+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

rivertosouth

Star Member
May 21, 2018
My application is submitted in a different program from yours, so what applies to mine does not necessarily apply to yours,
however I am in ss and I passed my criminality since february and saw it in my April GCMS notes. Last monday I receive my CSIS ATIP and csis finished their part and sent a recommendation to CBSA since september. I wonder if the agent did not misinform me. Maybe she confused "background checks two parts" criminality and security and "security screening two parts" csis and cbsa... In this case she must have seen thas csis is over.
I have ordered my CSIS too, and will receive it in the end of next month. Hopefully there will be some good news. Have you ordered CBSA notes? How many activities do you have under SS?

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
I have ordered my CSIS too, and will receive it in the end of next month. Hopefully there will be some good news. Have you ordered CBSA notes? How many activities do you have under SS?

Got my last CBSA note on july and was 4 SS activity + 1 security. I order another one this week.

Activity 1: SS IP by CBSA
Activity 2: Criminality passed
Activity 3: SS receive by CBSA
Activity 4: SS submit
Activity 5: SS not Started
Activity 6: Security in progress

Reactions: keroppi

rivertosouth

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Got my last CBSA note on july and was 4 SS activity + 1 security. I order another one this week.

My SS activities are exactly the same with you, but my criminality passed before these SS activities.

OnOn

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi. Is Activity 1 the newest one and Activity 6 the oldest one?

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
My SS activities are exactly the same with you, but my criminality passed before these SS activities.
I don't know why it's in this order, because on Admissibilities I can see that criminality passed the same day they submit it to RCMP on january, but ircc update it on february after they submit security and SS that why it seems criminality passed later. Activity 3-6 all made the same day in my case then activity 2 one day later and activity 1 one week later.

rivertosouth

Star Member
May 21, 2018
I don't know why it's in this order, because on Admissibilities I can see that criminality passed the same day they submit it to RCMP on january, but ircc update it on february after they submit security and SS that why it seems criminality passed later. Activity 3-6 all made the same day in my case then activity 2 one day later and activity 1 one week later.
Wait, you can see the dates? I cannot see them in my CBSA notes. I think my criminality passed when they received all of my PCC, which is stated in Note 3 in my notes.It says criminality decision passed. Maybe I need to wait for another pass for my criminality. This whole process seems really confusing.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Wait, you can see the dates? I cannot see them in my CBSA notes. I think my criminality passed when they received all of my PCC, which is stated in Note 3 in my notes.It says criminality decision passed. Maybe I need to wait for another pass for my criminality. This whole process seems really confusing.

Since I never lived in another country since my 18 I didn't need PCC, maybe it's why my crriminality is different from yours, they only check with rcmp.
and yes I can see dates in my cbsa atip I asked them under privacy act, I even got a screenshot of my screening process (it's not really informative tho) did you pass criminalit under activity and admisibilities?

rivertosouth

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Since I never lived in another country since my 18 I didn't need PCC, maybe it's why my crriminality is different from yours, they only check with rcmp.
and yes I can see dates in my cbsa atip I asked them under privacy act, I even got a screenshot of my screening process (it's not really informative tho) did you pass criminalit under activity and admisibilities?
Yes, both my husband and I passed criminality under activity and admisibilities.

Reactions: TheWaitingGamer

qweasd123

Nov 19, 2017
My application is submitted in a different program from yours, so what applies to mine does not necessarily apply to yours,
however I am in ss and I passed my criminality since february and saw it in my April GCMS notes. Last monday I receive my CSIS ATIP and csis finished their part and sent a recommendation to CBSA since september. I wonder if the agent did not misinform me. Maybe she confused "background checks two parts" criminality and security and "security screening two parts" csis and cbsa... In this case she must have seen thas csis is over.
You said CSIS finished their part on September , can you tell me when your CSIS start processing your application ?
it say on CSIS notes

Last edited:

jessica900

Jul 5, 2017
Ontario
Category........
App. Filed.......
08-02-2017
Nomination.....
OINP
AOR Received.
25-03-2017
Med's Request
01-03-2018/ 12-03-2018
Med's Done....
26-03-2018
Passport Req..
WAITING!

Do they send my email or snail mail? Did you order notes from CSIS? Were they helpful. Mines werent!

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
You said CSIS finished their part on September , can you tell me when your CSIS start processing your application ?
it say on CSIS notes
IRCC submit SS request to CBSA on 07th February and CBSA forwarded it to CSIS the same day, then CSIS start on 09 February.

TheWaitingGamer

Star Member
Mar 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Doc's Request.
01-2018 Schedule A
AOR Received.
AIP 07-2017
Med's Request
01-2018
Med's Done....
01-2018
Passport Req..
06-2018
Do they send my email or snail mail? Did you order notes from CSIS? Were they helpful. Mines werent!
CBSA sent snail mail, it's a CD with a similar notes to IRCC gcms notes but screening infos are not retracted. My first CSIS notes was useless, no single date was mention, just got 1 page on snail mail saying that my SS is in process that's it!