+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon just a quick question, I have a new current application in progress under express entry however my previous application was cancelled due to the application being incomplete but the status of the application still shows "your action required" and no message on what action to be taken(only a message on why the application is cancelled) and fees has been refunded too.

Is that a technical bug or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
There are/is people/person skewing others' understanding of what it means to be a licenced lawyer.

A lawyer by training is NOT the same as a licensed lawyer.

Double check and call the Canadian provincial Law Society to ensure you’re actually dealing with a lawyer who typically has seven years of university education and a call to the bar.

siju6789

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Since IRCC already has all the information they need, they would just change your marital status on your individual files and process them with spouse as non-accompanying, since each of your have already submitted a PR application each.

Also, after a few weeks you can consider requesting GCMS notes see if your spouse's information has been updated.
@legalfalcon thank you for the reply! That was very encouraging to know. We will be submitting another GCMS request like you suggested.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thank you for the reply! That was very encouraging to know. We will be submitting another GCMS request like you suggested.

Also, when your spouse is added to your application, you will be able to see their UCI number in your MyCIC account, right below where you see your, which is another indication.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon just a quick question, I have a new current application in progress under express entry however my previous application was cancelled due to the application being incomplete but the status of the application still shows "your action required" and no message on what action to be taken(only a message on why the application is cancelled) and fees has been refunded too.

Is that a technical bug or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.
Did you get an official notification that your application has been withdrawn and a refund of your application fee? If so, then you need not worry.

Also, you can call IRCC and send a webform to confirm that your previous application was indeed withdrawn if you did not receive a formal notification. Once an application is withdrawn, MyCIC account does not show withdrawn and is left pending as is.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Did you get an official notification that your application has been withdrawn and a refund of your application fee? If so, then you need not worry.

Also, you can call IRCC and send a webform to confirm that your previous application was indeed withdrawn if you did not receive a formal notification. Once an application is withdrawn, MyCIC account does not show withdrawn and is left pending as is.
Yes @legalfalcon they have sent me a message containing a PDF document stating the application is cancelled due to incomplete application and also they have refunded the fees too. On July 2020, I mailed them asking for refund and they replied saying "refunded". Guess I don't have to worry about it then.

Temitee002

Jan 26, 2021
Praiseeeee the Lord, the mercies of the Lord is great for all those that believe..... Finally, I became a Canadian PR today. It all took 4 business days and God changed my story for the best.- see below

AOR - Aug 18, 2020
VO: Ottawa
Passed all stages : March 26
Emailed my MP on May 25 for assistance due to the delay
First email ( portal confirmation): Friday May 28, responded same day
An officer reached back to me on Monday May31 asking the same details: I responded within 10 mins
Received portal credentials yesterday, June 2 and I uploaded and declared I’m in Canada within minutes
Today, June 3 at about 10:20, I received multiple emails- logged into my acccount and behold, I was able to download my ECOPR

All this happened this week- Monday to today (Thursday)
@legalfalcon thank you for all that you do
Your endless support is greatly appreciated

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes @legalfalcon they have sent me a message containing a PDF document stating the application is cancelled due to incomplete application and also they have refunded the fees too. On July 2020, I mailed them asking for refund and they replied saying "refunded". Guess I don't have to worry about it then.
You are all good.!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Praiseeeee the Lord, the mercies of the Lord is great for all those that believe..... Finally, I became a Canadian PR today. It all took 4 business days and God changed my story for the best.- see below

AOR - Aug 18, 2020
VO: Ottawa
Passed all stages : March 26
Emailed my MP on May 25 for assistance due to the delay
First email ( portal confirmation): Friday May 28, responded same day
An officer reached back to me on Monday May31 asking the same details: I responded within 10 mins
Received portal credentials yesterday, June 2 and I uploaded and declared I’m in Canada within minutes
Today, June 3 at about 10:20, I received multiple emails- logged into my acccount and behold, I was able to download my ECOPR

All this happened this week- Monday to today (Thursday)
@legalfalcon thank you for all that you do
Your endless support is greatly appreciated
Heartiest Congratulations @Temitee002

All the best for the journey ahead!!

Reactions: Temitee002

brightburn

Jun 3, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I hope you are doing well.

Please help me with your advice, I am curious and scared at the same time.

I have a PR application is in progress AOR 23 April, 2021. (Completeness, Medical, Bio, Criminality, Info sharing all complete) Only eligibility and Security is balanced.

However, I am scared that my file may be rejected, as I have claimed the Job offer points. details are as follows.

1.I have been working in Canada since March 2020 to date on a close work permit, Intra company transfer (specialized knowledge, LMIA exempt).

2.I have a job offer letter which has been given by the employer stated, “temporary work permit for two years to be issued” dated Feb -2020. It’s the same Job offer

3.I have a work permit valid until March 2022.

Questions
1. With all the above details, can I claim 50 additional points of a Job offer while applying for PR?
2. I have uploaded, T4, All salary slips from Canada Company , Job offer letter(#2 above), Work permit, and the Employment reference letter are these enough to claim 50 points?
3.If not, Can I create 2nd profile and remove Job offer(50) points? If I get an ITA, then I will not accept it till the time existing, processing PR application gets rejected by any means, is this possible ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I hope you are doing well.

Please help me with your advice, I am curious and scared at the same time.

I have a PR application is in progress AOR 23 April, 2021. (Completeness, Medical, Bio, Criminality, Info sharing all complete) Only eligibility and Security is balanced.

However, I am scared that my file may be rejected, as I have claimed the Job offer points. details are as follows.

1.I have been working in Canada since March 2020 to date on a close work permit, Intra company transfer (specialized knowledge, LMIA exempt).

2.I have a job offer letter which has been given by the employer stated, “temporary work permit for two years to be issued” dated Feb -2020. It’s the same Job offer

3.I have a work permit valid until March 2022.

Questions
1. With all the above details, can I claim 50 additional points of a Job offer while applying for PR?
2. I have uploaded, T4, All salary slips from Canada Company , Job offer letter(#2 above), Work permit, and the Employment reference letter are these enough to claim 50 points?
3.If not, Can I create 2nd profile and remove Job offer(50) points? If I get an ITA, then I will not accept it till the time existing, processing PR application gets rejected by any means, is this possible ?
1. YEs, you can claim 50 points. you have to meet the following:

A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
2. Ideally your work reference letter should have had the above statement. If it is not there or if your employer does not provide one, then you can explain in LoE that you have been given a WP for 2 years, which would de facto suggest that the employer is willing to employe you for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa is issued.

brightburn

Jun 3, 2021
1. YEs, you can claim 50 points. you have to meet the following:

A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • not seasonal
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
2. Ideally your work reference letter should have had the above statement. If it is not there or if your employer does not provide one, then you can explain in LoE that you have been given a WP for 2 years, which would de facto suggest that the employer is willing to employe you for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa is issued.
Ok that's seems reasonable.
However, my consultant has submitted my profile, so I am not sure about LOE.

When I had a call(11th may) with IRCC agent, she said all stages are passed except the eligibility and the security(that was not started).
No ADR yet.

But, can you please shed some light on 3rd question?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY