Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
As per the IRCC requirements, only the IELTS report reference number is required and not a physical scan of the report. The same is true also for the ECA.

However, many applicants add a scanned copy of the IELTS and ECA just in case if the reference number in incorrectly entered.
Ok sir. Thank you.

Reactions: legalfalcon

jatinder161088

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hello Sir,

How are you?
I got the PPR 2 on 3rd Dec 21.
Wanted to know if we need to upload the softcopy of the passport on our application as well or not?
A section for passport has been opened under documents.

Jordan510

Nov 27, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon sir,
I have a question regarding GCMS notes. I am currently in India but I’m permanent resident of Canada and I wanted to help one of my friend with his GCMS notes. He is currently in Canada as a worker. Can I apply for his GCMS notes from India online. As he does not know how to do it. I just wanted to apply it as he is doing it on his own (not representing him by myself). I won’t be using my any reference in the request for GCMS notes. Will that be fine?
My main question is if I use his address which is in Canada, and his documents. And apply over the internet from India will it be considered as a request made by (him) person living in Canada.
Thank you

Last edited:

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi @legalfalcon

My aor is 26 months back. My file was approved since 2020 April but due to pandemic i was not given PPR, later I was given remed on November 20 and I passed medical on 25th of November. I am under SGVO.

I have seen huge number of people from Ottawa getting PPR inside 7 days of medical approval recently including my best friend living beside my flat however, SGVO is silent and said they will issue ppr after approval completion within 90 days time after medical pass.

Is there anything I can do at this point so that SGVO can faster the PR process? My marriage is delayed cause of this and I have been applying for some jobs in Canada and the employer is asking me when I can come to Canada for interview, so Its an extremely hard time for me. I am really really helpless at this point. SIr, if by any means you can suggest me the best advice in this case it will be really helpful. thanks sir.

BrazenVader

Nov 5, 2021
@legalfalcon

My AoR is 21st September 2021.

Hi! I replied "Yes" to following statuary questions :

1. Has XYZZY UUIAUUA been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)
Yes.

Details : XYZZY UUIAUUA applied for permanent resident to Canada in Nov 2013, however his application was returned because quota for that year had reached for the NOC he applied for.

2. Has XYZZY UUIAUUA ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
Yes

Details : XYZZY UUIAUUA was given an administrative refusal to enter United States on 20 Oct 2018 because he did not intend to enter United States and only wanted to flagpole to apply for a new work permit at Canadian Port of Entry at Peace Arch.

------

Based on above two answers (Quota reached and Flagpoling), will I be put in "Review Required" during Eligiblity and my application delayed by 4-5 months minimum?????
I am really worried if my application is going to be delayed A LOT!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

My aor is 26 months back. My file was approved since 2020 April but due to pandemic i was not given PPR, later I was given remed on November 20 and I passed medical on 25th of November. I am under SGVO.

I have seen huge number of people from Ottawa getting PPR inside 7 days of medical approval recently including my best friend living beside my flat however, SGVO is silent and said they will issue ppr after approval completion within 90 days time after medical pass.

Is there anything I can do at this point so that SGVO can faster the PR process? My marriage is delayed cause of this and I have been applying for some jobs in Canada and the employer is asking me when I can come to Canada for interview, so Its an extremely hard time for me. I am really really helpless at this point. SIr, if by any means you can suggest me the best advice in this case it will be really helpful. thanks sir.
There is nothing that can be done to expedite the approval of your application. You will have to wait it out and hopefully, you should receive a PPR soon.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon sir,
I have a question regarding GCMS notes. I am currently in India but I’m permanent resident of Canada and I wanted to help one of my friend with his GCMS notes. He is currently in Canada as a worker. Can I apply for his GCMS notes from India online. As he does not know how to do it. I just wanted to apply it as he is doing it on his own (not representing him by myself). I won’t be using my any reference in the request for GCMS notes. Will that be fine?
My main question is if I use his address which is in Canada, and his documents. And apply over the internet from India will it be considered as a request made by (him) person living in Canada.
Thank you

IF you are a PR or a citizen, you can apply for GCMS notes from anywhere, irrespective of the fact whether you are in Canada or not. If your friend has provided you with his details, you can request the GCMS notes for him without a consent form.

If you are requesting on his behalf, i.e. he is authorizing you, then your friend will need to provide you with a consent form.

Reactions: Jordan510

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

My AoR is 21st September 2021.

Hi! I replied "Yes" to following statuary questions :

1. Has XYZZY UUIAUUA been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)
Yes.

Details : XYZZY UUIAUUA applied for permanent resident to Canada in Nov 2013, however his application was returned because quota for that year had reached for the NOC he applied for.

2. Has XYZZY UUIAUUA ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
Yes

Details : XYZZY UUIAUUA was given an administrative refusal to enter United States on 20 Oct 2018 because he did not intend to enter United States and only wanted to flagpole to apply for a new work permit at Canadian Port of Entry at Peace Arch.

------

Based on above two answers (Quota reached and Flagpoling), will I be put in "Review Required" during Eligiblity and my application delayed by 4-5 months minimum?????
I am really worried if my application is going to be delayed A LOT!
If you have been refused a visa, your application will have review required, but that is not an issue or for you to be concerned.

Jordan510

Nov 27, 2020
IF you are a PR or a citizen, you can apply for GCMS notes from anywhere, irrespective of the fact whether you are in Canada or not. If your friend has provided you with his details, you can request the GCMS notes for him without a consent form.

If you are requesting on his behalf, i.e. he is authorizing you, then your friend will need to provide you with a consent form.
Thank you @legalfalcon
My friend has provided me with his details. So, it will be fine and It will not be misleading/misrepresenting by making this online request on Indian internet servers. I was assuming it as the request will be forwarded to the nearest visa office/consulate i.e. New Delhi resulting in false representation. Thank you sir.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
@legalfalcon - hello. Read multiple forums for my query and observed that there are mixed opinions about first landing at Montreal. I am EE FSWO candidate looking to shift to Canada by mid Jan. The ticket fares are a bit cheap for Montreal than other cities. My final destination is Vancouver. I booked a flight to Montreal , then there is layover of 7 hrs before I catch a flight to Vancouver. Is this okay ? or there could be issues landing in Montreal since I don't have QSW certificate. Your views please. Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - hello. Read multiple forums for my query and observed that there are mixed opinions about first landing at Montreal. I am EE FSWO candidate looking to shift to Canada by mid Jan. The ticket fares are a bit cheap for Montreal than other cities. My final destination is Vancouver. I booked a flight to Montreal , then there is layover of 7 hrs before I catch a flight to Vancouver. Is this okay ? or there could be issues landing in Montreal since I don't have QSW certificate. Your views please. Thanks.
Montreal is in Canada. You can enter Canada through any port of entry including Quebec. There is no rule that prohibits you from entering Canada via Montreal, be it by air, land or water.

When you land, the border officer may examine you and ask where you are going, which happens when you enter any country. As long as you do not intend to settle in QC as an FSW or PNP, you do not have to worry. Anyone saying that that you cannot land in Canada via Montreal either hasn't read the law or just doesn't understand what the law is.

Reactions: CNP