+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The strike is officially over.

Quesney

Aug 19, 2013
News

26 September 2013 - Canada’s Foreign Service Officers Reach Tentative Agreement with Federal Government
The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers is pleased to announce that a tentative agreement has been reached with the Treasury Board of Canada to end our six-month labour dispute.

“PAFSO is satisfied with this deal,” said PAFSO President Tim Edwards.“This agreement was reached through compromises on both sides,” continued Edwards. “We salute the spirit of constructive engagement which our employer brought to our latest discussions. This deal is a victory for free and fair bargaining in the federal public service.”

With the signing of this tentative agreement PAFSO has ordered an immediate suspension of all strike measures and work to rule. The agreement requires ratification by the PAFSO membership and approval by the full Treasury Board. PAFSO’s Executive Committee and Treasury Board president Tony Clement have agreed to recommend acceptance of the offer.

“We are pleased that the Government has recognized the tremendous value and dedication which Foreign Service Officers provide to Canadians and their elected representatives,” said Edwards. “It has been a hard-fought battle and I would like to salute the unity, resolve, and stamina of our members in securing a fair and equitable deal. We’re excited to get back to doing the work we love, promoting and protecting Canada’s values and interests abroad.”

The 1,350 Foreign Service Officers have been without a contract since July 1, 2011 and in a legal strike position since April 2, 2013. This agreement concludes the longest federal public service strike since the introduction of collective bargaining in 1967.

Quesney

Aug 19, 2013
Now visa applications will be processes normally as VO officers will resume work.The question is though: How is CIC possibly going to deal with the accumulated applications? People have been waiting for Months now.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Quesney said:
Now visa applications will be processes normally as VO officers will resume work.The question is though: How is CIC possibly going to deal with the accumulated applications? People have been waiting for Months now.
CIC will try to meet the existing defined deadlines. If there is a change, it will be posted in the site. Let's hope for the best.

Passport2Canada

Star Member
Sep 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-2-2013
AOR Received.
25-2-2013
Med's Done....
5-2-2013
Passport Req..
3-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2014
kprs_ind said:
CIC will try to meet the existing defined deadlines. If there is a change, it will be posted in the site. Let's hope for the best.
Guess that means that mine could take the whole 14 months after all. I applied in February 2013. Included the medical, FBI certificate, passport, and all other forms and evidence. The only thing they've asked for since then is another copy of my passport, and told me that the initial review of my application was complete. So I'm guessing they've at least looked it over, but no way to know where it stands at this point. If they put it aside while waiting for me to send the passport copy, which I did two days later, then it might not come back around for a while. Especially with the backlog.