17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ...
My question is about applying for a US visitor visa but it does involves my Canadian PR application.

-1- Can my application for the Canadian permanent residence help in my US visitor visa by proofing to the US consular that I am not willing to stay in the US and I am leaving USA after a certain amount of time? Or it's better not to mention anything about my Canadian PR during my interview at the US embassy?

-2- Right now I don't have my COPR nor my Canadian visa. Let's say that it would be helpful to show to the consular that at least my application is still in process, what documents should I show him? My ITA and AOR?

-3- I passed all the stages, including security, info sharing, and criminality. I know that Canada shares some of our info with the US. Since I passed the Canadian background checks, will that help the Americans when they check my background?

Thanks a lot for your usual help!!

1. No, it will not have any impact. However, if you are a Canadian PR, then that is a stronger ground. An application in process has no impact, because it can be rejected too. No decisions can be based on an application that is processing.

2. See 1.

3. No. To read on what info sharing is, see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/privacy-impact-assessment/us-canada-information-sharing-treaty.html

When you file an application, it will be processed as per the procedure.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon my eligibility is passed on page 2 of the GCMS and notes section says A11.2 is recommended pass by case processing agent. Now will the officer review my pof again by any chance?

The officer can review the documents, or even make a decision contrary to the what the analyst made, though are. To see how your notes will look after your eligibility is conclusively passed, see #4,004

happyguy2021

Feb 13, 2021
1. No, it will not have any impact. However, if you are a Canadian PR, then that is a stronger ground. An application in process has no impact, because it can be rejected too. No decisions can be based on an application that is processing.

2. See 1.

3. No. To read on what info sharing is, see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/privacy-impact-assessment/us-canada-information-sharing-treaty.html

When you file an application, it will be processed as per the procedure.
Hello again @legalfalcon
Thanks for your response.

Let’s say that my US visit visa, that I applied for today, got rejected and refused. Will that have an impact on my ongoing Canadian eAPR application? Should I tell IRCC that I recently applied for US visa and got rejected by the US?
Noting that the time when I submitted my eAPR, I had no previous visa refusals..

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello again @legalfalcon
Thanks for your response.

Let’s say that my US visit visa, that I applied for today, got rejected and refused. Will that have an impact on my ongoing Canadian eAPR application? Should I tell IRCC that I recently applied for US visa and got rejected by the US?
Noting that the time when I submitted my eAPR, I had no previous visa refusals..

Thanks a lot!
No, a visa refusal has no impact on the processing of your PR application, unless the refusal was because of criminality, human rights violations or any similar concerns. Also, if you have already submitted your application, and then your US visa was refused, you do not need to inform IRCC, as all information as on the date you submit your application, has to be valid.

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
@legalfalcon i have ordered gcms notes 1 month 1 week ago bit no reply yet from them in my email, i did reply throigh a representative, will they send notes to me or to rep?
Also i applied for my Sowp extention, so i have 2 applications submitted now to Ircc, will that also delay the approval process, my Aor was sept 2020.
Thanks in advance

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon i have ordered gcms notes 1 month 1 week ago bit no reply yet from them in my email, i did reply throigh a representative, will they send notes to me or to rep?
Also i applied for my Sowp extention, so i have 2 applications submitted now to Ircc, will that also delay the approval process, my Aor was sept 2020.
Thanks in advance
The GCMS notes will be sent at the email address that you provided when you requested for them. Requesting GCMS note has noting to do with your representative.

Also, currently there are delays in the release of GCMS notes. As per IRCC's 2020 ATIP report, between 2019-2020, 49% of the requests filed with IRCC were delayed and 6% took longer than 120 days to be released.

To read more on this, see https://bit.ly/30r311R

As regards the extension of SOWP, each application is processed on its own merits. One application will not delay the other.

Reactions: raj90

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes

Received my gcms: page 2 assessment says eligibility is passed & criminality “not started”. But in criminality notes section, criminality 2 is mentioned as bio-pass, and criminality 1 is not started..any idea on that? because all your previous posts say criminality will be passed before eligibility

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
The GCMS notes will be sent at the email address that you provided when you requested for them. Requesting GCMS note has noting to do with your representative.

Also, currently there are delays in the release of GCMS notes. As per IRCC's 2020 ATIP report, between 2019-2020, 49% of the requests filed with IRCC were delayed and 6% took longer than 120 days to be released.

To read more on this, see

As regards the extension of SOWP, each application is processed on its own merits. One application will not delay the other.
Thank you so much

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Received my gcms: page 2 assessment says eligibility is passed & criminality “not started”. But in criminality notes section, criminality 2 is mentioned as bio-pass, and criminality 1 is not started..any idea on that? because all your previous posts say criminality will be passed before eligibility

In most cases criminality is passed fairly quickly and before eligibility, but criminality can be pending too if your biometrics are not on file and have not yet been evaluated, or have not been updated. Bio-Pass means that based on your bio info, and the PCC, criminality is passed, but your biometrics also have to be vetted by RCMP.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016

To read more on this, see

@legalfalcon ,
Recevd gcms notes shows
Eligib passed, criminality in progress, securtiy not started, infosharing is complete, medicals passed too. Could not find exact imformation about biometrics whether its passed or not although received in novemeber, last update was on 26 novemeber only. Also what is the 'research' and voluntary research thing.
Plz comment on my status too, what i can expect further for my application. Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If your criminality is progress then your biometrics would be on file. Biometrics re required for criminality.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/corporate-initiatives/biometrics/process-steps-2018.html

Also age biometrics info will be on your MyCIC account.

Research and voluntary research pertains to the research questions you are asked in your application. If your eligibility is conclusively passed (see #4,004 ) then your security will be initiated soon.

In most cases, security is a fairly quick process and as per the security manual an average processing takes 110 days, but if an application asunder comprehensive security screening, it may take longer.

It will also depend on whether your security screening is a record check or a comprehensive check. Record checks are fairly quicker and for inland applicants.

Also, security screening is initiated by IRCC when it sends a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners. Currently there are many application for which SS has not been initiated and eligibility is passed.

To read on security screening, see https://bit.ly/3aI3FxX

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
If your criminality is progress then your biometrics would be on file. Biometrics re required for criminality.

Also age biometrics info will be on your MyCIC account.

Research and voluntary research pertains to the research questions you are asked in your application. If your eligibility is conclusively passed (see #4,004 ) then your security will be initiated soon.

In most cases, security is a fairly quick process and as per the security manual an average processing takes 110 days, but if an application asunder comprehensive security screening, it may take longer.

It will also depend on whether your security screening is a record check or a comprehensive check. Record checks are fairly quicker and for inland applicants.

Also, security screening is initiated by IRCC when it sends a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners. Currently there are many application for which SS has not been initiated and eligibility is passed.

To read on
Its just written eligibility " passed -candidate", there is no mentioning of case analyst or officer as i saw on your post of #4004. May be gcms notes are changed now as compared to last year? In addition next recalculation date for my crs is august 2021. I hope until that i will get PR