Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
Hi,

I think the skilled worker program is complete fraud. Just look at the list of jobs, really there is no shortage of people to do these kind of jobs in Canada. Just look at the list "Restaurant Manager" - this is a skilled job??

Professional management LOL, do you really think there is a shortage of this kind of work in Canada?

Other jobs such as doctors (which we do need), it is very difficult and almost impossible for foreign doctors to get a license here!

There is no coordination between the professional regulating authorities and the federal government in terms of actually allowing skilled immigrants to work.

So lets be honest, I think all you professionals are pretty smart and know this. You're just coming here to get the citizenship and a subsidized education for your kids aren't you?

The ones who don't know this, don't waste your time with Canada - really it is a nightmare for professionals. I think we have the worlds most educated cab drivers and pizza delivery men, something which we should be ashamed of.

What Canada does need is cheap labour, labour for farm work, construction , etc..I also do support the PNP program, but the federal skilled worker program should be shelved. Why are we bringing in professionals when there are no jobs for them?

What do you think?

farney bhoy

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th July 2011
AOR Received.
PER 20-10-2011
IELTS Request
Filed with application
Med's Request
28/02/13. Together with RPRF.
Med's Done....
11/03/13. Meds received 09/04/13
Passport Req..
23/05/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/07/2013
LANDED..........
24/09/2013. Toronto.
For the record, my occupation is listed under 0631 which includes bar and restaurant management. To say that it is not a skilled job smacks off complete ignorance on your part.

You are entitled to your opinion on the rights and wrongs of the FSW but your post has rascist overtones especially regarding the education of immigrants and their children.

You would be better served writing to your locally elected representative on this subject instead of posting on a Canadian immigration forum and hiding behind a keyboard. Get a life.

prapplicant

Jan 25, 2010
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Sep-2011
AAL1984 said:
Hi,

I think the skilled worker program is complete fraud. Just look at the list of jobs, really there is no shortage of people to do these kind of jobs in Canada. Just look at the list "Restaurant Manager" - this is a skilled job??

Professional management LOL, do you really think there is a shortage of this kind of work in Canada?

Other jobs such as doctors (which we do need), it is very difficult and almost impossible for foreign doctors to get a license here!

There is no coordination between the professional regulating authorities and the federal government in terms of actually allowing skilled immigrants to work.

So lets be honest, I think all you professionals are pretty smart and know this. You're just coming here to get the citizenship and a subsidized education for your kids aren't you?

The ones who don't know this, don't waste your time with Canada - really it is a nightmare for professionals. I think we have the worlds most educated cab drivers and pizza delivery men, something which we should be ashamed of.

What Canada does need is cheap labour, labour for farm work, construction , etc..I also do support the PNP program, but the federal skilled worker program should be shelved. Why are we bringing in professionals when there are no jobs for them?

What do you think?
PNP is highly misused by the employers. They can nominate anybody they want, irrespective of rubbish qualifications. Not the case in FSW. I have seen lot more poor stuff that goes in PNP. Not the right place to talk about it.

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAL1984 said:
Hi,

What do you think?
So don't waste your time applying for immigration to Canada. Don't waste your time posting in this forum. Don't waste your time injecting pessimism in our beliefs and dreams. Nobody is forcing you to go to Canada.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
giogenre said:
So don't waste your time applying for immigration to Canada. Don't waste your time posting in this forum. Don't waste your time injecting pessimism in our beliefs and dreams. Nobody is forcing you to go to Canada.
Dude I am a Canadian, I'm just stating reality.

Gav

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 13, 2009
AOR Received.
13 Feb, 2010
File Transfer...
27 Jan 2010
Med's Request
5 oct 2010
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05 Oct 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2 Apr 2011
LANDED..........
11 May 2011
Brother...Before i say anything...all i would say...Your statement is qualitative and .....CIC can show you data to backup their statement......so they have more weight...they are a part of the system which is running a country....I won't challenge intelligence of experienced people ....with no experience in running an immigration program and with no data....If they say they have a shortage of something ...they will have figures backing it up.....and it is not only toronto...Calgary...vancouver ....for then it is the entire nation....

Gav

AAL1984 said:
Hi,

What do you think?

canadahelp7

Sep 3, 2011
AAL1984 said:
haha... canadian eh ? cos one of your ancestor was allowed into canada and in your words, worked their way to get free education for you and the rest - what a joke !! stop envying the others who are skilled enough to be there.

and hey, you talk about shortage in low skilled work - how many of you are qualified enough to take up the 29 occupations in the FSW list? It would suit you to be in the low skilled work so there is none listed in the MI list. :p

giogenre

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAL1984 said:
Unless you have conducted a very thorough feasibility study to back up what you are claiming, then I would just consider it only your personal opinion. If you are from the Labor Ministry or have the expertise on labor environment in Canada, then maybe I will somewhat consider your claim. Let's be honest (as you would say), I believe that the FSW program is genuine (IMHO). What's wrong with the worlds most educated cab drivers and pizza delivery men? What's wrong in aspiring for a Canadian Citizenship? What's wrong in giving my child a very good standard free education and living?

I admire you because you are in Canada, I wish I and my family will be there soon.

Thanks and Regards.

