17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

My cousin is a recent PR of Canada and is in Canada right now for a couple of months. Now he is thinking about applying for the visitor visa of his parents. Do you think it is a good time to apply for his parent's TR VISA?

Due to pandemics can it be a little easier for them to get the VISA or a little tougher? thanks for reply.
The pandemic has no role in being easy or difficult. Each application is determined on its own merits. As the parents of a PR, they are also eligible for a super visa. see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa.html

As regards processing and how long it may take, that will depend on the country where the application is filed from and the COIVD specific restrictions.

Chintan_patel95

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
@legalfalcon
Hello, I have question regarding my application, my Info sharing is still in progress(been a while ), Is it because US revoked my USA study visa in 2015(Visa withdrawn on my permission) at the LA airport and went back to India? please give your advise, my mother passed away two weeks ago and I cant go Right now because of the application and if i go then I would get stuck for long time and may loose my current job.
here is my details:
AOR : OCT 23,2020 (already passed 7 months)
CEC INLAND
VO: CPC-OTTAWA
Eligibility : passed
Info sharing(stuck here): In progress
Medical: passed
BIO : exempted
Security : not started
Criminality:passed

travelloverz

Feb 1, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon
Any input from you would be very much appreciated. I received this email from IRCC as a response to a webform that I submitted. No updates in MyAccount, never see any GU either. Thanks you very much for sharing your opinion
P.S. I am FSWO AOR 21.12.2020

Thank you for your e-mail message below.

Please be advised that your application is almost complete. However, even if you have a valid immigrant visa you won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

The travel restrictions imposed by the Government of Canada are currently in effect until June 21, 2021. This is of course subject to change at any time. Unfortunately, we cannot at this time predict if or how travel restrictions may impact foreign nationals beyond that date.

Please note that you are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or

• the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or

• you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

Please be advised that currently you do not seem to meet any of the current exemption to the travel restrictions. Detailed information on who may be eligible to travel to and enter Canada can be found at following website:
We will contact you regarding further steps in due course.

djohne

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
@legalfalcon
I have checked the forum and my question is not covered, or I'm unable to find the answer. My wife and I have recently submitted our PR (CEC) application, however, I have a 10-year-old daughter who lives in Jamaica. She has been included in the application, but I want to get her here hopefully by September, December at the latest. IRCC is now at the point of processing June 2020 applications so I know that it might be another year before our application is approved. Should I apply for her TRV thru my wife's account or through my own? I believe that the documents would be the same. My real question is how do I go about applying for her TRV. I know that generally, I could add her as a family member if I was doing my own but not quite sure if I can start an application just for her. Also, I want her mother to accompany her on the trip and spend two weeks to help her settle. Should I have her mother create a profile and then apply for a TRV? I really appreciate your answer when it comes.

siju6789

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon !

I wanted to check with you if you had any input regarding my situation. I tried scouring the forum to find some answers or anyone with a similar situation, but so far I haven't. Both I and my girlfriend had submitted our applications last year (AOR Jan 6th, 2020) Since we didn't have plans to marry at that time, we had applied individually for PR under FSW. As per the GCMS notes that we requested last year in June, our applications were in progress and we had cleared most of the checks. Since the travel restrictions started, we hadn't seen any changes. On Jan 27th, 2021 we got married. In Feb, we both informed IRCC through webmail about the change of marital status with the following message:

"Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to inform you about an update to my marital status. I got married on Jan 27th, 2021 to xxx. My spouse had also submitted her application for Permanent Residency under the Express Entry Program. Following are the details of her Express Entry application: Last Name: xxx First Name: xxx Unique Client Identifier (UCI): xxx Application number: xxx . Please find attached the Government-Issued marriage certificate with this Webform for your reference. Kindly let me know if you would require any additional information or document(s) to update the marital status in our applications. I would like to request information about how our individual applications would proceed based on this update. Kindly note that xxx would also be raising a Webform to provide this same update on her application. Thanks, xxx"

We both got the following mail response from IRCC :

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• Marriage Certificate
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.
Furthermore, if you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required."

We have not received any updates after that. Do you have any info about how they would proceed here? Do we need to ask/provide anything additional to this? Since they already have been processing our individual files, will they need medicals and other documents again? Also, will our applications be merged or will they be processed individually as non accompanying spouse?

Thanks in advance!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hello, I have question regarding my application, my Info sharing is still in progress(been a while ), Is it because US revoked my USA study visa in 2015(Visa withdrawn on my permission) at the LA airport and went back to India? please give your advise, my mother passed away two weeks ago and I cant go Right now because of the application and if i go then I would get stuck for long time and may loose my current job.
here is my details:
AOR : OCT 23,2020 (already passed 7 months)
CEC INLAND
VO: CPC-OTTAWA
Eligibility : passed
Info sharing(stuck here): In progress
Medical: passed
BIO : exempted
Security : not started
Criminality:passed
Info sharing is not a long process and even if it is pending, other stage will continue to be processed. Also the revocation of your US visa will not have much impact on the processing of your Canadian PR.

