+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The purpose of your visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in your application.

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
If I were you, I would approach the new SOP addressing each point from the GCMS notes:

• High cost of international study - Clarify that you have a fully funded scholarship so studying in Canada will be actually free of charge for you.
  • Potential career / employment benefits after completion - Show evidence of positions that you would be able to apply for once you have your PHD. Maybe send evidence of job postings or a letter from where you work saying they would pay you more. Be creative.
  • Local option for similar studies - Submit evidence that there is no program locally exactly like the one you are trying to pursue.
  • Qualifications / Previous studies - Explain as clear as possible how everything aligns, what's the progression of your experience and studies and how this program will allow you to achieve. Try to be specific and concise.
  • Level of establishment - Submit as much evidence as possible of every link you have to your home country (family, property, participation in companies, etc.). Again, be creative.
  • Financial ability - Show the funds in your own account, and show as much as possible. Also, say that the amount you are required to show, according to IRCC, is X amounts of CAD and you are submitting evidence of more. Cash in you own account.
  • Future prospects - What will you do after, how will this help you, why this degree is a must for your plans.

Be creative, concise and truthful. Good luck!
I have written the new SOP stressing on these facts as well as the project plan of my PhD. Lets see what happens this time.

Reactions: Geet7

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
You have good level of education. what is your CRS score for express entry? If you have good CRS score you can try for express entry to get PR in order to get your Phd? After your studies you can dump the PR and return back to your home country. If you later decide you enjoy blistering cold weather and shoveling snow then you can carry on staying in canada.
I think I barely clear the CRS cut-off score. But the main constraint in my case is time. I have to start this project as soon as possible and I think the PR process is much more time-consuming than the study permit. I need to get there as fast as possible.

Reactions: HS7

charlesbill

Aug 4, 2022
The same case in mine also, that too twice !!!

First applied in February for May intake in SDS. Got a rejection in April. So I deferred to Fall and applied again on May, again got rejection on 10th August with same reason. I'm a PhD student with GIC, Full scholarship and strong SOP. I really don't know what is there problem if they had been more specific about what they found wrong it would have been really helpful for us.
I also got rejection twice on same reasons full scholarship Phd in Electrical engineering . I have ordered for GCMS Notes to see the exact reason

• Wow
Reactions: anuragipushp

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I also got rejection twice on same reasons full scholarship Phd in Electrical engineering . I have ordered for GCMS Notes to see the exact reason
You should try sending a reconsideration request. Even though its not an official route to follow, for some people it has worked. You do it by sending a webform under the title "Study Permit Reconsideration Request". You should explain that you have a fully funded scholarship for a PDH, which I guess are not that easy to get. You should explain briefly your reasons of why you think your application should have been approved.

Its entirely possible you won't even receive a reply but in some cases, applicants have received a message saying that their application status changed or they received a request of additional documents.

At the end of the day, you loose nothing by trying! Good luck!

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
I applied for notes from both CBSA/IRCC at same time. I just received notes from CBSA today but the notes gives no additional clue for refusal.

In the notes, I noticed they only started processing in chinook 3+ after I send them the webform on the 12th week processing day.

After refusal, I sent them a webform with a letter of explanation which I think is indicated as "Correspondence uploaded for review".

Anyway this is the reason they gave for refusal.

" I have review the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application. "

Is there any chance the GCMS notes from IRCC will be any different or will have more details?

Last edited:

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I applied for notes from both CBSA/IRCC at same time. I just received notes from CBSA today but the notes gives no additional clue for refusal.

In the notes, I noticed they only started processing in chinook 3+ after I send them the webform on the 12th week processing day.

After refusal, I sent them a webform with a letter of explanation which I think is indicated as "Correspondence uploaded for review".

Anyway this is the reason they gave for refusal.

" I have review the application. I have considered the following factors in my decision. The purpose of the applicant's visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in the application. Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay. For the reasons above, I have refused this application. "

Is there any chance the GCMS notes from IRCC will be any different or will have more details?

Wow... indeed, the notes add little to no value at all....

I have no idea but if I had to bet, I would say the IRCC notes will be the same ones you received from CBSA. Maybe this could lead to a Judicial Review? Based on the lack of clear arguments from the VO to refuse your application?

Maybe someone more experienced can weigh...

Sep 4, 2022
Hi Everyone,
I did my Master's in Engineering from Korea. I applied for a study permit (Ph.D. study with full scholarship) for the September intake and was rejected twice.
When I was initially rejected, I ordered GCMS notes, but the notes did not contain any details.

Is it okay to re-apply again? If I re-apply, how can I proceed with my application? Will a support or recommendation letter from a professor be helpful to visa applicants?

I would be grateful if anyone could please help me in this regard.

1st rejection reasons: i) The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application, and ii) your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

2nd rejection reason: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Are you from Korea? If not did you show ties to country of citizenship for job opportunities/ties. If you did that then it may not hurt to submit a webform asking for reconsideration, clearly explaining that you will return to country after studies and how it will help your career too.

charlesbill

Aug 4, 2022
Are you from Korea? If not did you show ties to country of citizenship for job opportunities/ties. If you did that then it may not hurt to submit a webform asking for reconsideration, clearly explaining that you will return to country after studies and how it will help your career too.
Im from Cameroon, i can share my sop with you

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I did my Master's in Engineering from Korea. I applied for a study permit (Ph.D. study with full scholarship) for the September intake and was rejected twice.
When I was initially rejected, I ordered GCMS notes, but the notes did not contain any details.

Is it okay to re-apply again? If I re-apply, how can I proceed with my application? Will a support or recommendation letter from a professor be helpful to visa applicants?

I would be grateful if anyone could please help me in this regard.

1st rejection reasons: i) The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application, and ii) your immigration status outside your country of nationality or habitual residence.

2nd rejection reason: The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
Considering you are going for a full scholarship PDH should make the process easier. I can't believe you were refused twice. Did you request GCMS notes for both denials? If so, what were the comments from the VO?

Sep 4, 2022
Considering you are going for a full scholarship PDH should make the process easier. I can't believe you were refused twice. Did you request GCMS notes for both denials? If so, what were the comments from the VO?
Thank you for your reply. I requested GCMS notes for my first denial. In GCMS notes, there were no details, and the notes contained the same visa rejection reasons. For the second denial, I have not ordered GCMS notes. I assume there will be no details as well. Could you please help me in this regard? How can I proceed with my re-apply application?