+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
Greetings @legalfalcon

If someone tried to get into USA on a visitor visa (B2 Visa), but at the US borders, they didn't allow him to enter and deported him (expedited removal), will he become inadmissible for the Canadian borders if he got a permanent residency visa in Canada and tried to enter Canada?

Best Regards,

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I have applied for PGWP from outside Canada. My visa has expired. While applying, I did not mention that my visa expired and I will need a new one to be issued. I thought IRCC will issue me a new visa automatically when they check my documents and find out that I have an expired visa. Recently, an immigration consultant told me that I need to mention that I will require a visa or else IRCC will not issue a new visa.

Should I inform IRCC that I would need a new visitor visa? If yes, how?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/after-you-apply.html

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Greetings @legalfalcon

If someone tried to get into USA on a visitor visa (B2 Visa), but at the US borders, they didn't allow him to enter and deported him (expedited removal), will he become inadmissible for the Canadian borders if he got a permanent residency visa in Canada and tried to enter Canada?

Best Regards,
No, removal from the US has no bearing on your Canadian PR application. However, you will have to declare it.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon , I have a quick question on ordering GCMS notes. I was browsing over getgcms.com to order GCMS notes. Before making the payment, there is a page saying to be ready with the applicant's full name, spouse's full name(if any), and date of birth. However, with respect to my application, I applied for PR as a legally separated applicant and also received it last month and submitted the same. Do I have to mention spouse's name? I don't remember adding my ex-spouse name to the application as I was a legally separated applicant. Please advise.
Hi @legalfalcon, I would like to have your advise on ordering the gcms notes. Could you please respond?
Thanks in advance.

shortybhavz

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
I have applied for PGWP from outside Canada. My visa has expired. While applying, I did not mention that my visa expired and I will need a new one to be issued. I thought IRCC will issue me a new visa automatically when they check my documents and find out that I have an expired visa. Recently, an immigration consultant told me that I need to mention that I will require a visa or else IRCC will not issue a new visa.

Should I inform IRCC that I would need a new visitor visa? If yes, how?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/after-you-apply.html
@legalfalcon Please let me know if I should be informing IRCC that I'll need a new visitor visa or they will issue me one when they approve my PGWP application?

Prakashbe.ckp

Mar 30, 2017
Hi Legal Falcon,

I have applied PNP - EE -Outland - Jan 2019 AOR and due to various reasons, it got delayed. However the recent GCMS states as below after submitting the updated criminality and remedical for spouse & child where they are in India.

* Criminality - Passed
* Bio- Completed
* Eligibility - Passed
* Info Sharing - Complete
* Medical - Spouse (Passed), Child (Passed) but for me it is showing as Medical Passed - Expired by 26 Sep 20. CIC didn't requested any remedical for me when they are asking for my Spouse and Child during Jan 21. Also in the recent notes shown as "PA is in the same country of residence Saudi and hence extension to be requested" - Note: Earlier PA Medical passed with Surveillance due to Inactive TB.
* Security - "Blank"

Will I get the remedical request or they will extend it on their own. There is no progress at all for the past 6 months. Kindly guide.

Last edited:

xtremenet2021

Jan 17, 2021
No, removal from the US has no bearing on your Canadian PR application. However, you will have to declare it.
Greetings @legalfalcon

In an article published by Cicnews titled "Deported from the USA. Can I come to Canada?"

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/09/deported-from-the-usa-can-i-come-to-canada-0919141.html#gs.bieb9a

It was mentioned that "A record of being deported from the USA—or any other country—can negatively impact all Canadian immigration applications. This is the case whether you want to come to Canada to work, study, or live. Both temporary and permanent stays are affected including those to work, study or reside."

and "If you have been deported from the US or another foreign country, you are considered criminally inadmissible to Canada."

Actually does the inadmissiblily depends on the reason of the deportation rather than the deportation itself?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Greetings @legalfalcon

In an article published by Cicnews titled "Deported from the USA. Can I come to Canada?"

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/09/deported-from-the-usa-can-i-come-to-canada-0919141.html#gs.bieb9a

It was mentioned that "A record of being deported from the USA—or any other country—can negatively impact all Canadian immigration applications. This is the case whether you want to come to Canada to work, study, or live. Both temporary and permanent stays are affected including those to work, study or reside."

and "If you have been deported from the US or another foreign country, you are considered criminally inadmissible to Canada."

Actually does the inadmissiblily depends on the reason of the deportation rather than the deportation itself?
Under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, (INA), i.e. US immigration law, if you overstay, enter US without illegally, violate your visa terms, it is a crime. Most people who are deported, fall under this category and thus may be inadmissible on the grounds of criminality.

You should consult an immigration lawyer for your case to be assessed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal Falcon,

I have applied PNP - EE -Outland - Jan 2019 AOR and due to various reasons, it got delayed. However the recent GCMS states as below after submitting the updated criminality and remedical for spouse & child where they are in India.

* Criminality - Passed
* Bio- Completed
* Eligibility - Passed
* Info Sharing - Complete
* Medical - Spouse (Passed), Child (Passed) but for me it is showing as Medical Passed - Expired by 26 Sep 20. CIC didn't requested any remedical for me when they are asking for my Spouse and Child during Jan 21. Also in the recent notes shown as "PA is in the same country of residence Saudi and hence extension to be requested" - Note: Earlier PA Medical passed with Surveillance due to Inactive TB.
* Security - "Blank"

Will I get the remedical request or they will extend it on their own. There is no progress at all for the past 6 months. Kindly guide.
See #13,190

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I would like to have your advise on ordering the gcms notes. Could you please respond?
Thanks in advance.
If you do not have a spouse or you applied as separated, you do not need to enter the details of your spouse.

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hi, I am an FSW-O applicant, AoR is feb 2021. In my ECA report from IQAS, year awarded is given as 2019, eventhough the course was from 2015 to 2017 (they have mentioned it as two year program itself). The university certificate is dated January 2019. I assume that is why iqas has mentioned year awarded as 2019. But my program actually finished in 2017 and i have given 2015-17 as years of study in educational history of my PR application. I now worry whether this will cause any issue? Kindly help me with this.
Thanks in advance.
Hi Alwy,

Did you face any problem due to this issue of Year Awarded date. I have also received the assessment with Year awarded mentioned as the Year in which Degree was awarded and not the year in which I completed my Masters.

devinakarsten

Star Member
Apr 4, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon , I was requested a newly issued PC about a month ago, and it was submitted a week after the request date. I got my GCMS notes yesterday, on the officer's notes section, I can see that the PC was received and assigned to an officer, however there was another not after that created, mentioning "due date pushed 30 days. re-assigned to officer". What does this mean? is this an internal note for them?
Thank you for your input.

devinakarsten

Star Member
Apr 4, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon , I was requested a newly issued PC about a month ago, and it was submitted a week after the request date. I got my GCMS notes yesterday, on the officer's notes section, I can see that the PC was received and assigned to an officer, however there was another not after that created, mentioning "due date pushed 30 days. re-assigned to officer". What does this mean? is this an internal note for them?
Thank you for your input.
Hi @legalfalcon , would appreciate your help for this please. Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......