13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi.

Actually, I think as a concept the Canada immigration system is very good. The points matrix, requiring language proof, only allowing a controlled number of applicants with in-demand occupation experience. Canada is an underpopulate country and needs skilled immigrants to boost its work force, but it needs the RIGHT immigrants. Of course there is a different between occupations which are recognised as in-demand globally, and those which are in-demand locally within each province - but this is why there are different Federal and Provincial routes under which to apply.

However, where I think the system falls down is how it is implemented. The communication is very poor between CIC/visa offices and the applicants. There is no transparency. Visa offices will tell you they are processing all applications within their priority streams in a very strict date order in which they arrive, but one only has to look at the spreadsheets for each visa office to see clearly that this just ain't so.

Even within the same set of Ministerial Instructions - some "lucky" applicants get visas as quickly as 3 months. Others even post-June-2010 have been waiting for almost 1.5 years with no medical requests yet. And of course that's not even looking at the very large backlog where some applicants have been waiting 3,4,5+ years.

Of course CIC can't wave a magic wand and clear the backlog overnight. But I feel they can do is make things more transparent and make their communication better.

Why should it be necessary to apply for CAIPS/GCMS? Why can't this information be translated and clearly listed on ECAS? The information is there. Why can't each visa office publish their working patterns so that applicants can see exactly what's going on there? There is currently no explaination for some applicants getting very quick 3 to 4 month visas and others at the same visa office in the same set of MI waiting 12 months or more going In Process. A few minutes of someone's time once per week to publish work patterns and to let applicants know exactly what's going on at the visa office's web site, would probably save the visa office having to answer thousands of "what's going on with my application?" queries.

Wayne.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Good post Wayne...Spot on.

I think that the System, Processing and the way the Immigrants are incorporated into Canada needs a through review and an overhaul....Though not gonna happen anytime soon :)

ADUFE

Jun 28, 2009
canadahelp7 said:
haha... canadian eh ? cos one of your ancestor was allowed into canada and in your words, worked their way to get free education for you and the rest - what a joke !! stop envying the others who are skilled enough to be there.

and hey, you talk about shortage in low skilled work - how many of you are qualified enough to take up the 29 occupations in the FSW list? It would suit you to be in the low skilled work so there is none listed in the MI list. :p
Well said Canadahelp7!!!

aassimm4u2

Star Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
00 sept, 2010 (received at CIO),BD encahed on XX sept,2010
Doc's Request.
updated PCC request got on XXth Jul,11, send on XX-08-11,Updated Schedule A, on xx May 2012, Org St on xx June 2012
AOR Received.
XX-12-2010
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
in March 2011
Med's Request
16-09-2012
Med's Done....
24-09-2012, appeared in ecas on 15-10-2012
Interview........
waived hopefully
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 30-10-2012, PPR-2 28-11-2012,DM on ecas 15-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2012, RECEIVED ON 13-12-2012
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH IN MARCH 2013, CALGARY
dear very well said, Mr. Cappuccino

theshivster

Oct 7, 2010
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
IELTS Request
sent with app 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
RBVO 21 June 2011 IN PROCESS 20 Jan 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
02.10.2012 (there is only one DMP here and we were waiting on new passports) Meds line added 19.11.12
Passport Req..
07.02.2013 sent 11.2.13 arrived 12.2.13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Dated 28.02.2013 Canadian Address on Ecas 02.03.2013 Decision Made Sunday 03.03.2013
LANDED..........
Prinicipal Applicant Landed 14 May. The rest of us landed on 2.9.2013
Cappuccino said:
Hi.

Actually, I think as a concept the Canada immigration system is very good. The points matrix, requiring language proof, only allowing a controlled number of applicants with in-demand occupation experience. Canada is an underpopulate country and needs skilled immigrants to boost its work force, but it needs the RIGHT immigrants. Of course there is a different between occupations which are recognised as in-demand globally, and those which are in-demand locally within each province - but this is why there are different Federal and Provincial routes under which to apply.

However, where I think the system falls down is how it is implemented. The communication is very poor between CIC/visa offices and the applicants. There is no transparency. Visa offices will tell you they are processing all applications within their priority streams in a very strict date order in which they arrive, but one only has to look at the spreadsheets for each visa office to see clearly that this just ain't so.

Even within the same set of Ministerial Instructions - some "lucky" applicants get visas as quickly as 3 months. Others even post-June-2010 have been waiting for almost 1.5 years with no medical requests yet. And of course that's not even looking at the very large backlog where some applicants have been waiting 3,4,5+ years.

Of course CIC can't wave a magic wand and clear the backlog overnight. But I feel they can do is make things more transparent and make their communication better.

Why should it be necessary to apply for CAIPS/GCMS? Why can't this information be translated and clearly listed on ECAS? The information is there. Why can't each visa office publish their working patterns so that applicants can see exactly what's going on there? There is currently no explaination for some applicants getting very quick 3 to 4 month visas and others at the same visa office in the same set of MI waiting 12 months or more going In Process. A few minutes of someone's time once per week to publish work patterns and to let applicants know exactly what's going on at the visa office's web site, would probably save the visa office having to answer thousands of "what's going on with my application?" queries.

