+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The purpose of your visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in your application.

Vaidehi desai

Aug 17, 2022
visa rejection on 15th august
Professional background : architect
B. Arch completed 2021 june - 8.63 cgpa
Internship work experience - 5 months - 2019
Ielts : 7.5 (2021 dec)
File logged : may 2022
Course opted : construction project management
Can anyone help me what could be the actual reason behind the rejection?
I want to reapply for my study permit?
Was it that i wont return to my home country? Or
My lack of work experience?
Or
The course selection?
Or
Sop?

sandeepjnair

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Or
The course selection?
Or
Sop?
Is that the only rejection reason mentioned in your letter?

Reactions: Vaidehi desai

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
Or
The course selection?
Or
Sop?
I got the same refusal as you at around the same time. It could be just bias mood of the officer who feels we didn't show enough ties to our home country in our SOP and documents.

I am paying for my education, I have a wife, kid, and parents in my home country who are not coming with me, I have enough savings, I don't even need to work in Canada, and I won't even be applying for PGWP as I already have a business to return to. On the other hand, I have seen young, mobile, penniless students with no ties to their home country (other than parents) getting approvals. One of my distant relatives even has a brother, cousins, and aunty in Canada, and he was approved.

So I have no idea why they refused yours and mine. Are they implying we would stay in Canada illegally? I have visited 8 countries in my life and never overstayed in any and have no criminal record. If they think I will stay illegally in Canada for whatever reasons then I won't even be able to bring my wife and kid over, makes no logical sense at all. So I really have no idea why they refused.

If you intend to defer, Do apply for yours GCMS notes soon as those will show the exact reason. Notes take 1 month to arrive. You will probably need to reapply for the visa before end of September for Jan class since their processing time is 12 weeks.

Vaidehi desai

Aug 17, 2022
I am not thinking of applying for gcms because they take more than 30-40 days now, and have compared a few of my peers and friends- they are all stating the same reason even though with the mentioned ties back in home country, financial, course justification and what not. And if i do, it ll be too late to reapply and dont want to be in a rush again.
Hope this time it helps.
Will work on your recommendation though

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
I am not thinking of applying for gcms because they take more than 30-40 days now, and have compared a few of my peers and friends- they are all stating the same reason even though with the mentioned ties back in home country, financial, course justification and what not. And if i do, it ll be too late to reapply and dont want to be in a rush again.
Hope this time it helps.
Yea I guess you can just show more ties and explain better in SOP that your intentions is just temporary for studies only. For me I have yet to decide to defer or not but I am still curious to see what reason they gave so I have applied to get the GCMS notes anyway.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
One piece of advice, apply for GCMS notes. That's the only way of knowing the specific reasons and comments the VO gave to refuse your application.

I know they take a long time to arrive but if you submit a new application, which will take at least 3 months to be processed, and its refused, you will only have wasted 3 months of your time and maybe then you will consider to apply for GCMS notes, and you'll have to wait another 3 months to receive them.

Good luck!

Reactions: anuragipushp

anuragipushp

Star Member
Dec 24, 2021
Category........
STUDY
Hope this time it helps.
Guessing and trying your luck may or may not work in your favor but what if, God forbid, you get refused again? And let's be honest, chances of that happening are pretty darn high when you have no clear idea of what exactly you should fix. I would still suggest ordering the GCMS notes. Rest is up to you. You do you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The issue is you just graduated in 2021 with an architecture degree so you have no work experience. The program doesn’t expand on your education nor builds on your career experience (because you have none).

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
Or
The course selection?
Or
Sop?

The same case in mine also, that too twice !!!

First applied in February for May intake in SDS. Got a rejection in April. So I deferred to Fall and applied again on May, again got rejection on 10th August with same reason. I'm a PhD student with GIC, Full scholarship and strong SOP. I really don't know what is there problem if they had been more specific about what they found wrong it would have been really helpful for us.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
The same case in mine also, that too twice !!!

First applied in February for May intake in SDS. Got a rejection in April. So I deferred to Fall and applied again on May, again got rejection on 10th August with same reason. I'm a PhD student with GIC, Full scholarship and strong SOP. I really don't know what is there problem if they had been more specific about what they found wrong it would have been really helpful for us.
Apply for GCMS notes, only way of knowing what went wrong.

Also, I saw recently in the forum a case of an applicant that had been rejected for a master or PDH (can't remember exactly), for which he had a full scholarship. He submitted via webform a reconsideration request and it was approved. You should look into it. Chances are you won't even receive a reply but I've heard of cases where it has worked!

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
Apply for GCMS notes, only way of knowing what went wrong.

Also, I saw recently in the forum a case of an applicant that had been rejected for a master or PDH (can't remember exactly), for which he had a full scholarship. He submitted via webform a reconsideration request and it was approved. You should look into it. Chances are you won't even receive a reply but I've heard of cases where it has worked!
That's new news to me. I will check it out. Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Or
The course selection?
Or
Sop?
Is this a masters or post grad. Construction mgt is a different field than architecture so it isn’t a logical progression.