+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The purpose of your visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details provided in your application.

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
What is your work and study background? What type of PhD and where? What is your citizenship? What were the reasons for refusal?
I have a B.Tech and M.Tech in Polymer Engineering. I am going to a PhD on Bio-based polymer composites at the School of Engineering, the University of Guelph ( The PhD name is PhD in Biological Engineering). I'm from India and the reason given for my rejection for the latest is ' The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application ', and for the first time rejection reason is 'I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit'.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a B.Tech and M.Tech in Polymer Engineering. I am going to a PhD on Bio-based polymer composites at the School of Engineering, the University of Guelph ( The PhD name is PhD in Biological Engineering). I'm from India and the reason given for my rejection for the latest is ' The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application ', and for the first time rejection reason is 'I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit'.
There is something else going on because it is usually quite easy to get approved to go to a PhD program. Without knowing your whole application it is difficult to say what is going on,

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
There is something else going on because it is usually quite easy to get approved to go to a PhD program. Without knowing your whole application it is difficult to say what is going on,
I have taken the GCMS notes for the first application. 'the applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies. your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans' was the main point in it.

Last edited:

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
I finished my Masters in 2020. Then I worked till February this year. For my first application in addition to the scholarship I showed a GIC of 10000 CAD but I did not show any other amount or source. For my second application, I gave GIC + Scholarship + affidavit from my Parents and some money in their bank account. But still rejected.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I finished my Masters in 2020. Then I worked till February this year. For my first application in addition to the scholarship I showed a GIC of 10000 CAD but I did not show any other amount or source. For my second application, I gave GIC + Scholarship + affidavit from my Parents and some money in their bank account. But still rejected.
Sorry I don’t know why you were rejected. Did you work in your field?

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
My consultant says to try one last time with some funds in my personal bank account.
Sorry I don’t know why you were rejected. Did you work in your field?
Same domain but different products. My consultant says to try one more time with reworked sop and some funds in my personal bank account.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I have taken the GCMS notes for the first application. 'the applicant has failed to satisfy me that pursuing the selected program of study is reasonable given the high cost of international study in canada when weighed against the potential career/employment benefits after completion, and the local options available for similar studies. your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, level of establishment, financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans' was the main point in it.
If I were you, I would approach the new SOP addressing each point from the GCMS notes:

• High cost of international study - Clarify that you have a fully funded scholarship so studying in Canada will be actually free of charge for you.
  • Potential career / employment benefits after completion - Show evidence of positions that you would be able to apply for once you have your PHD. Maybe send evidence of job postings or a letter from where you work saying they would pay you more. Be creative.
  • Local option for similar studies - Submit evidence that there is no program locally exactly like the one you are trying to pursue.
  • Qualifications / Previous studies - Explain as clear as possible how everything aligns, what's the progression of your experience and studies and how this program will allow you to achieve. Try to be specific and concise.
  • Level of establishment - Submit as much evidence as possible of every link you have to your home country (family, property, participation in companies, etc.). Again, be creative.
  • Financial ability - Show the funds in your own account, and show as much as possible. Also, say that the amount you are required to show, according to IRCC, is X amounts of CAD and you are submitting evidence of more. Cash in you own account.
  • Future prospects - What will you do after, how will this help you, why this degree is a must for your plans.

Be creative, concise and truthful. Good luck!

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
My consultant says to try one last time with some funds in my personal bank account.

Same domain but different products. My consultant says to try one more time with reworked sop and some funds in my personal bank account.
Let us know how it goes, My cash, saving and investments is almost 10x more than the total cost of studying in Canada (sch fees, rent, ticket and Cost of living combined) yet still refusal. I am from a country with higher GDP per capita than Canada too.

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
You have good level of education. what is your CRS score for express entry? If you have good CRS score you can try for express entry to get PR in order to get your Phd? After your studies you can dump the PR and return back to your home country. If you later decide you enjoy blistering cold weather and shoveling snow then you can carry on staying in canada.

• Wow
Reactions: Preshberry

Aman4578

Jul 20, 2022
You have good level of education. what is your CRS score for express entry? If you have good CRS score you can try for express entry to get PR in order to get your Phd? After your studies you can dump the PR and return back to your home country. If you later decide you enjoy blistering cold weather and shoveling snow then you can carry on staying in canada.
Hello, we had the same timeline, when did they start reviewing ur eligibility?

HS7

Jun 6, 2022
App. Filed.......
May 19, 2022
Med's Done....
June 6, 2022
Hello, we had the same timeline, when did they start reviewing ur eligibility?
Review of Eligibility happened on 12 Aug 2022 but only the day after I sent email/webform.

AK_Sid

Aug 4, 2022
Let us know how it goes, My cash, saving and investments is almost 10x more than the total cost of studying in Canada (sch fees, rent, ticket and Cost of living combined) yet still refusal. I am from a country with higher GDP per capita than Canada too.
As of now no updates yet. I will let you know if there is any update.