Med's Request
05-Feb-2021
Med's Done....
10-Feb-2021
Passport Req..
13-Oct-2021
VISA ISSUED...
Received virtual landing email Dec1, now awaiting portal login credential
If you have informed IRCC that you are in Canada, then virtual landing is the way to go. Virtual landing usually takes a few weeks after you have been provided with the portal credentials.

It seems in our case, you have not yet been provided with the portal credentials. You will have to follow up.
Thanks for your response. Greatly appreciate it.

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon !
The waiting is killing me, last month it was 3 years, so I decided to order CSIS notes. When I ordered them 6 months ago I received communication that notes can not be disclosed due security screening being in progress. But now they sought for an extension and the phrase that they used to justify it really concerns me – "In your case we will require additional consult with external organisations such as provincial or territorial governments".

So my question is, is this line often used by the agency in such situations and should I be worry about it?
Also, does the fact that I didn't receive communication that my security is still in progress means that my security might be completed?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hello @legalfalcon !
The waiting is killing me, last month it was 3 years, so I decided to order CSIS notes. When I ordered them 6 months ago I received communication that notes can not be disclosed due security screening being in progress. But now they sought for an extension and the phrase that they used to justify it really concerns me – "In your case we will require additional consult with external organisations such as provincial or territorial governments".

So my question is, is this line often used by the agency in such situations and should I be worry about it?
Also, does the fact that I didn't receive communication that my security is still in progress means that my security might be completed?

Thanks in advance!
@ViAchKoN You seems to have a similar AOR as mine (Oct 13, 2018). I too am waiting to hear back from IRCC. The last communication I received was in March 2020 after I added my spouse to the application. Did you hear anything from IRCC in the meantime? I have received the "We are processing your application...." email in November.

kkhan16

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
In your experience, have you seen it where an applicant’s medicals was extended but they were still denied.
My eligibility up to about two months ago was under review. My medical status has changed about two months ago as well to from you passed the medical exam to you do not need a medical exam.
Today I got an update saying the medical is passed December 2nd.
Could this be a good sign or just a regular process?

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
In your experience, have you seen it where an applicant’s medicals was extended but they were still denied.
My eligibility up to about two months ago was under review. My medical status has changed about two months ago as well to from you passed the medical exam to you do not need a medical exam.
Hey your case gives me hope. I also have Review Required and my AOR is May 2020 and my medical still shows expired. I guess in your case your Review Required may have been changed to Passed and thus your medical was passed as well. Do you mind sharing what was your RR for? Also you can order GCMS notes and know for sure if your eligibility was Passed or not?

kkhan16

Star Member
Sep 5, 2020
Hey your case gives me hope. I also have Review Required and my AOR is May 2020 and my medical still shows expired. I guess in your case your Review Required may have been changed to Passed and thus your medical was passed as well. Do you mind sharing what was your RR for?
My RR was for points as it relates to my job experience. I claimed points for 3+ years. one job letter covers me for 2 years and the other 1.5 years. However the second job letter did not have full-time. So that one was under review.
when I got gcms notes back in July/August this year, I got a past colleague to write a letter on a letter head and stamped saying I was indeed full time and submitted it with a letter of explanation.
I submitted a webform about 3 weeks ago asking for an update and I got a reply TODAY saying eligibility still pending review. Then about an hour after that, I saw the ghost update on my profile

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
@legalfalcon I have a question regarding PPR for visa exempt applicants.

I'm a US based applicant, US citizen, and I've recently gotten the PPR email and was confused as to whether I need to use a special service to send my package to the NY VAC if I don't need to send the original passport copy. IRCC is asking for my passport photocopy, photos and the PPR letter. Can I just send it via Fedex? Do I need to include any return postage or envelopes or is the COPR issued electronically?

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I have a question regarding PPR for visa exempt applicants.

I'm a US based applicant, US citizen, and I've recently gotten the PPR email and was confused as to whether I need to use a special service to send my package to the NY VAC if I don't need to send the original passport copy. IRCC is asking for my passport photocopy, photos and the PPR letter. Can I just send it via Fedex? Do I need to include any return postage or envelopes or is the COPR issued electronically?

Thanks!
The COPR will be shipped to you. So you will have to send a return package as per the instructions. This is what IRCC has been doing for any applicant outside Canada. However, if you have doubts, send an email at the id provided in the PPR email and confirm.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Any applicant who applies for PR, has to be admissible on Medicals, criminality, security and also meet the eligibility criteria for the program they are applying under.

Just because you have cleared one stage do not mean that you have cleared all stages/

Reactions: kkhan16

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon !

Thanks in advance!
This is used in only rare cases if you are under enhanced security screening.

Reactions: ViAchKoN

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
This is used in only rare cases if you are under enhanced security screening.
Thanks a lot for the answer!
Is there anywhere I can read about "enhanced security screening" and is there is any difference between enhanced and comprehensive ss? Although I don't a reason why they put me under this process (I applied when I was 25 years old, after 3 years I graduated from university, never was in army), I would like more about this type of security screening and would appreciate any source where I could find more information about it.
Also, should be I worried about it or this is a normal process and just I am unlucky?

Last edited:

ViAchKoN

Jun 2, 2018
@ViAchKoN You seems to have a similar AOR as mine (Oct 13, 2018). I too am waiting to hear back from IRCC. The last communication I received was in March 2020 after I added my spouse to the application. Did you hear anything from IRCC in the meantime? I have received the "We are processing your application...." email in November.
Sadly, last communication I got from IRCC was a request to submit schedule A on June 2021. After that I ordered CSIS notes but never received them because CSIS replied that my security is still in progress. Also I ordered CSIS notes a month ago, and they sought extension because of the reason a mention in previous message. To sum up, there is no positive feedback from IRCC in meantime.
P.S I even have not received"We are processing your application...." email last month:(

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
@legalfalcon can you tell us how long usually it takes for Ircc to send PPR after a remedical is given passed ? Many of our applications are pending for a final review to complete before they can issue PPR. So how long approximately should it take sir ?

Reactions: Tiaraxx