17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
Since Canada isn't allowing outland approved COPR holders to come to Canada if those documents were issued after 18 March 2020, why did they issue COPRs to some outlanders recently? I was tracking myimmitracker.com website and last couple of months, some outland PR applicants got COPR. That's weird. Does IRCC only issue COPR to outland immediate or extended family where they may be able to come?

Thanks a lot!
It is true that some applicants are receiving COPRs. It could be that case that they are getting it based on their request that they are extended or immediate family members.

Also, eventfully they will have to give COPRs to all outlaw applicants once the travel restrictions are relaxed, which should be late summer hopefully.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

Do you know what does it mean if the GCSM notes "Page 21-32 are withheld pursuant to section 16 (2)(C)"
Thanks
When any information is released under the Access to Information Act, a federal agency can redact information which is exempt form disclosure. Once of the exemptions is under s16 and what it is listed in detail in the ATIP manual. This is common and all most all GCMS notes will have some information redacted under this section.

s16(2)(c) states:
  • Security
    (2) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains information that could reasonably be expected to facilitate the commission of an offence, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
    • (a) on criminal methods or techniques;
    • (b) that is technical information relating to weapons or potential weapons; or
    • (c) on the vulnerability of particular buildings or other structures or systems, including computer or communication systems, or methods employed to protect such buildings or other structures or systems.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/services/access-information-privacy/access-information/access-information-manual.html#cha11_4

11.4 Section 16 of the Act – Law enforcement, investigations, and security of penal institutions
Section 16 of the Access to Information Act (the Act) contains a series of discretionary and mandatory exemptions and class-based and injury-based exemptions that aim to protect:

• effective law enforcement, including criminal law enforcement;
  • the integrity and effectiveness of other types of investigative activitiesSee footnote [11-4] — for example, ordinary administrative investigations under an Act of Parliament, investigations in regulatory areas, and air accident investigations; and
  • the security of penal institutions.
Each of its first three subsections constitutes, in and of itself, an exemption to be considered independently of other subsections. Subsection 16(4) of the Access to InformationAct defines the term “investigation” for the purpose of paragraphs 16(1)(b) and (c).

11.4.5 Subsection 16(2) – Facilitating the commission of an offence
Subsection 16(2) of the Access to InformationAct is a discretionary injury test exemption providing protection for information that could reasonably be expected to facilitate the commission of an offence.

Paragraphs (a), (b) and (c) provide examples of the types of information to which this exemption may apply. The examples specify information:

• (a) on criminal methods or techniques;
  • (b) that is technical information relating to weapons or potential weapons; or
  • (c) on the vulnerability of particular buildings or other structures or systems, including computer or communication systems, or methods employed to protect such buildings or other structures or systems.
The list of information cited in the subsection is for illustrative purposes only and is not exhaustive. A government institution must have a reasonable expectation that the release of the requested information would facilitate the commission of an offence. Included in the exemption is information on criminal methods and techniques (that is, the modus operandi of the criminal world). Included as well is information on weapons technology (for example, how to make a bomb) and information about the vulnerability of both public and private sector buildings, structures or systems, including computer and communication systems, and methods employed to protect such buildings, structures and systems. A government institution may, for example, refuse to disclose the security plans or other information about the vulnerable aspects of federal government buildings and other installations that would be of strategic importance in civil emergencies or time of war.

Most of this information could most likely be protected under subsection 16(1), but subsection 16(2) is intended to make it easier to process specific requests for information of this nature.

Reactions: Ottawa-applicant

happyguy2021

Feb 13, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon
I have a question regarding getting police certificate for the Canadian citizenship

In the application, there is a question that states "In the past four (4) years, were you in a country or territory other than Canada for 183 or more in a row? (Since the age of 18)?

Let's say that within those 4 years, I was in Country X for more than 183 days in a row, should I get a police clearance certificate from Country X after I leave the country for good? Or Can I get it before I leave it?

Thanks for your help

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I have a question regarding getting police certificate for the Canadian citizenship

In the application, there is a question that states "In the past four (4) years, were you in a country or territory other than Canada for 183 or more in a row? (Since the age of 18)?

Let's say that within those 4 years, I was in Country X for more than 183 days in a row, should I get a police clearance certificate from Country X after I leave the country for good? Or Can I get it before I leave it?

Thanks for your help
Police certificate(s)

You need to provide a police certificate from each country, other than Canada, if you were there

• in the past 4 years
  • for 183 days or more in a row
  • since the age of 18
Indicate in the chart the name of each country and provide a police certificate.

You don’t need to provide a police certificate if

• you were in your country of origin immediately prior to becoming a permanent resident and landing in Canada, and
  • this time falls within the past 4 years
If you can’t get a police certificate, tell us why in the explanation box.

To be valid, the police certificate must be either issued

• after the last time you were in that country, or
  • no more than 6 months before the date you sign your citizenship application
We may request a police certificate at any point during processing, even if you submitted a valid certificate with your application.

Find out how to get a police certificate

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
@legalfalcon : I got my GCMS notes from CBSA and I don't see info sharing fields like sharing with USA like this in notes. My info sharing is still in progress so wanted to check the reason, do you know in which page I need to check or which field is info sharing. Please help me

Info sharing section is blank. Is this expected in CBSA notes?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon : I got my GCMS notes from CBSA and I don't see info sharing fields like sharing with USA like this in notes. My info sharing is still in progress so wanted to check the reason, do you know in which page I need to check or which field is info sharing. Please help me

Info sharing section is blank. Is this expected in CBSA notes?
The agency you request the notes from will release the information under their control. When you request GCMS notes from IRCC, the security is redacted as it is under the control of CBSA / CSIS,; similarly info sharing is under control of IRCC and will be redacted if requested from CBSA.

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
The agency you request the notes from will release the information under their control. When you request GCMS notes from IRCC, the security is redacted as it is under the control of CBSA / CSIS,; similarly info sharing is under control of IRCC and will be redacted if requested from CBSA.
Thanks @legalfalcon

Reactions: legalfalcon

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,@caipsnotes my dependent son on my application turned 18 this January. Will this be known as complex application and delay my application. AOR May 16. Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Grehoundy

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Got remedical request in January saw my GCMS notes today
**OFFICER REVIEW** EE Eligibility: passed. Based on documents submitted and assessment of Case Analyst/
Processing Agent, I am reasonably satisfied that PA met the minimum requirements of CEC/FSW programs
regulations. PA meets the definition of provincial nominee and selection under PN program. I am satisfied that
PÅ meets A11.2 assessment. PA appears to have the ability to become economically established in the
nominated province. I am satisfied that PA meets eligibility under EE-M1 PV2.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Got remedical request in January saw my GCMS notes today
**OFFICER REVIEW** EE Eligibility: passed. Based on documents submitted and assessment of Case Analyst/
Processing Agent, I am reasonably satisfied that PA met the minimum requirements of CEC/FSW programs
regulations. PA meets the definition of provincial nominee and selection under PN program. I am satisfied that
PÅ meets A11.2 assessment. PA appears to have the ability to become economically established in the
nominated province. I am satisfied that PA meets eligibility under EE-M1 PV2.
That's confirms that Eligibility has been conclusively passed by an officer.