+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The minimum of company information in the reference letter

leo512

Jun 1, 2019
Tokyo
Category........
Other
Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing good!
I’ve got this question to ask: what is the minimum of company information required to be included in the reference letter? The company where I’m working is only a small one. There is no company website and the email is a gmail. The reference letter I already have in hand doesn’t include the email. Would this become a problem? Or do I need to ask the company for a new reference letter which includes the email? Please do help and reply! Thank you all!

Vancouver0120

Feb 15, 2020
Hi leo512,
As long as there is a way to reach the company on the letter, say a phone number, that should be enough since they can always call and verify the information. They don't need to have a website or be a large firm.

leo512

Jun 1, 2019
Tokyo
Category........
Other
Hi leo512,
As long as there is a way to reach the company on the letter, say a phone number, that should be enough since they can always call and verify the information. They don't need to have a website or be a large firm.
Thank you for your reply.
Another question: Along with the reference letter, I'm planning to also submit my employment contract, pay stubs, bank clips and relieving letter. Are these enough or do I need to also submit the tax return?

Vancouver0120

Feb 15, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
Another question: Along with the reference letter, I'm planning to also submit my employment contract, pay stubs, bank clips and relieving letter. Are these enough or do I need to also submit the tax return?
Your employment contract and reference letter are sufficient. No need to provide bank slips. They can always check your pay when you submit your financial support documents. They also DO NOT ask for your tax returns, unless you have filed taxes in Canada.

leo512

Jun 1, 2019
Tokyo
Category........
Other
Your employment contract and reference letter are sufficient. No need to provide bank slips. They can always check your pay when you submit your financial support documents. They also DO NOT ask for your tax returns, unless you have filed taxes in Canada.
Thanks!What about tax return? cuz some people mention it'd be better to also submit tax return but some people say there's no need to do so. I'm quite confused now.

Vancouver0120

Feb 15, 2020
Thanks!What about tax return? cuz some people mention it'd be better to also submit tax return but some people say there's no need to do so. I'm quite confused now.
The only time that tax returns becomes important is if you are applying under CEC, and claiming Canadian work experience.

leo512

Jun 1, 2019
Tokyo
Category........
Other
The only time that tax returns becomes important is if you are applying under CEC, and claiming Canadian work experience.
I see! Thanks!
Is there a chance that they ask the applicant to submit additional materials as proof of work experience?