Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi Sir, So I did the MP inquiry and now they told me that every thing is cleared including my husband's background check and he passed his medical as well...and they are going to do a final review....do you know how long you think they will take to send us the PPR request? It has already been almost 18 months....please reply ASAP please!!
It is just a matter of 1-3 weeks and you should have the PPR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Spoke to agent and She told me that my Background Verification hasn't start yet as they are waiting for 3rd party report and its beyond cic control.
Once they get it, they will start working on my Background check. Moreover, My employer got inspection last week in his business from ESDC. do you think this is the reason which makes my application get delayed?

Moreover, they did not start Eligibility nor Criminality. i thought all process are working simultaneously. Eligibility also being check while BG is running.
What do you mean by inspection from ESDC?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
What do you mean by inspection from ESDC?
Inspecting the compliance with section 209.3 and 209.4 of the IRPR and verifying the previous LMIA condition with employee details.

he applied a LMIA for his past employee and he got his PR status from that LMIA. this recent inspection is about that employee and whether employer compliance the conditions mentioned in LMIA or not.

Do you think this relate to my PR application?and this delay is because of this? My application is also LMIA based with approved Ontario Nomination. Got NOI in HCP-Job offer category.

and as per Call centre agent, they are waiting for 3rd party report to start my background check but my eligibility, criminality and security hasn't start yet as per recent GCMS notes. what this Background check? is it my file is in SS? So confuse about this.

Thank you in advance

GipNav

Star Member
May 21, 2018
@legalfalcon thanks a lot for your prompt reply....I just have a one quick question for you....do you think it's normal if we do MP inquiry after submitting the medical? I just wanted to check to see if my husband has passed his medical and his background check......my brother is stressing me out by saying that immigration delay the process if you do too many MP inquiries and no one does MP inquiry after immigration ask to re-do the medical.....plz reply ASAP and let me know if it's ok??? plzzz????

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thanks a lot for your prompt reply....I just have a one quick question for you....do you think it's normal if we do MP inquiry after submitting the medical? I just wanted to check to see if my husband has passed his medical and his background check......my brother is stressing me out by saying that immigration delay the process if you do too many MP inquiries and no one does MP inquiry after immigration ask to re-do the medical.....plz reply ASAP and let me know if it's ok??? plzzz????
An MP inquiry is not a right, rather it is a privilege given to the Member of Parliament to obtain your personal information from a federal agency.

Section 8 of the Privacy act states:

isclosure of personal information

• 8 (1) Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed by the institution except in accordance with this section.

Where personal information may be disclosed

(2) Subject to any other Act of Parliament, personal information under the control of a government institution may be disclosed
    (a) ...
  • (b) ...
  • (c) ...
  • (d) ...
  • (e) ...
  • (f) ...
  • (g) to a member of Parliament for the purpose of assisting the individual to whom the information relates in resolving a problem;

There is no bar on how many times you can ask. It all depends on whether your MP will do it for you if you have already done it in the past.

GipNav

Star Member
May 21, 2018
An MP inquiry is not a right, rather it is a privilege given to the Member of Parliament to obtain your personal information from a federal agency.

Section 8 of the Privacy act states:

isclosure of personal information

• 8 (1) Personal information under the control of a government institution shall not, without the consent of the individual to whom it relates, be disclosed by the institution except in accordance with this section.

Where personal information may be disclosed

(2) Subject to any other Act of Parliament, personal information under the control of a government institution may be disclosed
    (a) ...
  • (b) ...
  • (c) ...
  • (d) ...
  • (e) ...
  • (f) ...
  • (g) to a member of Parliament for the purpose of assisting the individual to whom the information relates in resolving a problem;

There is no bar on how many times you can ask. It all depends on whether your MP will do it for you if you have already done it in the past.
@legalfalcon Hi Sir, so it doesn't really matter how many time we do the MP inquiry, it is not going to impact the processing time? Do you think they get frustrated and delay the processing time in making the final decision just because someone is bothering them too much with MP inquiries? I hope that's not how immigration works, next week is a 3rd week, my husband passed his medical on Jan 31st. do you think we will hear back for PPR next week?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi Sir, so it doesn't really matter how many time we do the MP inquiry, it is not going to impact the processing time? Do you think they get frustrated and delay the processing time in making the final decision just because someone is bothering them too much with MP inquiries? I hope that's not how immigration works, next week is a 3rd week, my husband passed his medical on Jan 31st. do you think we will hear back for PPR next week?
NO and they can't be frustrated, its their job to respond.

GipNav

Star Member
May 21, 2018
NO and they can't be frustrated, its their job to respond.
@legalfalcon I honestly can't thank you enough for all the prompt replies, to me you are the best human being on this planet...thanks so much Sir, I appreciate your responses and help in this matter so much, so glad that I found this forum and I just hope to hear back from immigration for PPR request next week...thanks thanks thanks a lot I was stressing out too much with my MP inquiries. God bless!!

Perso

Jul 28, 2018
@legalfalcon Thank you for all your posts. My husband is the main applicant paper-based through MPNP. We just received our confirmation application is complete and now I have doubts about my travel history cuz I was former international cabin crew. Will this lead to more processing time to get our PR? I appreciate your advice.

NikolaiNuc

Feb 18, 2019
Hello!
@legalfalcon maybe you can help me. Can I get your expert review of my situation.
Russia, study permit (PhD) + OWP, Biometrics passed January 8, 2019, medical exam passed January 28 (me for study permit) and February 7 (my wife for OWP). We visited 6 countries, all European. Now we under security screening.
How long may it take? Because my study will start in early May, we want to come to Canada at least the month before.
Thank you!

GipNav

Star Member
May 21, 2018
@legalfalcon Hello Sir, so sorry if I am bothering you too much bt tommorow it's going to be 3 weeks after they received my husband's medical and we still haven't heard anything back from them yet.....his background, medical everything is cleared.....do you know how long more they would take?? plz let me know!!