Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-11-2017
No, records check and security are two entirely different things.
Thanks for the quick reply. Woah I guess patience is the key word in this process. At least it's essentially the last stage

Flying_Bird

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Not sure in what context you are asking, but in general immigration parlance it means the that person in question voluntarily departures from the country.
When the applicant decides to leave after waiting for a long time with no progress on the processing of their application. Basically our situation.

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Yes you can. They are separate procedures and the security screening may not have any impact on your work visa application
thanks for replay. So if I get a work visa it would be a normal work visa (I mean multiple entry) or special that force me to stay in Canada until my PPR is resolved?

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
Hi
i saw that you can request note from CSIS online same as GCMS howevere why some posts say you can only do that by Mail or Fax !!!
is this old information ? using online tool how did they replied you ? and how long it took them to answer you
Hello, I used both options. I mailed them a letter asking for more information and also filled in the online request.

The results were:

Mailed request:
Letter mailed to my provided mailing address stating on what date they received my application and on what date they finished processing.

Online request:

Package to my provided mailing address containing a CD. The CD just had one document in it. It was a two page "classified" screening request information form with CSIS and CBSA internal tracking numbers, priority information and application received and completed dates. There was a section of "Recommendation/Advice" with sub fields of "Recommendation", "Valid to", "Completed by" etc etc. Which may have been very valuable but it was all redacted. :/

Oh also, the confidential document had a field which said "CTC required" and next to it said "N" which I can infer stands for No. I did a little bit of digging online and found that CTC stands for counter-terrorism check. So that's a plus :)

Online request took less than a month for them to respond and for me to receive the package. Mailed request, I received response in about 6 weeks.

Last edited:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Yes, it shows in process since February 2017
Then you are in SS. Make a clear enquiry about yourself to make it clear it is for you not your wife.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then you are in SS. Make a clear enquiry about yourself to make it clear it is for you not your wife.
Thank for your reply strength2. According to my GCMS notes, I am not in security screening. My security is passed (call center agents confirmed) but my file is under review and additional background verifications are being done. It that also considered as security screening?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Thank for your reply strength2. According to my GCMS notes, I am not in security screening. My security is passed (call center agents confirmed) but my file is under review and additional background verifications are being done. It that also considered as security screening?
I think background check is either security or criminality. Can you please send me the screen shot of the gcms?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thanks for replay. So if I get a work visa it would be a normal work visa (I mean multiple entry) or special that force me to stay in Canada until my PPR is resolved?
Work visa by nature is multiple entry. The duration of the vis will depend on the offer and other the nature of your application.

Reactions: rxyz

myousefi

Oct 9, 2017
what number are calling to speak with the agent?

myousefi

Oct 9, 2017
Hi Guys,
I ordered my third GCMS for third time on 29th August, but still I received nothin. I send them an email but again there was no feedback. What is your suggestion? do you think there is any problem with my file?

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi Guys,
I ordered my third GCMS for third time on 29th August, but still I received nothin. I send them an email but again there was no feedback. What is your suggestion? do you think there is any problem with my file?
When did you receive your AOR?
Anything within 6 months is normal.
Passed that is worth worrying; but not before.