+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

myousefi

Oct 9, 2017
When did you receive your AOR?
Anything within 6 months is normal.
Passed that is worth worrying; but not before.
My AOR is 18th April. Last GCMS showed that medical , eligibility and criminality are passed. But from mid of August nothing happened due to security check. I ordered the third note to figure out what is going on but now 40 days passed and I received no note :( I am very worry :(

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
My AOR is 18th April. Last GCMS showed that medical , eligibility and criminality are passed. But from mid of August nothing happened due to security check. I ordered the third note to figure out what is going on but now 40 days passed and I received no note :( I am very worry :(
Relax a bit. You are concerned way too much than you should be.

Try to keep this in mind; no matter how many notes you order, it will not speed up anything. It will take as long as CIC wishes to spend on it; no matter what!

Now that you know it is stuck at security check (which is time-consuming!), you should add up another month or two to your 6 months timeframe.

I am sitting on a 25th April AOR.
CIC said my file is at the LVO. Will contact that VO passed 6 months.

Reactions: strength2

myousefi

Oct 9, 2017
Relax a bit. You are concerned way too much than you should be.

Try to keep this in mind; no matter how many notes you order, it will not speed up anything. It will take as long as CIC wishes to spend on it; no matter what!

Now that you know it is stuck at security check (which is time-consuming!), you should add up another month or two to your 6 months timeframe.

I am sitting on a 25th April AOR.
CIC said my file is at the LVO. Will contact that VO passed 6 months.
Thank you for your advice, I will try to be more patient :)

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Today I hit 365th day after my AOR!!!

One year! A whole year! Still waiting.
2 x 6 months!
Double as much as foreseen according Express Entry system. Two times EE 6 months!
Security Screening has been continuing since 25 January 2017 (8,5 months!) although CSIS SS was completed on 24 April (6 months ago!).
I am an inland applicant. Provincial nominee.
Both I and my wife are academics and work at university. We have two kids.
This experience is devastating and embarrassing.
IRCC does not communicate with us - I even do not know what is being done right now and where my file is.

JackT

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Guys need help !!
Aor :-Feb 01 2017
Cec applicant

Got 2 gcms notes. But there is no progress since April month.
Medical and criminality both passed but the eligibility is recommended passed by case analyst. And security not started.
It is in Ottawa right now. I don't know why it's taking too long to pass my eligibility??

I sent cse as well emailed them but every time they says my application is in process.

Any suggestions guys ???

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Some news! I got my notes this week. There were 6 ss activities as per previous few notes. This time my file location changed to cio meds in mid Sept. My medical was expired in Aug.

I was wondering if it means my ss is finally complete and now they sent the file to medical department to either extend the medical or request for remedical? Or are they just dealing with the expired medical regardless of the status of the ss? Can they change the file location from PS-SEC-PEND to CIO-MEDS if the former is not complete?

I'm Nov 2015 inland pnp paperbased applicant. Ss started in Jan 2017. Csis completed ss in mid May. Haven't left the country for over 8 years now.

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Hi legalfalcon,
I am planning to enquire abt my security status with CSIS. I am not under security screening, but call center agent on call told me that my bcg verification ( security) is still on going. Eligibility on recent notes ws reccomend passed ( since 27april) and security was not started( hs never bn updated under admissibilty since 8 april). Can our security be started without hvng review of an final officer? Aor is12 feb. Is normal security( nt ss) also conductrd by CSIS? Which shld i opt frst cSIs or CBSA?

Last edited:

cdasoon

Jul 4, 2017
Yes I received GCMS notes. I am outland applicant and I submitted Police clearance from Pakistan and they asked to submit a police clearance from Saudi Arabia also, I submitted it also.
Hi, how did you get Police Clearance for Saudi Arabia? Are you still in Saudi?

BioMed17

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Visa Office......
ADVO
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
20-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2018
LANDED..........
14-04-2018
Hi, how did you get Police Clearance for Saudi Arabia? Are you still in Saudi?
yes I am in KSA right now, first get a request letter for police clearance from Canadian embassy abu dhabi, then go to chamber of commerce in your city, after chamber go to adilla janaiya (police clearance department in arabic).

FFSW-PNP

Jan 4, 2017
Hi LegalFalcon ,

My EE PNP application was transferred to Bucharest VO since July 11, my app is now 8 1/2 months, I am at "NA" background since mid-April.
My GCMS notes "does not" show any "Security Screening" started or "In Progress" BUT I have in my online account since 4 months: "We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details." no message is available to define the nature of the requested document.
My GCMS notes show that everything is fine, medical & criminality passed, eligibility: appear to meet the requirements. no trace for security..
Am i still candidate for security screening to be ignited by local VO after 8 1/2 period now gone?

Thanks a lot

solimane

Oct 20, 2013
Hi legalfalcon,

I’m a paper based Outland PNP applicant in Abo Dhabi visa office, my file has now passed 26 months. My status is eligibility and medical passed, criminality and security not started while PCC shows NRT as per the latest GCMS note.

I have never been on SS as per many GCMS note, and also the due date was August 23

My question: is it still possible that my file move to SS after all that time specially I received medical request 7 months ago? Or the delay is just due to many applications at the VO

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
CBSA has to be worst organization in Canada. I had sent an ATIP request to get my security screening notes, they took a month and gave me my traveller's history. I contacted them and asked them to correct their mistake and they said it'll be new request which will take additional month. Now the second month has passed and they sent letter saying we need additional month to process this request.

Three freaking months (potentially more) to process Access to Information request :mad::mad:

No wonder our security screening is taking ages. At this rate our grandchildren will be applying for driver's licence by the time CBSA completes security screening. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: Lupus

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
CBSA has to be worst organization in Canada. I had sent an ATIP request to get my security screening notes, they took a month and gave me my traveller's history. I contacted them and asked them to correct their mistake and they said it'll be new request which will take additional month. Now the second month has passed and they sent letter saying we need additional month to process this request.

Three freaking months (potentially more) to process Access to Information request :mad::mad:

No wonder our security screening is taking ages. At this rate our grandchildren will be applying for driver's licence by the time CBSA completes security screening. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I applied for atip notes from cbsa in June. But I have not received it yet despite several follow ups via the team lead and the officer responsible for it.