Daash

Oct 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th feb 2011
AOR Received.
20th march 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
RBVO since 5th April 2011- IN PROCESS at present
Med's Request
21st October 2011 by God's Grace
Med's Done....
Med Furtherance submitted to embassy on 12.12.2011- Medical Received line since 15.01.2012 by God's Grace
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
21st October 2011 by God's Grace- Submitted on 11th NOv by God's Grace
VISA ISSUED...
17.04.2012 by God's Grace
LANDED..........
15.05.2012 by God's Grace
Stop Dissing Canada and their authorities.......Mr. Canadian (As you intend to call yourself-Guy who started this discussion)

RChettiar

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Visa Office......
New DElhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Appl. Recd by CIC on 18th July
Doc's Request.
Sent notarized documents
AOR Received.
17th October, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent Original alongwith application
File Transfer...
2nd AOR - 11th Nov.,2011
Med's Request
27th Jan 2012
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2012
Interview........
Hmmmmm..... i dont mind!!!
Passport Req..
27th Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped 1st March and Recevd on 13/3/2012
LANDED..........
25th June 2012
PR Applicant +1 for you.

AA1984 - How you can think 0631 NOC doesn't come under skill category. It is clearly mentioned in the duties and responsibilities, the Restaurant Manager should be able to manage the restaurant and not a stewarding job which many of them often try to misinterpret.

Do you know how much it costs to get qualified for a hospitality degree from a reputed university and then goes the management level experience.

Before under estimating think twice.

ovais

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER 16-11-2011
Med's Request
12-12-12
Med's Done....
20-12-12
Passport Req..
PPR1 03-04-13 DM 22-04-13 PPR2 02-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-13
LANDED..........
November 1, 2013
mayb i will not be success in canada. mayb life will be harsh n the money will be hard to come by. mayb i m not prepared for things which i will have to face in canada. but still i think i will be much better prepared than the people which crossed the atlantic n cross the great plains to settle in the inhospitable territory with wild beasts and renegade indians. i think i will not be sleeping under the open sky and my kid will most likely be going to school n will be more successful than i might be here or there. i am knowingly embarking on this adventure n i am loving every bit of it so far. good luck all.

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Very well said Ovais. This is why we are all wanting to be there. We all know pros & cons of doing this venture. And the reality is that we can always go to some other country, if we don't succeed there after landing.

DR Who

Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Apr-2011
Doc's Request.
PER 18-May-2011
AOR Received.
RBVO 17-June
File Transfer...
In-Proc 16-July
Med's Request
19-Jul-2011
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2011, Med received in Ecas 9-Oct-2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
PPR 1 on 29 Oct -2011/ PPR 2 on 7 Nov - 2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
29 May 2012
Very well written Ovais. You really put the Canadian immigration in the right perspective for me.

AAL1984, I think you are right in recognizing that FSW immigrants know that it is going to be tough for them but they also know that sacrifice on their part is required to get their children to have a chance of a better future.

As for subsidized education, well there are two sides to this. First, Canada is getting already educated immigrants who have already paid for their education. Second, the property taxes which are required to be paid by immigrants' families are source of funds for schools.

In fact, sometimes I think that while skill based immigration programs are good for immigrants and the the receiving country. They are really unfair to the countries whose educated citizens are being lured causing a brain drain in that country.

Your Highness

Champion Member
Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th Sep 2011
AOR Received.
PER rcvd on 14th Dec 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
AOR from NDVO rcvd on 21 Jan 2012
Med's Request
7th Feb 2012
Med's Done....
Med sent on 24th Feb 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Req rcvd on 7th Feb sent on 24th Feb 2012. RPRF DD encashed on 11th April
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 10th May. PPs rcvd with Visa on 14th May 2012
LANDED..........
Landed in Toronto on 3rd July 2012!
Wonderfully written Ovais.

And cheers to PRaap and Robin!!! Way to go!!!

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
@ AAL1984 you do have some valid points.

Even the Government authorities know that the system is screwed up. Lots of articles on that.

I mean if you give a Doctor Residency, and then he clears all exam, but, is still not able to be a part of Canadian work force (in his profession), it says a lot about ill planned system. To top it off there is acute shortage of that Skill, beats me what they are thinking. its utterly unfair, not only with the PR holder, but, with the Canadians as whole....why should they be kept under shortage cover, when there are competent doctors running around doing odd jobs.

Yeah we know that there is slim future for us there in Canada (doctors)..Say for me, I am making a Healthy salary in Middle East, I will make a transition over some time. This job will give me time to study for exams, and support family too. But that is not the case for most of the immigrants. They survive on odd jobs in Canada, and when you are doing odd jobs you find it VERY difficult to study, and even if you pass all exam, there is no job for you.....

So yeah you are right most of the doctors I know move there for Citizenship, and then move out.

I heard on a Documentary one dude telling that when he went to Canadian Embassy for an interview, that Visa officer asked him, "What you will do in Canada". He said, "You must have some plan to incorporated us into Canada and provide us with the job". She said, "We dont care about you, and have nothing planned, its your kids that we are interested in". :) And honestly WE are also interested in the future of our kids :)

So I guess it's like that, untill some wise politicians come up with some plan to incorporate skilled folks, its gonna be like that. But politicians are gonna remain the same, all over the world i.e detached from reality.

And remember the immigrants dont have everything for free, they work their asses off and pay taxes just like everyone else. So they contribute to Canadian economy just like everyone else.