Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi @legalfalcon !

I have a master and a bachelor from India. I have ECA for masters only. I have applied under CEC express entry. In my Education history section I mentioned, I have two degrees ie bachelor and masters.

For masters I have answered the question "Do you have ECA done in last 5 years for this qualification?" as YES.

For Bachelor, I have mentioned the same question it as "No".

By answering it like this, have I messed up my application? Should I have never mentioned my bachelors in the Study section at all?

I do have included my bachelor degree's certificate in application as well.

Is my application going to be rejected due to this? Should I have mentioned my bachelor degree in only personal history?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please additional documents were requested and was uploaded the next day till now now acknowledge from them if they have received it or not. It just show additional documents have been uploaded. What's the fee for ordering GCMS note please?
It can take 1-3 weeks and in some cases longer for the documents to be reviewed and processed.

For GCMS notes See https://bit.ly/3CJar1M

• Love
Reactions: Penny.a

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hello!
In the beginning June I received request for schedule A. After nearly three months there wasn't any update so I have decided to request CSIS notes. But today I received strange reply that my case is still in progress and therefore the details cannot be disclosed as it is exempt from disclosure under sections 15(1), 16(1)(a), 16(1)(b) or 19(1) of the Access to Information Act, until the process is completed.
So I don't know what to think right now, I have been under ss for nearly two years that is why I would be grateful if you could shred some light to this matter.
Thanks in advance!
The securities quoted the the section of Access to Information Act.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/access-information-manual.html

If CSIS is still working on your file, then the information will not be released.

To read more on SS, see https://bit.ly/3kKvXNk

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
I have a master and a bachelor from India. I have ECA for masters only. I have applied under CEC express entry. In my Education history section I mentioned, I have two degrees ie bachelor and masters.

For masters I have answered the question "Do you have ECA done in last 5 years for this qualification?" as YES.

For Bachelor, I have mentioned the same question it as "No".

By answering it like this, have I messed up my application? Should I have never mentioned my bachelors in the Study section at all?

I do have included my bachelor degree's certificate in application as well.

Is my application going to be rejected due to this? Should I have mentioned my bachelor degree in only personal history?
Just one more details. My bachelor degree was done more than 10 years back, so it won't fit in the "Personal History". Hence, I think Education history with "No ECA" is decent choice.

@legalfalcon if you can comment, I will be really thankful!

uigg

Sep 29, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon I need your help! I received my eCOPR last week in the portal, but I noticed the following regarding my place of birth:

Place of birth in passport: MANDALUYONG CITY
Place of birth in PR Application: MANDALUYONG (I only put the name of the city as I was reading too much into it when they asked for "City of birth" - I thought I did not need to put the word "city" after)
eCOPR: MANDALUYONG

Should I reply to my portal email with a request to correct this as early as now or is this not necessary? I am afraid this would cause me any problems in the future when applying for citizenship...thank you so much.

Dreamer 007

Feb 26, 2020
My gcms notes showing eligibility review required because of answering yes to stat questions.
it’s been 3 months with no other updates.I had previous Canada SOWP and PR rejection.

will there be any other problems in my application @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My gcms notes showing eligibility review required because of answering yes to stat questions.
it’s been 3 months with no other updates.I had previous Canada SOWP and PR rejection.

will there be any other problems in my application @legalfalcon

As such statutory questions do not have any impact on the processing. However, you have to answer truthfully and if you have had prior rejections, you have to disclose them. IRCC will look into the reason for the rejection. If the rejection were not a result of fraud, misrepresentation, immigration fraud etc. there is no need to be concerned.

Reactions: Dreamer 007

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I need your help! I received my eCOPR last week in the portal, but I noticed the following regarding my place of birth:

Place of birth in passport: MANDALUYONG CITY
Place of birth in PR Application: MANDALUYONG (I only put the name of the city as I was reading too much into it when they asked for "City of birth" - I thought I did not need to put the word "city" after)
eCOPR: MANDALUYONG

Should I reply to my portal email with a request to correct this as early as now or is this not necessary? I am afraid this would cause me any problems in the future when applying for citizenship...thank you so much.
In the long run it does not matter since the name of the city is accurate.

