you tell us which are these lawyers share their names and office addresses
I believe that will be against privacy laws...

But beware of these guys who say they have pre-approved LMIA ready for job positions.

They're there to rip off some big money from you.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

kvrforum said:
I believe that will be against privacy laws...

But beware of these guys who say they have pre-approved LMIA ready for job positions.

They're there to rip off some big money from you.

how can everyone be aware of these kind of laywers, if no one share information

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016

Honeyaustin said:
how can everyone be aware of these kind of laywers, if no one share information
This is all information I will share for now. When they say they have pre-approved LMIA or marketing job position, don't trust them.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed

kvrforum said:
This is all information I will share for now. When they say they have pre-approved LMIA or marketing job position, don't trust them.
kvrforum, thanks for the info, but would you mind reporting it to IRCC in some way? There are thousands who are not on this forum and are getting scammed.

Please :'( :'( :'(---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016

Kumarp said:
kvrforum, thanks for the info, but would you mind reporting it to IRCC in some way? There are thousands who are not on this forum and are getting scammed.

Please :'( :'( :'(---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp
I will do that soon. The fact they they're able to rent an office in a city means they have been scamming on hundreds of new immigrants.

There's no such thing as pre-approved LMIA. Don't give them money.
90% of marketing job ads are not credible either unless it's from a big company like Google.

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
mysunshine said:
Oh, they charge $60000 for LMIA in Vancouver right now, some said $40000.
Is that legal in Canada?
Can a person charge $60,000 for just filing LMIA?

Can employer impose that much of power to employees?

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/reform/info_fw.shtml

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/tfw-rights.asp

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
mysunshine said:
Oh, they charge $60000 for LMIA in Vancouver right now, some said $40000.
Wow. That's a lot of money. Good enough to start a small to medium business anywhere around the world.

kvrforum

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Kumarp said:
Wow. That's a lot of money. Good enough to start a small to medium business anywhere around the world.
Exactly. This barely makes sense to me. Do people pay that much money for LMIA and they think that's normal?

If you guys think that's normal, I would consider this is a normal daily life in Canada.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
kvrforum said:
Exactly. This barely makes sense to me. Do people pay that much money for LMIA and they think that's normal?
I've heard of such stories from friends of friends of some long distance acquaintances, where people have paid hefty sum (upto $20,000 to get LMIA or to get a Canadian bride / groom who they will divorce in few years once they get PR or Citizenship. But 60,000$ is another level. Wow :eek: :eek: I wish I knew someone like that, so I can go report it to IRCC and feel accomplished :p :p.

Kumarp

Star Member
Dec 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015 Passed
Honeyaustin said:
6000 makes some sense,
60000 doesn't, its like buying a brand new BMW
Ahhhmm but why would you pay 6000$ ?? Correct me if I am wrong coz I have no clue how LMIA works, I thought 'employer' pays the processing fee and NOT the 'employee'.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kumarp said:
Ahhhmm but why would you pay 6000$ ?? Correct me if I am wrong coz I have no clue how LMIA works, I thought 'employer' pays the processing fee and NOT the 'employee'.

ofcourse employer pays 1500 and if u wish to hire a consultant you have to pay consultant too, they also take couple of 1000s for doing paper works

i don't think so you can force your employer to pay consultant fees, if you wish to hire consultant for your case but not employer