+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)

mike124

Sep 1, 2013
(The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)) If those people know every thing about our entry and departure time FROM CANADA

So why they are wasting our time to get our Citizenship

so they can do that easily and fast ??

if this is the main point to get your citizenship
so they can confirm our availability in the country for last 4 years

so why to wait this long time ???

mike124

Sep 1, 2013
so why they are not recording our Exit time also :eek:
so do you believe that they cant know our Exit time.

if some body lies on them ....How they can trace the information ? :-* :'(

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mike124 said:
if some body lies on them ....How they can trace the information ? :-* :'(
That's why RQ requires proof of activity in Canada-- work, school, visits to doctor, bills etc. Travel history only lays out premise and is not enough to prove physical presence.

mike124

Sep 1, 2013
so what is the use of card we fill when we return back to Canada :-\ :-[
is that help in any way ?? :-[

the deceleration card or custom one --is that help in any way ?
I cant remember what i wrote ?on it :-X :D
and how to get copy of that ? :D ;D

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could also have lied on the cards ;)

Immigration asks you to prove things if they have a doubt. They have access to your passport stamps from the copies you sent of your passport and they have access to the CBSA records but I believe they can also get a hold of US border records if they really want to and possibly some other countries too so you never know what they know or what they don't.

I agree it would be simpler though if there was a foolproof system to register all exits and entries. It would mean that people lose their PR faster when they haven't been in Canada but it would make PR renewal and citizenship faster for those who were.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
I agree it would be simpler though if there was a foolproof system to register all exits and entries. It would mean that people lose their PR faster when they haven't been in Canada but it would make PR renewal and citizenship faster for those who were.
I totally agree.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
You could also have lied on the cards ;)

Immigration asks you to prove things if they have a doubt. They have access to your passport stamps from the copies you sent of your passport and they have access to the CBSA records but I believe they can also get a hold of US border records if they really want to and possibly some other countries too so you never know what they know or what they don't.

Biggest challenge is volume of passenger traffic on land border crossings. If they implemented an US ESTA/VISIT type set up to include fingerprinting (due to multiple passports/fake document use) it would take several days to cross the border. No reason why they can't start of air side though...they can always push this onto the airlines with an arrival/departure record scheme since the airlines will simply pass the cost on in increased ticket prices. This from a tax payer is the best on the basis of 'he who uses pays!' There would still be a tax payer input though via a database that would have to be managed to prevent data loss and failure.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
It is not the mandate of the CBSA to help one obtain citizenship in Canada so that may help with understanding why, even if it might be simpler that the information is not just provided.

Bearing in mind that Canadian citizenship grants are a privilege accepting that the responsibility is on the individual seeking citizenship to provide all information necessary to determine whether the individual meets requirements to benefit from this might be a better way to look at the process than complaining about the lack of ease of the process.

In your particular circumstances you may be a completely honest individual seeking to provide all the information required. Unfortunately this has not been the case with many who have applied for and been granted citizenship in the past and now the process has become more closely examined than in the past because of those past individuals.

Indeed the CBSA has access to a great deal of information that they may be accessed by CIC to compare with answers given by applicants in order to determine the veracity of the answers provided.

Provided you provide all truthful answers having researched all of your records to the best of your ability and meet all other requirements the result will be worth the effort you have made; not just a piece of paper which it has been for many in the past.