If you do want to have it changed, you can inform IRCC, but most likely after the COPR is issued, you will be asked to follow the instructions:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html

Ahmid4can

Sep 28, 2021
@legalfalcon
Pls I'm really stressed out now. I applied for study permit in 2017 but was refused. I answered yes to having been refused usa visit visas in the past. but I didn't mention any date. Fast forward to my pr application. I only mentioned the canada study visa that was refused in 2017. Not sure why though. Medical has already been sent. But I got an ADR like- -thank you for your interest in canada .... you must provide a precise explanatory letter about each of your visa refusal to the USA. ...
If we don't get it by so so date your file will be treated as incomplete.
I've been freaking out. How i missed that I do not know.
I have submitted a notarised letter and explaining how it was an oversight. This was an advice from a lawyer. Pls someone help me out here. Haven't been myself since.
Anyone in this situation?? Goggle search engine got me here. Thank you.

such_prasad

Sep 20, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon

I am a Permanent resident of Canada residing in Canada.
My wife had applied for PR via express entry (AOR Sep 2019) and she is in the United States. Due to covid delays, her application is still pending. a recent update was to resubmit the medical ( completed).

Question: should I wait for the current application to process
1. Can I apply for spousal sponsorship? will it affect her existing express entry application?
If yes can she re-use medical and police clearance? and can I apply for an open work permit for her if it is an outland application?
2. Can she apply for an open work permit with her exiting express entry application?

Thanks,
Suche

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

I am a Permanent resident of Canada residing in Canada.
My wife had applied for PR via express entry (AOR Sep 2019) and she is in the United States. Due to covid delays, her application is still pending. a recent update was to resubmit the medical ( completed).

Question: should I wait for the current application to process
1. Can I apply for spousal sponsorship? will it affect her existing express entry application?
If yes can she re-use medical and police clearance? and can I apply for an open work permit for her if it is an outland application?
2. Can she apply for an open work permit with her exiting express entry application?

Thanks,
Suche
I think it's better to wait for the finalization of her EE application. That seems like the only process that will take lesser time to complete, based on the current state it's at.

scenestrange

Apr 27, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-04-2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,

Please help me with below queries.

We all got our eCOPR on 15th August 2021, all Inland(Me. my 2 year old daughter, and wife).

Me and my daughter have received our PR cards on 30th August. However, my wife, she hasn't received it yet.(45 days passed).

Today, when I called IRCC and asked, they said there is "some error" while printing card.(we didn't receive any communication though). Even Portal says nothing.

Do you know, what would be the reason for the error?
Can I order GCMS notes for PR card application ?

Appreciate your response.

Last edited:

BrianLaraFan

Sep 29, 2021
Hi all,
I am a long term lurker of this forum. I am currently living in Canada for past 2 years. In my family I have wife (non Canadian) and one kid (born in Canada, so Canadian citizen). I submitted my application on September 14th. I just realised there is a mistake in that application :

1. I included my kid as an accompany dependent. So the his name shows up in application separately and I paid fees for his processing as well. I uploaded his birth certificate and passport as well. I later realized that I should not have added him as an accompanying member because he is already a Canadian Citizen.

2. I included him in my "Family Member" section of "Personal Detail" as well for both myself and my wife. I later realized that this section is for non-Accompanying members only.

I fear when IRCC will process the application, they will remove him from dependent (as they should) and will try to add him in non-Accompanying member. So he may end up either getting added twice or may fail to add depending upon how good their system is. It may break my application.

It is noteworthy that I have not hid any information about my son. Only made mistake in mentioning him as an accompanying family member. In past I filed work permit application where accompanying family member was defined as "someone who will come to canada with you" and "will live with you in Canada". I applied the same definition and hence he got added in the application.

What should I do? Can any senior guide me? @scylla @legalfalcon @PMM ?

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hi @legalfalcon

I applied for my PR application in October 2019 and the file got approved in March 2020. However, I am still awaiting my PPR.

I want to transfer the POF amount from the bank whose bank certificate I have shown during my PR application to another bank and Fixed Deposit it under my name now. Do you think I may have any risk in this if CIC might ask me again to show my recent POF? The only issue is this Foxed deposit scheme is for 3 years time length although I have the authority to raise the money anytime I want from there.

Waiting for your reply. thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I applied for my PR application in October 2019 and the file got approved in March 2020. However, I am still awaiting my PPR.

I want to transfer the POF amount from the bank whose bank certificate I have shown during my PR application to another bank and Fixed Deposit it under my name now. Do you think I may have any risk in this if CIC might ask me again to show my recent POF? The only issue is this Foxed deposit scheme is for 3 years time length although I have the authority to raise the money anytime I want from there.

Waiting for your reply. thanks
You can transfer the funds to another bank, no issues. If at all IRCC asks for a revised PoF, though highly unlikely now, you can send a statement of the new account.

Make sure you keep the transaction details of the money transfer.

To read on PoF in general, requirements etc. see https://bit.ly/39Ne62d

Reactions: Midnight Blessing