Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Good Afternoon @legalfalcon
I finally got my CSIS notes thanks to GETGCMS.com
While the letter enclosed fails to disclose anything meaningful other than some extension request, notes show that some progress was reported in October.
Can you please check and confirm if CSIS reported to CBSA on 6th October 2017 about their checks completion ?
Screenshots attached and also my BG went to IP2 on 26th May 2017, under Security Screening since then.

Last edited:

umar127

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While the letter enclosed fails to disclose anything meaningful other than some extension request, notes show that some progress was reported in October.
Can you please check and confirm if CSIS reported to CBSA on 6th October 2017 about their checks completion ?
Screenshots attached and also my BG went to IP2 on 26th May 2017, under Security Screening since then.

According to information act, they have to provide u with the notes in 30 day but CSIS normally takes 60 days so i guess they are just letting you know here why I they did not send u notes in 30 days. I guess the first screen shot suggests that CSIS completed their part in October and now ur file is with CBSA

Reactions: alishanpwc

Wzafar89

Jan 18, 2016
@legalfalcon

What does a preliminary package of CSIS means??

In the above case CSIS have said they require additional 90 days to fufill the request however in the attached annexure it say advice and recommendation has been sent? Does it mean CSIS has completed their part?

And will they release the full package to the applicants after the 90 days time??

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

The package that was sent to you is the preliminary package through which the request to conduct security screening was sent to CSIS. Further, the FOSS check has bene initiated and the trust document pertains to that. This is the preliminary package, which is received from IRCC to conduct the security screening. If CSIS generates anything more, then they will send it, or alternatively, send the request to the agency which has the info.

Reactions: hemeda2

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear legalfalcon,

I have applied for work permit applicarion in aug 2017 and w8ing for reply after meds submitted in nov.

I came to know that if i get meds it means that my application will likely to get approved. Is that correct.
My question is

In 2010 i applied for canadian pr filed my application and got file number from cic. Then due to some reason i withdraw my application, i didnt it was mentioned in my current applications about past application.

I havent kept any record or number for the past application

Will this affect my current wp application.

Pls help me

Cheers
Any progress is a good sign, but just a request for medical has little significance.

Your prior application was withdrawn, and not refused, so it will have no impact on the processing of your application.

alishanpwc

Star Member
Dec 24, 2015
Lahore
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
The package that was sent to you is the preliminary package through which the request to conduct security screening was sent to CSIS. Further, the FOSS check has bene initiated and the trust document pertains to that. This is the preliminary package, which is received from IRCC to conduct the security screening. If CSIS generates anything more, then they will send it, or alternatively, send the request to the agency which has the info.
that means CSIS is not done yet ?

smartino

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
HI.

Can u please guide me:

What indication is there in GCMS notes about verification of a certain documents?

Or we can not see which documents they may verify?

Thanks for the anticipation.

harrys147

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
HI legalfalcon,

I am currently in US. so far i know is after getting PPR we have to send passport to Ottawa. i wonder if i can send passport to local Visa Application Center(VAC) instead of that. if yes, than do i need to request cic for that? or i can simply walk in to VAC and give them?

thank you in advance

smartino

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi All!

Please check my notes and correspondence details and guide me.

REVIEW TYPE: Case Processing Agent APPLICATION:EXXXXXXXXX REGULATION: PNP, 000-00-00. I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following: A11.2 APPEAR MET Ready to Finalize PNP Triage: Refer to IR _________________CIVIL STATUS: NO CONCERNS PA (XXXXXXXXX) PNP NOMINATION: Province of Nomination: XXX PNC # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Nomination Validity: Original. Case Type: Economic Case: Proof of Funds on file : Yes - Fund $ : NOT VERIFIED........................................................ INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): PA (XXXXXXXX) NO TRACE IN GCMS/FOSS OTHER THAN PRESENT application .................................... A11.2 CRS ASSESSMENT: APPEAR MET PROVINCIAL NOMINATION - Verified by CIO..................... WORK EXPERIENCE: the duties listed in the letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC code selected. the letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code selected. The letter of reference appears to demonstrate that the PA met the minimum requirements of 12 months of work experience: PA meets education requirements. Note: PA AWARDED POINTS FOR MASTER/1ST PROFESSIONAL DEGREE.

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION # XXXXXX REGULATION: PNP
I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following: ................. Principal Applicant Promoted. New UCI: Yes. Client Fees: Verified.. Languages ... Principal Applicant 1-English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified........ EDUCATION..... primary applicant........ 1- ECA report verified on issuing agency website, foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as..............NRT R 10 Ok Recommendation: Pass Criminality .......... Age........ applicant's age reviewed and no change from ITA to eAPR.

