Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Alwy

Oct 28, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello legal falcon sir,
At the time of my express entry application submission, In personal history section I have put unemployed status for a one year voluntary service i did as part of a religious movement, since it was an unpaid work. (I have explained that in LoE and have submitted a certificate issued by the movement along with additional documents). But since it is a movement i haven't added that info in section 'membership of association with organization, since there are no membership in movements. Now i am worried whether this will cause any issue, kindly provide your insights. Also if I have to upload those information how can i proceed. My eligibility and security are not started yet as per gcms. All other sections are passed/completed. Please help me with my queries.

Thank you.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Social Media Listening Process at IRCC

What is social listening?
Listening refers to a general, more passive form of monitoring of social media results. When listening, analysts may not be acting upon results, or looking for any targeted topic or issue. The practice entails reviewing results sporadically during the day to monitor and review incoming social media results. Should something of interest appear, an analyst would be able to flag the incoming theme or topic of coverage. If there is nothing significant to report, it does not need to be flagged or reported.

IRCC Communications has an interest in engaging in using a social media monitoring tool for searching/monitoring and analysis of social media traffic on issues relevant to the Department. As social media volumes are too large to navigate manually, the use of a tool allows IRCC to engage in more targeted and broad searches of social media content, and see the information presented in a more consolidated fashion. Such a tool would allow IRCC to better understand current opinion, sentiment and overall conversation on specific IRCC issues in order to create communications products that resonate with target audiences.

The tool would be used for activities such as assessing conversation trends on a per-issue basis: volume of conversation, language/terms used, sentiment (positive/negative), in what regions these conversations are happening, etc.

To conduct such searching, the tool pulls from publicly-available information provided by social media users: their public posts; their usernames; some data they have chosen to include in their social media profiles (e.g. name, city/ country of residence); and some information associated with their profiles (e.g. number of followers, number of tweets issued). The tool does not store this information; it merely retrieves and presents it through a user interface, and uses it for analysis purposes (e.g. presenting information in aggregate). The information that can be obtained by IRCC is unchanged by the use of the tool. The tool merely collects and presents the information in a more expedient way. The same information can be obtained by any member of the public through browsing or searching or social media sites.

That said, social media monitoring software allows its users to gather more information far more quickly and easily than would be possible through manual searching; it provides IRCC with the power to retrieve information which might otherwise have been left unseen. This ability to uncover microscopic information from ordinary individuals - even if that information is technically public.

More to come soon...

Reactions: binder1232

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon, may i inquire if iI need to inform IRCC if I have finished another Masters Degree? I have just graduated recently but the Transcript pf Records and Diploma are still not available for evaluation by WES or IQAS.

I am AOR Nov 2019 and I’m still waiting for the PPR. I’m already approved based on GCMS notes since Mar 23, 2020.

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
Some pnp outland got MR and i have noticed those all are usely who have done upfront medical.

Is this true or my myth ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, may i inquire if iI need to inform IRCC if I have finished another Masters Degree? I have just graduated recently but the Transcript pf Records and Diploma are still not available for evaluation by WES or IQAS.

I am AOR Nov 2019 and I’m still waiting for the PPR. I’m already approved based on GCMS notes since Mar 23, 2020.
If your application has been submitted, you do not have to inform IRCC of any subsequent change unless if you no longer work for the employer for which you claimed points for, any change in family composition, change of country or residence or any material change that would impact your application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
How reliable is IRCC Twitter handle in your opinion? It says we can apply to one EE Program at a time. This is totally different than what the call Center agents tell us and also what the agents respond to webform. The agents say Immg act doesn’t prohibit 2 PR applications simultaneously and I think you are also of the same view.
The twitter responses and responses by call centre agents are not legal opinions and neither are they binding on IRCC.

There is nothing that bars an applicant from applying for multiple programs as long as you do not contravene immigration law or misrepresent.

Some people on the forum use these responses has gold standard, but that is just a lack of understanding of what law is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Princes2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legal falcon sir,
At the time of my express entry application submission, In personal history section I have put unemployed status for a one year voluntary service i did as part of a religious movement, since it was an unpaid work. (I have explained that in LoE and have submitted a certificate issued by the movement along with additional documents). But since it is a movement i haven't added that info in section 'membership of association with organization, since there are no membership in movements. Now i am worried whether this will cause any issue, kindly provide your insights. Also if I have to upload those information how can i proceed. My eligibility and security are not started yet as per gcms. All other sections are passed/completed. Please help me with my queries.

Thank you.
This will have no impact at all. Membership of association with organisation refers to memberships in any political, social etc organisations.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, in case you missed my question, could you please guide me with the following:

I used to work for a company that got acquired by a listed US company, where I continued to work at for a few months after the acquisition. The successor company has agreed to only add a very short description of duties in my experience letter (only 2 out of 8 NOC duties covered), and only for my time in the first company. I have also acquired a statement that confirms my full list of duties from a past colleague in that company, where he still works, and had it authenticated. Would the above be my best option to prove my experience for both companies?

OR is it preferable to ask them to remove the limited duties completely, and have them write that they can't provide the duties so that I only provide the colleague letter as proof?

Thank you in advance!

To make things easier, if you have no duties and supplement them with your colleague's letter, that would be ideal. If you have some duties and more by your colleague, then there is clearly a discrepancy, and you will have to explain it in detail.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
If your application has been submitted, you do not have to inform IRCC of any subsequent change unless if you no longer work for the employer for which you claimed points for, any change in family composition, change of country or residence or any material change that would impact your application.
Thanks @legalfalcon, just to clarify, the additional Masters degree is not a material change that can have impact to my application? Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon, just to clarify, the additional Masters degree is not a material change that can have impact to my application? Thanks
Additional degree is not a material change. Also, if you do not want to claim points for a specific education qualification, you do not have to get it evaluated.

What matters is what the ECA report states.

JayTheGreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Additional degree is not a material change. Also, if you do not want to claim points for a specific education qualification, you do not have to get it evaluated.

What matters is what the ECA report states.
Thanks @legalfalcon, actually that Masters Degree is just another degree I had obtained during this pandemic. I already have a Masters Degree when i applied for the FSW EE program and I was already able to meet the cut-off score. I was invited in Oct 2019 and AOR in Nov 2019