AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
IRCC does that. The same is happening to my husband's case. They seem they want ot take 3-4 months after security is passed. The minister office takes 2 months to reply :(
More likely your husband's security is still ongoing because should be very quick if they received the security. Probably ordering a note is the best option to confirm that.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
More likely your husband's security is still ongoing because should be very quick if they received the security. Probably ordering a note is the best option to confirm that.
"The security activity for this file has now been passed." this is from VO.

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Dear All, My FSW application has already passed the 6-month processing time, and everything has passed except for the background check. It has started on Sept 1, and still ongoing. I would like to check with some experts on this forum about the typical duration for someone with a mandatory military service background (e.g. males from Turkey or South Korea) to go through the background check. Could you please advise. Feeling really stuck now.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Dear All, My FSW application has already passed the 6-month processing time, and everything has passed except for the background check. It has started on Sept 1, and still ongoing. I would like to check with some experts on this forum about the typical duration for someone with a mandatory military service background (e.g. males from Turkey or South Korea) to go through the background check. Could you please advise. Feeling really stuck now.
Right now it's a very long delay. If they sent your file for security screening, at least 8 months. I don't have any military service and have lived in Canada for 6 years but my background check has been in process since March (8 months) and I don't think that I will get anything by end of the year.

Reactions: strength2

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Right now it's a very long delay. If they sent your file for security screening, at least 8 months. I don't have any military service and have lived in Canada for 6 years but my background check has been in process since March (8 months) and I don't think that I will get anything by end of the year.
Do you know the reason for your detailed background check? HOw can one tell from the notes if it is ss?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Do you know the reason for your detailed background check? HOw can one tell from the notes if it is ss?
It should be random but it's not. Nationality and level of education is the most important factor. For example usually Iranian with graduate university degrees are sent for a comprehensive background check. Check you GCMS note activity section and if you see security screening under your sub-activities means that you are one of those unlucky people. Before 2015, this process was around 3-6 months but seems that liberals plan to bring refugees affect the efficiency of CBSA and I know many people who are waiting for security screening since 14 months ago without any response.

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
It should be random but it's not. Nationality and level of education is the most important factor. For example usually Iranian with graduate university degrees are sent for a comprehensive background check. Check you GCMS note activity section and if you see security screening under your sub-activities means that you are one of those unlucky people. Before 2015, this process was around 3-6 months but seems that liberals plan to bring refugees affect the efficiency of CBSA and I know many people who are waiting for security screening since 14 months ago without any response.
Thank you for the input. Could you please advise where to look ss under the sub-activites? Does it show explicitly the words "security screening"?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Thank you for the input. Could you please advise where to look ss under the sub-activites? Does it show explicitly the words "security screening"?
Yes should be your first activity and you will see security screening but it's possible that they haven't started the process yet.

Reactions: dream2017

dream2017

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Yes should be your first activity and you will see security screening but it's possible that they haven't started the process yet.
I checked the recent notes, and I did not see these words. Hopefully, I am not in this category. Today I got a response from the visa office saying that "my file is under background check". Does this indicate anything?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I checked the recent notes, and I did not see these words. Hopefully, I am not in this category. Today I got a response from the visa office saying that "my file is under background check". Does this indicate anything?
background check means security screening

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@dream2017 Military service by itself is not an issue in background check. It is rather the nature of the military service that is the issue. Most applicants who have had a military service have no problems. However, if an applicant has been trained in advanced chemical warfare, intelligence, etc then that will lead to a more extensive background check, but will depend on which country it was in.