Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I am planning to travel to India because of family emergency. I haven’t received my PR card yet and my COPR is about to expire on 11/30/21. So when I try to return from India will my PRTD be rejected if COPR expires? I am an inland applicant and received COPr on Nov 17, 2021.
COPR never expires. That is your proof of your PR status in Canada, but you cannot use it to travel. The expiry date on COPR is the date on or before which you have to land in Canada.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, My AOR is of March 2020 (FSW Outland), as per GCMS notes my application is in the category 'CPCO COVID RFV' group and is approved. However, my medicals expired in Feb 2021(no update regarding the same in GCMS notes or profile), Further, my passport is expiring in October 2022, and I was thinking of renewing my passport before a remedical request comes or PPR is issued.

Is it fine if I get a new passport and inform IRCC through webform and submit both old and new passport if and whenever I get PPR? Will submitting new passport for stamping despite receiving PPR based on old passport details on record with IRCC cause any issue????

Please help. Thank you :)
You can renew your passport and send a scan of the new PP to IRCC via webform.

Reactions: pjames

DreamerInd

Sep 11, 2021
Hi Sir,

I have submitted my spousal open work permit application on 2019 September and IRCC scheduled a visa interview to verify the genuineness of my marriage. The interview was supposed to be held in March 2020 and they postpone that interview due to locked down at India.
Later me and my husband submitted PR application in 2021 April and our PR application got approved in October 2021 and issued eCOPR and my PR visa got stamped back from Embassy . I have heard that when IRCC issue a eCOPR, all opening visa applications will be closed. But in my case, for my old Spousal open work permit application, they have rescheduled the visa interview on 2021 December 6 and i am planning to travel to Canada on December 4 .

Shall I withdraw the old SOWP now as I have received my PR ? I am totally confused to withdraw the SOWP application or Do I need to wait to withdraw the old SOPW application until I reach Canada.? Please give your valuable suggestions on this .

Last edited:

Hmya

Nov 2, 2021
Dear legalfalcon,
I asked before that I have submitted CV to IRCC upon their request .they requested CV/resume after medical passed .kindly tell me why they ask for CV and what will be the next step.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear legalfalcon,
I asked before that I have submitted CV to IRCC upon their request .they requested CV/resume after medical passed .kindly tell me why they ask for CV and what will be the next step.
CVs are usually asked to know details on what your education was and where you worked if you have advanced degrees in sciences or applied sciences to determine if any additional security checks are required.

[My response does not constitute legal advice and neither does it give rise to any lawyer-client relationship.]

srvp

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Dear @legalfalcon,
Recently our company applied for a work permit (ICT) to Canada from the US. My question here is , i hold a valid TR visa, do we have to again send passports for VISA stamping? . Does IRCC process a new TR visa and Work permit in this case?
TIA

Also our PR application is under process(AOR Aug:2020).Does the work permit affects PR process?

Last edited:

Hmya

Nov 2, 2021
CVs are usually asked to know details on what your education was and where you worked if you have advanced degrees in sciences or applied sciences to determine if any additional security checks are required.

[My response does not constitute legal advice and neither does it give rise to any lawyer-client relationship.]
Thanks for reply, pls one more question after submitting CV how much time they will proceed for next step.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for reply, pls one more question after submitting CV how much time they will proceed for next step.
There is no published timeframe as such, will depend on the VO, and the workload they have.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon,
Recently our company applied for a work permit (ICT) to Canada from the US. My question here is , i hold a valid TR visa, do we have to again send passports for VISA stamping? . Does IRCC process a new TR visa and Work permit in this case?
TIA

Also our PR application is under process(AOR Aug:2020).Does the work permit affects PR process?

Most likely yes, you will be issued a new visa or just a permit, based on your country of residence and other factors.

Each visa is processed on its own merits and has no bearing on your PR applicatpion.

Sweet princess

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
There is no published timeframe as such, will depend on the VO, and the workload they have.

Thanks. , i hope there is nothing to worry? Has Cv request any negative aspect?

srvp

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
United States of America
Category........
FSW
Most likely yes, you will be issued a new visa or just a permit, based on your country of residence and other factors.

Each visa is processed on its own merits and has no bearing on your PR applicatpion.

Thank you for the reply.. COR is USA

ashish1104

Jan 23, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I'm looking for your advice on what to do in case of child birth after COPR is issued. I used the webform to inform CIC several times but always got an automated response which didn't answer my question. My COPR expires in next couple of days. Any recommendation on what to do next ?

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi @legalfalcon

Our LVO has been sending remedical to our batch and we did that and they also updated it last week. Now due to the Omiron variant scare do you feel they can logically stop the further processing of our applications till the variant is proven less lethal ? or they are more likely to continue their processing and this variant should not have any impact on us with AOR 2019 ?

your experienced insights on this situation will really mean a lot for us who are suffering for last 2 years+ thanks

AstronomyNut

Jan 24, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon

Hello. I am seeking advice on my Express Entry application. I have an AoR of 2nd December 2020 (FSW-Inland). I received a letter from IRCC asking for revised bank letters. I will be uploading those this week. These bank letters detail the PoF in my bank account from my home country.

However, my question is regarding my Canadian bank account. I intend to include a letter from CIBC about my account here in Canada. However, in recent weeks I had one large transaction (about CAD 20k) where I received money from my country (from my father) and loan it to my friend here in Canada. Beyond that, my account is fine. I have no loans and I only have one $500-limit credit card which I pay on time.

My question is: how do I explain the Canadian bank account's ONE large transaction? Or alternatively, can I not include the Canadian bank account and rely on the PoF bank letters that I included in my original application.

Just some numbers. I am showing PoF of CAD $26,000 which I've held in one single bank account since mid-2019 as USD.

I would really appreciate some legal advice/insight into this. I am more than happy to discuss terms if you feel this is a complicated issue.