Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
March is Fraud Prevention Month

Minister Mendicino marks Fraud Prevention Month

Statement
Ottawa, March 5, 2021 — The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, today issued the following statement:
“Canada is one of the top destinations in the world for immigration and travel, with millions of people from across the globe hoping to come here every year. When submitting their applications, some turn to consultants or other services for assistance – and while most consultants operate honestly, unscrupulous actors sometimes exploit the system and take advantage of people.
“The Government of Canada continues to take meaningful action to root out immigration fraud and protect those who wish to come here. We’ve implemented several new measures to strengthen our system, from increased oversight of applications to public awareness campaigns around the world. Most importantly, we have committed nearly $50 million to fight fraud over the next few years and have created a new College to improve oversight of immigration consultants and crack down on criminals.
“Immigration fraud targets people who want to come to Canada in good faith. Sadly, the pandemic has exacerbated these troubling activities, with new ways for dishonest individuals to defraud clients. That’s why we’re redoubling our efforts to combat fraud. It’s important that anyone applying to visit or immigrate to Canada knows the facts:
  • Canada assess all applications on the same merit – whether they are submitted by applicants themselves, or by representatives.
  • Canada does not require applicants to hire immigration representatives.
  • Applicants should hire only authorized immigration and citizenship consultants, lawyers or Quebec notaries.
  • IRCC clearly states all requirements to come to Canada on our website.
Fighting fraud requires all of us to be vigilant, informed and prepared. We will continue our work to protect Canadians and those wishing to come here, and will always uphold the security and integrity of Canada’s immigration system.”
March is Fraud Prevention Month. To find out about immigration fraud and where to report it, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/protect-fraud.html.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
By September vaccination will see a great development in Canada so most probably after that travel restriction will be lifted.
COVID-19 vaccines could allow toughest restrictions to lift before September: Tam

Canada’s chief public health officer says results from COVID-19 vaccinations are so encouraging that she thinks the need for massive lockdowns could be over before the end of the summer.

“It will it even (be) before September, I think, depending on a number of factors, such as vaccine uptake, ongoing monitoring of other variants, and how vaccine coverage is provided,” Dr. Theresa Tam said Tuesday at a news conference in Ottawa.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/covid-19-vaccines-could-allow-toughest-restrictions-to-lift-before-september-tam

Reactions: Dikku1111

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
COVID-19 vaccines could allow toughest restrictions to lift before September: Tam

Canada’s chief public health officer says results from COVID-19 vaccinations are so encouraging that she thinks the need for massive lockdowns could be over before the end of the summer.

“It will it even (be) before September, I think, depending on a number of factors, such as vaccine uptake, ongoing monitoring of other variants, and how vaccine coverage is provided,” Dr. Theresa Tam said Tuesday at a news conference in Ottawa.

https://torontosun.com/news/national/covid-19-vaccines-could-allow-toughest-restrictions-to-lift-before-september-tam

@legalfalcon considering the current scenario then when are you predicting that CIC might start issuing PPR letters to the Outland applicants?

Reactions: Dikku1111

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
IRCC has mentioned that there is no need to send any ready for travel emails. They will contact applicants themselves.

If you have a sibling, you can apply for a TRV and AL.
Just a question, if I apply for the TRV, what happens to my PR application?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon considering the current scenario then when are you predicting that CIC might start issuing PPR letters to the Outland applicants?
As soon as the first indication of easing of travel restrictions comes in or is contemplated by the federal government. I would say late to mid summer.

Reactions: Midnight Blessing

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just a question, if I apply for the TRV, what happens to my PR application?

Each application is processed as per its own merits.

IRPA s 22 states:

• 22 (1) A foreign national becomes a temporary resident if an officer is satisfied that the foreign national has applied for that status, has met the obligations set out in paragraph 20(1)(b), is not inadmissible and is not the subject of a declaration made under subsection 22.1(1).
  • Marginal note:Dual intent
    (2) An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.

Having 2 intents (1 for temporary residence and 1 for permanent residence) is legitimate. This section addresses how to apply subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) to the decision-making process.

The possibility that an applicant for temporary residence may, at some point in the future, be approved for permanent residence does not absolve the individual from meeting the requirements of a temporary resident, specifically the requirement to leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay, in accordance with section 179 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Interesting tweet

On August 31, 2020 around 16% of IRCC's domestic staff were on leave, as were 39% of overseas staff. I publish this not to criticize IRCC measures to protect employee health and respond to local COVID measures, but because people deserve to know a part of why files are delayed.

(soon to be recycled in FB group EEwithFF ....)

• Wow
Reactions: Haitham Calgary
Oct 13, 2020
@legalfalcon for your inputs pls.
My case -
1) 4 years of work experience in same NOC (in same company too) to claim CRS point

2) Got required reference letter from my supervisor on last of my job 28th Feb 2021.

3) My ex supervisor is going to retire on 31st March 2021.

Query:
whether there will be any problem in work experience verification as contact details (phone number and email id) provided in reference letter is of my ex supervisor?

Thank you.

tallzeez

Feb 20, 2021
My case -
1) 4 years of work experience in same NOC (in same company too) to claim CRS point

2) Got required reference letter from my supervisor on last of my job 28th Feb 2021.

Query:
whether there will be any problem in work experience verification as contact details (phone number and email id) provided in reference letter is of my ex supervisor?

Thank you.
I'm not LegalFalcon but maybe ask if your reference letter can be rewritten with a second person's contact details as well, indicating two people for contact such as your retiring manager's next in line or someone from HR?

Oct 13, 2020
I'm not LegalFalcon but maybe ask if your reference letter can be rewritten with a second person's contact details as well, indicating two people for contact such as your retiring manager's next in line or someone from HR?
Thank you for your reply.
I guess it is next to impossible to get one more reference letter from the new person because of these two reasons:
1) It is a PSU (govt. undertaking)
2) I was relieved from the position last month.

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon my eligibility is passed on page 2 of gcms and notes section says A11.2 is recommended pass by case processing agent. Now will the officer review my pof again by any chance?

happyguy2021

Feb 13, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon ...
My question is about applying for a US visitor visa but it does involves my Canadian PR application.

-1- Can my application for the Canadian permanent residence help in my US visitor visa by proofing to the US consular that I am not willing to stay in the US and I am leaving USA after a certain amount of time? Or it's better not to mention anything about my Canadian PR during my interview at the US embassy?

-2- Right now I don't have my COPR nor my Canadian visa. Let's say that it would be helpful to show to the consular that at least my application is still in process, what documents should I show him? My ITA and AOR?

-3- I passed all the stages, including security, info sharing, and criminality. I know that Canada shares some of our info with the US. Since I passed the Canadian background checks, will that help the Americans when they check my background?

Thanks a lot for your usual help!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My case -

Query:

Thank you.

As per IRCC all work reference letters should have the following:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
It does not matter whether the person who is signing has left the organisation or not. IRCC does not contact all employers for verification, but in case they do, They can reach the organization, the contact details of which are on the letter head.