Communication

Outgoing 1: Application Transferred

Outgoing 2: FQR Message (I do not know what it is)

Outgoing 3: Acknowledgement of Receipt

Outgoing 4: Invitation to Apply

Outgoing 5: Invitation to Apply

Outgoing 6: Invitation to Apply

Outgoing 7: Provincial Nomination

Outgoing 8: Welcome to Express Entry

Outgoing 9: Express Entry Profile Received

Incoming 1: ATIP Request (my first GCMS Notes request I believe)

Incoming 2: Kit, Application Forms

Incoming 3: Schedule 4 – Provincial Nominee

Incoming 4: Medical (Status Checked)

Incoming 5: Employment Records (Status Assessed)

Incoming 6: Passport/Travel Documents (Status Checked)

Incoming 7: Police Certificate (Status Review Required) (I believe that only Officer can review and analysts and assistants may not have jurisdiction)

Incoming 8: Client Information (Status Review Required)

Incoming 9: Passport Photos (Status Checked )

Incoming 10: National ID (Status Checked )

Incoming 11: Education documents/Diplomas (Status Assessed)

Incoming 12: Proof of Funds (Status Review Required) (I believe that only Officer can review and analysts and assistants may not have jurisdiction)

Darko986

Star Member
May 24, 2016
Macedonia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Nomination.....
27-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2017
HI legalfalcon,

I am currently in US. so far i know is after getting PPR we have to send passport to Ottawa. i wonder if i can send passport to local Visa Application Center(VAC) instead of that. if yes, than do i need to request cic for that? or i can simply walk in to VAC and give them?

thank you in advance
Bestb wayb is to send the passport through VAC. So print the first page of the PPR letter and simple walk in. They will take care.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
HI legalfalcon,

thank you in advance
This is one of my old posts, but answers your questions:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-passport-to-cic-ottawa-by-indian-citizens-residing-in-the-usa.399633/#post-4997549

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
HI.

Can u please guide me:

What indication is there in GCMS notes about verification of a certain documents?

Or we can not see which documents they may verify?

Thanks for the anticipation.
If you see the last few pages of your GCMS notes, you will see the notes from the officer, which will have details of what all documents have they evaluated.

xibalban

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Sikkim
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-05-2018
CSIS is tasked with conducting security clearance for all applicants in addition the police clearances certificates furnished by the applicants, for all applicants between the ages of 18 and 65 years. A culmination of what these agencies do determines admissibility based on medical, criminality, security etc.

...unlike FSW, CEC and other application where IRCC has to review every detail to ensure that the applicant meets the program requirement. This is another reason why PNP applications usually tend to be processed faster.
I disagree there with our esteemed friend @legalfalcon when he writes that PNP applications tend to be processed faster. In truth, if PNP applicants compare their processing times with FSW applicants, it is clear that justice is denied; at least, that's the case in recent trends.

Now, also consider the following fact, often reiterated here:
"The 6 months processing clock starts when the R10 is passed or the completeness check is passed."

Take a look at the following snapshot from www.myimmitracker.com (click to zoom the picture at the end of this post). It's surprising (may I say, bizarre) to discover that many FSW applicants have received PPR in less than 20 days. So, how long did the Eligibility Assessment take? And what about the criminality and security clearances? How long did that take (ignoring the Medicals, of course)?

The only explanation that I find befitting is, IRCC completely skips the Security of these applicants, but why?

Or, perhaps these timeline entries are simply bogus (from trolls or spammers), which I don't think they are. I lay here awaiting some sensible explanation, in utter disbelief.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I disagree there with our esteemed friend @legalfalcon when he writes that PNP applications tend to be processed faster. In truth, if PNP applicants compare their processing times with FSW applicants, it is clear that justice is denied; at least, that's the case in recent trends.

Now, also consider the following fact, often reiterated here:
"The 6 months processing clock starts when the R10 is passed or the completeness check is passed."

Take a look at the following snapshot from www.myimmitracker.com (click to zoom the picture at the end of this post). It's surprising (may I say, bizarre) to discover that many FSW applicants have received PPR in less than 20 days. So, how long did the Eligibility Assessment take? And what about the criminality and security clearances? How long did that take (ignoring the Medicals, of course)?

The only explanation that I find befitting is, IRCC completely skips the Security of these applicants, but why?

Or, perhaps these timeline entries are simply bogus (from trolls or spammers), which I don't think they are. I lay here awaiting some sensible explanation, in utter disbelief.

You can disagree as much as you want. However, the post was written in June 2017. That is whenPNP were processed faster than FSW. You can go back and verify the data during that time.

Further, the fact that you say is being reiterated, is not fact but law and is available at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

It clearly states:

Applications are assessed for completeness up front. An application found to be incomplete should be rejected as per section 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, and all fees associated with the application should be refunded to the applicant.

The Express Entry six-month processing standard begins when an application is assessed as complete and is promoted in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). It ends when Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes a final decision on the application.

The above two paragraphs simple translate to "The 6 months processing clock starts when the R10 is passed or the completeness check is passed," unless you have a different way of reading it. I did not make it up from thin air.

Now coming to MyImmitracker screenshot. It is a self reporting tool, and cannot be verified. Some applications are processed faster, much faster and within 30 days. This is true. But these are exceptions, not the norm. Security, Eligibility, criminality are mandatory and cannot be skipped.

If you would like to think otherwise, or have a different theory, you are free to believe that, but I only cite laws and the procedures publicly available.

Reactions: Mzub