To read on info sharing see https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

Reactions: Chintan_patel95

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
Any input from you would be very much appreciated. I received this email from IRCC as a response to a webform that I submitted. No updates in MyAccount, never see any GU either. Thanks you very much for sharing your opinion
P.S. I am FSWO AOR 21.12.2020

Thank you for your e-mail message below.

Please be advised that your application is almost complete. However, even if you have a valid immigrant visa you won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re coming to validate your COPR and become a permanent resident, unless you are exempt from the travel restrictions.

The travel restrictions imposed by the Government of Canada are currently in effect until June 21, 2021. This is of course subject to change at any time. Unfortunately, we cannot at this time predict if or how travel restrictions may impact foreign nationals beyond that date.

Please note that you are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and

• the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or

• the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or

• you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

Please be advised that currently you do not seem to meet any of the current exemption to the travel restrictions. Detailed information on who may be eligible to travel to and enter Canada can be found at following website:
We will contact you regarding further steps in due course.
This does not say anything about the processing as such. This may mean that your application is almost about to be finalised. However, it is not too certain.

You can try calling or request your GCMS notes to be absolutely sure.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I have checked the forum and my question is not covered, or I'm unable to find the answer. My wife and I have recently submitted our PR (CEC) application, however, I have a 10-year-old daughter who lives in Jamaica. She has been included in the application, but I want to get her here hopefully by September, December at the latest. IRCC is now at the point of processing June 2020 applications so I know that it might be another year before our application is approved. Should I apply for her TRV thru my wife's account or through my own? I believe that the documents would be the same. My real question is how do I go about applying for her TRV. I know that generally, I could add her as a family member if I was doing my own but not quite sure if I can start an application just for her. Also, I want her mother to accompany her on the trip and spend two weeks to help her settle. Should I have her mother create a profile and then apply for a TRV? I really appreciate your answer when it comes.
It does not matter which MyCIC account you use. The TRV will be a new separate application for your child. Like Pr applications, TRVs are filed for each individual.

Reactions: djohne

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon !

I wanted to check with you if you had any input regarding my situation. I tried scouring the forum to find some answers or anyone with a similar situation, but so far I haven't. Both I and my girlfriend had submitted our applications last year (AOR Jan 6th, 2020) Since we didn't have plans to marry at that time, we had applied individually for PR under FSW. As per the GCMS notes that we requested last year in June, our applications were in progress and we had cleared most of the checks. Since the travel restrictions started, we hadn't seen any changes. On Jan 27th, 2021 we got married. In Feb, we both informed IRCC through webmail about the change of marital status with the following message:

"Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to inform you about an update to my marital status. I got married on Jan 27th, 2021 to xxx. My spouse had also submitted her application for Permanent Residency under the Express Entry Program. Following are the details of her Express Entry application: Last Name: xxx First Name: xxx Unique Client Identifier (UCI): xxx Application number: xxx . Please find attached the Government-Issued marriage certificate with this Webform for your reference. Kindly let me know if you would require any additional information or document(s) to update the marital status in our applications. I would like to request information about how our individual applications would proceed based on this update. Kindly note that xxx would also be raising a Webform to provide this same update on her application. Thanks, xxx"

We both got the following mail response from IRCC :

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• Marriage Certificate
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.
If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.
Furthermore, if you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required."

We have not received any updates after that. Do you have any info about how they would proceed here? Do we need to ask/provide anything additional to this? Since they already have been processing our individual files, will they need medicals and other documents again? Also, will our applications be merged or will they be processed individually as non accompanying spouse?

Thanks in advance!!
Since IRCC already has all the information they need, they would just change your marital status on your individual files and process them with spouse as non-accompanying, since each of your have already submitted a PR application each.

Also, after a few weeks you can consider requesting GCMS notes see if your spouse's information has been updated.

vinban17

Apr 24, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon,

All of my stages were passed on May 27, waiting for the confirmation mail. All applicants are inland.
The issue which I wanted to discuss here is that "My son's Indian passport is going to expire on Dec 12, 2021, so it's only 6 months left if we don't get COPR till Jun 12th."
Did IRCC consider mandatory 6 months validity for a passport before issuing the COPR for an inland applicant?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

All of my stages were passed on May 27, waiting for the confirmation mail. All applicants are inland.
The issue which I wanted to discuss here is that "My son's Indian passport is going to expire on Dec 12, 2021, so it's only 6 months left if we don't get COPR till Jun 12th."
Did IRCC consider mandatory 6 months validity for a passport before issuing the COPR for an inland applicant?
IF you are in Canada, then the validity of the passport is immaterial since your do not need a PR visa, as you will get a COPR. However, IRCC will make sure that all passport are valid.

So go ahead and renew the passport. Once done, you can inform IRCC via webform and send a copy of the bio pages of the new passport. If you receive a COPR before that, no need to be worried, and the Passport number on the COPR can be an older expired one.