+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

Carly44

May 28, 2017
@legalfalcon

Iam at final stages of PR App. CEC stream. I just spoke to someone at cic call centre & everything including mt elligabilty has been passed, however, he told me that my security/BG check hasnt started yet & to manage my expectations it could be March 2018 :( any idea how long it generally takes??,

Reactions: smile17

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
My last notes are dated 8th September and they have 4 SS activities and 1 security activity. My previous notes are dated 22nd July and they had 3 SS activities and 1 security activity. CSIS completed my processing on 24th July. So my theory was that the only difference between the 22nd July and the 8th Sept notes was that IRCC was informed by CSIS that they have completed their processing and forwarded to CBSA. (On CSIS notes it said client is CBSA and not IRCC)
Based on my experience they do not update SS activity for CSIS on the notes. If you see additional SS activity, I think CBSA has responded back with your security results and your security is done.

Carly44

May 28, 2017
@legalfalcon

Iam at final stages of PR App. CEC stream. I just spoke to someone at cic call centre & everything including mt elligabilty has been passed, however, he told me that my security/BG check hasnt started yet & to manage my expectations it could be March 2018 :( any idea how long it generally takes??,
Further to this. Just abit of bg on my application

My application got rejected early on due to wrong PCC issued to me, however, i got the application reopened. I ordered 2 sets GCMS & it says Security: Cancelled, so im assuming they started it but cause they rejected it, it got cancelled & they havent started it again?! Im so confused, my BG check is NA on my account. They requested ADR 2 weeks ago & its been uploaded ready for review and the agent said my elligabilty, Criminality have all been passed they just have to do Security checks which could take months

If anyone can shed some light id appreciate it....

FFSW-PNP

Jan 4, 2017
Hello Legal Falcon,
I used to have a white blank page in my former GCMS notes in the "Associations" area , but in the new one the data is visible:

"organizations and entities" :

EE PNP triaged to IR
Tracking Overseas EE PNP cases sent to IR
Reason: Bucharest
Effective date: 2017/06/15

is this related to security screening?
note that the date is prior to the date of transfer to Bucharest VO.

Last edited:

Guy293

Star Member
Jan 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
20-04-2017
I'm a little confused and would love some help.
my BG status is "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information", I was IP1 in June 20, then NA since September 9, and now again that text, I think this means I'm IP2, does that mean I've passed the security screening?

and another thing, at what point do they check for the Police Certificates?

Thanks

Last edited:

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
my BG status is "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information", I was IP1 in June 20, then NA since September 9, and now again that text, I think this means I'm IP2, does that mean I've passed the security screening?

Thanks
Typically it means u passed eligibility. Police certificates were already checked at ip1. Order gcms notes to make sure but that's the norm.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Further to this. Just abit of bg on my application

My application got rejected early on due to wrong PCC issued to me, however, i got the application reopened. I ordered 2 sets GCMS & it says Security: Cancelled, so im assuming they started it but cause they rejected it, it got cancelled & they havent started it again?! Im so confused, my BG check is NA on my account. They requested ADR 2 weeks ago & its been uploaded ready for review and the agent said my elligabilty, Criminality have all been passed they just have to do Security checks which could take months

If anyone can shed some light id appreciate it....
What is your AoR?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Thanks

The MyCIC status is irrelevant as it does not exactly show what stage you are at. All application go through the following:

R10
Criminality
Eligibility
Medicals
Security

During the criminality they check the PCCs only.

To read more on each stage see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
My last notes are dated 8th September and they have 4 SS activities and 1 security activity. My previous notes are dated 22nd July and they had 3 SS activities and 1 security activity. CSIS completed my processing on 24th July. So my theory was that the only difference between the 22nd July and the 8th Sept notes was that IRCC was informed by CSIS that they have completed their processing and forwarded to CBSA. (On CSIS notes it said client is CBSA and not IRCC)
I agree with you. I think you are close bro! Let's see. And thank you for sharing this with us.

A.Syed1

Apr 21, 2016
I agree with you. I think you are close bro! Let's see. And thank you for sharing this with us.
I hope we all get through this as soon as possible. I've been through alot of mental stress due to this PR process. I'm sure its the same for you and others stuck in it as well.

spike2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
hi @legalfalcon
I submitted my application & received AOR. however yesterday I got an email saying your account is updated.. in d account it says your action is required but there is no msg til now more than 24 hrs... I got UCI no. & also background status says in progress...

what should I do now plz advice...

many thanks..

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon
I submitted my application & received AOR. however yesterday I got an email saying your account is updated.. in d account it says your action is required but there is no msg til now more than 24 hrs... I got UCI no. & also background status says in progress...

what should I do now plz advice...

many thanks..
This is normal, sometimes there is an update and it may take unto 24-48 hours to see something. On occasions there may be nothing at all and your application may have been updated, but no status message sent. No need to worry about it yet. Just watch your account.