+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

Vampireghost

Jun 14, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

Thanks a lot for all the information and guidance you provided on this thread. i would really appreciate if you could help me out understanding the following.
I'm Nov 2 AOR, EE PNP applicant. BG in progress since May 4. Visa Office replied CSE that additional background checks were required on my file , don't have any idea what these additional background checks are. just have travel history to Malaysia and USA. Now ordered GCMS notes, hopefully situation would be more clearer once i receive notes.
Do you have any idea about this additional background check ???

Last edited:

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
I got this email 3 days ago:

With regard to your request for a status update, the processing of your file is following its due course. Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. No action or document is needed from you at this present time and while we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion. Our office will contact you regarding the next steps in your file in due time.

Has anyone received this message but still being in SS? Because I called Ottawa the same day and the agent told me SS in still in process

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016

With regard to your request for a status update, the processing of your file is following its due course. Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. No action or document is needed from you at this present time and while we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion. Our office will contact you regarding the next steps in your file in due time.

Has anyone received this message but still being in SS? Because I called Ottawa the same day and the agent told me SS in still in process
This is their standard response, I have been getting this response for the last four months.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

Thanks a lot for all the information and guidance you provided on this thread. i would really appreciate if you could help me out understanding the following.
I'm Nov 2 AOR, EE PNP applicant. BG in progress since May 4. Visa Office replied CSE that additional background checks were required on my file , don't have any idea what these additional background checks are. just have travel history to Malaysia and USA. Now ordered GCMS notes, hopefully situation would be more clearer once i receive notes.
Do you have any idea about this additional background check ???
When IRCC refers to additional BGC they are usually referring to some information which has been sought from another agency (domestic or international). Nothing much to be concerned about.

Reactions: Vampireghost

IamLaragbemi

Jan 9, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Hello Legalfalcon,

Thanks a lot for all the information and guidance you provided on this thread.
The Review of additional documents field on my status has changed once again to "'The additional documents you provided are being reviewed"'. It was formerly " No additional documents required"'. I really hope this means that an officer is reviewing my application at the moment. ( i wasn't asked to submit additional documents). Please clarify

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
This is their standard response, I have been getting this response for the last four months.
And they always respond your case is a queue for review?

Sugar2016

Jul 21, 2016

Have you noticed any changes in your recent GCMS notes?

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
I received a generic one three days ago which said that myvapp need additional verifications. I am on sec. screening. seems likely that you are either over with security or you were never on security screening.

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
I received a generic one three days ago which said that myvapp need additional verifications. I am on sec. screening. seems likely that you are either over with security or you were never on security screening.
I was on SS for sure. My notes indicate that.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
I was on SS for sure. My notes indicate that.
me too on ss. I got a completely different (but very common) reply 3days ago that my "file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum."

so it might be that you are done with ss and your file is waiting for the final review by that officer.
at the very least your mail seems to be less depressing than mine. so be hopefull!

conroex3800

Nov 9, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07 Jan 2017
me too on ss. I got a completely different (but very common) reply 3days ago that my "file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.

Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.

We appreciate your patience and ask that you keep correspondence with our office to a minimum."

so it might be that you are done with ss and your file is waiting for the final review by that officer.
at the very least your mail seems to be less depressing than mine. so be hopefull!
I got exactly the same reply as you did several times before.
I hope the new reply means something, but it also can be just wrong button pressed by the agent.