The anatomy of a Background Check? - <<<<<<IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS>>>>>>>

vienvy

Feb 4, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,

I’m new to this group, but not new to the process :)

Below are my details:
Category: FSW
AOR: 19 August 2018
Medicals: Passed on 11 Sep
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security Screening: I believe this is in process right now as I can see S15 code on my GCMS notes, with 12 activities mentioned under this.
Number of dependents: 1 (Spouse)
VO office: Ottawa

I’m an Indian based in UAE and today my application completes 8 months. My consultant believes our application is taking time in security screening as we have travelled quite a bit, especially my husband who has travelled to 38 countries for both leisure and work.

Just wanted to check if there is anyone with a similar profile when it comes to travel history or seeing the code s15 on GCMS notes.

This has been quite a patience-testing phase, as I’m sure is the case for all of us.

Good luck to us all.
Hey, I have a very similar case history as you;
Indian national living in the UAE, applied with spouse
AOR: 24 July 2018 (so 9 months till date)
Medicals/Eligibility/Criminality: Passed
Security: In progress. However, there is no mention of S15 or anything in the notes section. Furthermore, it just shows blank against security status
Visa office: Ottawa

I don't have as extensive a travel history as you/your husband, but have visited around 6 to 7 countries with my wife. A lot of our plans have gone haywire because of this delay

Rik2019

Apr 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hey, I have a very similar case history as you;
Indian national living in the UAE, applied with spouse
AOR: 24 July 2018 (so 9 months till date)
Medicals/Eligibility/Criminality: Passed
Security: In progress. However, there is no mention of S15 or anything in the notes section. Furthermore, it just shows blank against security status
Visa office: Ottawa

I don't have as extensive a travel history as you/your husband, but have visited around 6 to 7 countries with my wife. A lot of our plans have gone haywire because of this delay
Hope we get PR soon. 80% of the applications are supposedly completed within 6 months. Not sure exactly why we are in the remaining 20%. Let’s hope for the best.

Reactions: vienvy

tottiren

Mar 21, 2018
Beijing
Category........
PNP
Security Screening seems to be taking longer these days, many are stranded by it, including myself. CBSA shows absolute no mercy to our pains.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Security Screening seems to be taking longer these days, many are stranded by it, including myself. CBSA shows absolute no mercy to our pains.
On the contrary. It's faster these days especially with the introduction of biometrics. A lot if people get processed within a year. 7-10 months precisely.

sparknotes

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
Hello @legalfalcon ! Thanks for your assistance with regards to the Security Screening process. I am a CEC inland May, 2018 AOR applicant. My application had been under S.S. since June, 2018 (Confirmed with CBSA notes).

I just recently got new sets of notes from IRCC, CBSA and CSIS. It seems CSIS had provided their recommendations as of January, 2019. How long it usually takes from CBSA > IRCC? I know that the longer part of the security screening is under CBSA but did they only starts working once they receive the report from CSIS or they started back in June, 2018?

Also, I had a past US visa rejection and they are doing an info sharing which is as "Ready to be Assessed" for last 11 months, any clue when this will be done or what this means? Is my application pending for USA not providing the info requested?

It is frustrating!

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi,
I applied on 15.11.2017, I got my notes today and my Security check is not even started, I passed all other stages. I have s19. all over my pages and I have no idea what is going on. Can someone help me with more information?

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Hi,
I applied on 15.11.2017, I got my notes today and my Security check is not even started, I passed all other stages. I have s19. all over my pages and I have no idea what is going on. Can someone help me with more information?
What's your VO? I know someone who applied Dec 5, 2017 that just got PPR last week. After 1 year plus. His file was just sitting at Kyiv VO.

nilooag

Mar 28, 2019
Hello,

My AOR was August 31st, 2018.
MEP and Criminality Passed => Sept 26th, 2018.
Background Check Started => Nov 11th, 2018 (GMCS notes).
ADR (CV, supplementary form, Schedule A) => March 20th, 2019.

I spoke with an agent and my Eligibility is also passed... Only thing left is security screening. I had an profile update for my ADR (now in reviewing the ADR) last week and got a ghost update yesterday which the agent told me was for your submitted new docs.
Do you think the CV request will prolong my security screening?
Already more than 7 months passed and almost 6 months BGC in progress...

Thanks
are you applied for outlanding sponsorship?

nilooag

Mar 28, 2019
He guys
I am in process of immigration for sponsorship outlander , I want to know how long dose it takes for next step in my process I checked my last update is;

We started processing your application on February 28, 2019
by the way I received pre-letter one weeks ago my application started 29 october 2018
I called the IRCC and they said we are starting your BGC who knows how long it takes?

vienvy

Feb 4, 2019
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hope we get PR soon. 80% of the applications are supposedly completed within 6 months. Not sure exactly why we are in the remaining 20%. Let’s hope for the best.
Absolutely.
I saw a ghost update in my profile last week (Monday, 22 Apr). Called up the IRCC office and was informed that my background check (eligibility, criminality and security) is completed/passed.
However, the only change I saw online with that particular ghost update was that my medical status changed to "You do not need a medical exam....."
Received another ghost update on Friday where the medical status changed back to "You passed the medical exam"
Did you face something similar?

Rik2019

Apr 20, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Absolutely.
I saw a ghost update in my profile last week (Monday, 22 Apr). Called up the IRCC office and was informed that my background check (eligibility, criminality and security) is completed/passed.
However, the only change I saw online with that particular ghost update was that my medical status changed to "You do not need a medical exam....."
Received another ghost update on Friday where the medical status changed back to "You passed the medical exam"
Sounds like you will get PPR very soon!

I haven’t had any similar updates as I have applied through an agency. And they don’t really inform about any ghost updates.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Absolutely.
Whats your timeline?