+1 for you Wayne

Wayne.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Well I think sooner or later the system will change. The conservatives finally have a majority, and they'll slowly make changes to the system to make it fair for Canadians and immigrants.

Right now the system is a joke, we as Canadians don't want our citizenship and passports given out cheaply as it is right now. People simply get the passport and leave, and are entitled to free health benefits, and OAS when they get old. This has to change!

We should have an immigration system like that of Switzerland etc..

Personally I think the argument is flawed that Canada needs so many immigrants. It's changing our society in ways Canadians do not want.

manja_mali

Oct 19, 2011
Funny this bloke has Family Class Visa on the profile & claims to be a Canadian. Having met a lot of these sour grapes, i realized 2 things:
1) Their lack of relevance in the market place leads them to a sense of entitlement that is usually more based on a "hand-out" culture and not based on meritocracy

2) Double standards with regard to what is convenient to them , no standards for anything their head cannot wrap around. There is a lesson why the dinosaurs never made it out of the Jurassic age !!

Architect2151

Star Member
Nov 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
IELTS Request
Sent With application
I agree with AAL1984.
This system needs to be reviewed and changed.
Most of immigrants are living out of Canada.
And making Canadian PR as a safe side for their
Unknown uncertainties in profession or status in other
Countries like USA or Europe.

Sharp2000

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
May 2010
IELTS Request
sent with complete documents
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
11/05/2012
Med's Done....
11/06/2012
Interview........
22/03/2012
Passport Req..
11/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting..........
Hi all,

I agree with the title. Indeed, western countries are using skilled professionals in a physical labor than academic works. there are very slim chances of getting job as per our work experience and education. reality bites. one can experience this fact once they get into Canada and else. please think twice before u give off your existing job in the name of PR

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One thing is for sure, all post here are merely personal opinions not suggestively a fact. Just a healthy exchange of ideas that everyone are entitled to have. Even though FSW is not a perfect program, I'm very thankful it was introduced to us dreaming to go to Canada.

Skilled worker program is not a fraud, it just need a thorough review and some tweaking. I disagree with the title.

Britishimmigrant

Oct 6, 2011
Couldnt agree more AAL1984, I am not a Canadian but have friends and family all across Canada therefore travel to Canada every year. Skilled Immigration is indeed a scam. But you can see the point fromk the citizens from third world country, this is one of a life time opportunity for them, even though these wanna be highly skilled migrant will be driving cabs and delivering pizza in your town very soon.

There are just not enough jobs for Canadians let alone new immigrants.

Daash

Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th feb 2011
AOR Received.
20th march 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
RBVO since 5th April 2011- IN PROCESS at present
Med's Request
21st October 2011 by God's Grace
Med's Done....
Med Furtherance submitted to embassy on 12.12.2011- Medical Received line since 15.01.2012 by God's Grace
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
21st October 2011 by God's Grace- Submitted on 11th NOv by God's Grace
VISA ISSUED...
17.04.2012 by God's Grace
LANDED..........
15.05.2012 by God's Grace
Britishimmigrant said:
Couldnt agree more AAL1984, I am not a Canadian but have friends and family all across Canada therefore travel to Canada every year. Skilled Immigration is indeed a scam. But you can see the point fromk the citizens from third world country, this is one of a life time opportunity for them, even though these wanna be highly skilled migrant will be driving cabs and delivering pizza in your town very soon.

Pls brother....you have been trying to secure a visa for yourself since around 5 years and now since you are stuck in your so called "Vicious Circle", stop de moralising other Forum Members........its really uncalled for

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Britishimmigrant said:

Ouch! that hurts!

I'm planning to build an empire of cabs and pizza in Canada... 8) :p ;D :-*

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
Hmmm ... hey AAL(whatever the number) ... so as a Hospitality Professional I am unskilled eh?

Well in 2006, Alberta's revenue from Tourism and Hospitality was at $5.6 billion. Funny, "unskilled workers" get one province all this money eh?

Piece of advice: Put your hands back in your pocket, and "Get A Job"!

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I so loved reading the comments on this thread. Wayne's post stood up to me though....I cant for the life of me imagine how some applications get processed so quickly and others waiting forever to get medical request.

One thing is for sure though....it is a personal decision to emigrate to Canada. No one said it woulsd be rosy, it is never rosy anywhere, not the UK, or other parts of Europe. For me, moving to Canada means starting from the scratch, and gradually developing myself....
As you wait for your application to be processed, perhaps, you could check with getting your credentials recognised, explore your field, what opportunities there are. I know all these things cost but it is worth your while.

I am under no illusions that I am going to get everything on a silver platter when I go to Canada...I have conditioned my mind that I have to work hard in order to make my dreams a reality.....

So all those nay sayers, perhaps you had some bad experiences, but please, dont contaminate the forum with such negativities...
Mandie