Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
I'm also a little bemused it took OP a year and a half to get all his documents. This seems insane.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
mtc1992 said:
It's 6 months from the point of AOR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp
"10. When does the six-month processing timeline begin and end?

The six months begins once we confirm that a person has submitted a complete application, including all documents such as police certificates, for permanent residence through the online system. It ends when we make a final decision."

It states you need language tests and ECA prior. It took me about 2 months to get everything together. If you compare 6 months to other countries such as Australia, it's much quicker. I don't think it's misleading.

I am not bashing EE - no argument that it is quicker, it's certainly a heck of a lot faster than when I went through it, it is a huge improvement. And I agree that the OP made mistakes. But I do think the PR (public relations) version of EE is misleading. That is all.

bassem.mf

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mtc1992 said:
I'm also a little bemused it took OP a year and a half to get all his documents. This seems insane.
IELTS test, collecting documents for credentials evaluation + ICAS 7 months + mail round trip. LMIA which required job ads for several months before you apply + 1 month LMIA application processing. Filling the Express Entry application + waiting for ITA. Waiting for US PCC 3.5 months + mail round trip + time to figure out how to record finger prints. Collecting all documents for the PR application and filling the form. It adds up.

I am not a full-time experienced Express Entry applicant, so I could not do the perfect parallelization.

mtc1992

Sep 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2017-01-31
AOR Received.
2017-01-31
Med's Done....
2017-02-25
I had everything except the us PCC and LMIA and I proactively ordered my PCC ECA and language tests 2 months before I was to submit. The longest part for me was being the pool. You need to be proactive with EE. Are you no longer pursuing Canada?

bassem.mf

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all the geniuses who are saying that I should have done an extensive research and I should have prepared a PHD in Express Entry before applying...

Well, I had a job opportunity in Canada. And Express Entry FSW was the program for employers who want to bring foreign workers. IRCC's website made me and my employer feel that this program is for us. I admit that I did not do an extensive research. But you normally get a general idea, then you start on the process and figure out the details as you go.

This is a program for employers who have a vacant position and want to fill it with a foreign worker (at least it used to be before they reduced the job offer points from 600 to 50). So we did not expect that it takes years from the time you start working on your application to the time you land in Canada. What kind of employer and what kind of position can stay vacant for that long?

You are right that we should have applied for a temporary work permit. But again, I was not experienced. And please do not try to say that it is very intuitive to apply for 2 visas for the same country at the same time.

Yes, lack of research made me use ICAS instead of WES. But I was not expecting such an unreasonable processing time. I sent them 3 papers only and I did not imagine that it will take them 7 months to process 3 papers. The processing time information was hidden very well on their website at the time. And I did credentials evaluation for the US before and it took only a couple of weeks. So I did not bother looking for their processing time because I did not expect it will be long.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
bassem.mf said:
This is a program for employers who have a vacant position and want to fill it with a foreign worker (at least it used to be before they reduced the job offer points from 600 to 50).
The Express Entry program is not (and was never) solely for employers who have vacant positions to fill with foreign workers....seems like you went into the process thinking you were guaranteed PR based on that. Which is not Canada Immigration's fault at all.

bassem.mf

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mgnlky said:
The Express Entry program is not (and was never) solely for employers who have vacant positions to fill with foreign workers....seems like you went into the process thinking you were guaranteed PR based on that. Which is not Canada Immigration's fault at all.
It is not solely for that. But this is the main purpose of it. There is a lot material on IRCC's website for employers to guide them on what they need to do to sponsor a foreign worker for a permanent residency.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Express Entry was not designed solely for employers to bring workers to fill open positions quickly. That's really what work permits are for. Express Entry is an immigration program where having a job offer in Canada gets you more points and increases your chances of obtaining PR.

OP - I do sympathize since you've been waiting a long time. I do however think that some minimal research would have pointed you to a work permit.

Good luck - hope things work out.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
bassem.mf said:
There is a lot material on IRCC's website for employers to guide them on what they need to do to sponsor a foreign worker for a permanent residency.
Perhaps your employer should have read it then....?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Its "express" because it used to be 12-18 months process. Now 6 months from application to being done is unheard of.

It is your responsibility to gather all documents and present to IRCC. Don't blame anyone for delays like that

Even if you have not cause any delays, IRCC still has no obligation to complete everything for you in 6 months. The service target is 80% case completed in 6 months and many reason that a file goes beyond that and of no fault of anyone or in anybody's control.

Btw, if you can't endure the immigration process, you probably need to think twice about living in Canada. It's not the haven where a job lands in front of you or the government feeds you for life. That's why an increasing number of immigrants went home after PR, they just can't make a living