+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

happyguy2021

Feb 13, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon
I am FSW-O applicant and I passed all the stages and waiting the final decision letter. I am calling IRCC and they keep telling me that I just have to wait for the corona and travel restrictions to be lifted. Is there an ending for this tunnel? Can you give me some good news or hopes? May something positive happen in the near future?
Thanks a lot!!

DD2020

Apr 11, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon. I have a query for which nobody seems to have clarity. I would really appreciate it If you can help me with my question.

I applied for PR from New Delhi under the express entry program and received my COPR in Jan 2020. Unfortunately, I could not land to confirm my status during the lockdown and my PR expired in May 2020. Since then I have attempted to convey my travel readiness but have not received a COPR renewal or authorization letter from IRCC.

I read about travel exemptions for people traveling from the USA to Canada. I am visiting States soon as a tourist and wanted to ask if I need an authorization letter in order to land in Canada from the USA or can I travel as it is with my expired documents?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
I am FSW-O applicant and I passed all the stages and waiting the final decision letter. I am calling IRCC and they keep telling me that I just have to wait for the corona and travel restrictions to be lifted. Is there an ending for this tunnel? Can you give me some good news or hopes? May something positive happen in the near future?
Thanks a lot!!
I don't like predictions nor do I want to give false hopes. But the good news is that Canada has procured enough vaccine doses and soon things should get back to normal, or at least have some relaxation from all the lockdowns and restrictions.

Mom of mid to late summer for things to start changing.

Reactions: Haitham Calgary

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon. I have a query for which nobody seems to have clarity. I would really appreciate it If you can help me with my question.

I applied for PR from New Delhi under the express entry program and received my COPR in Jan 2020. Unfortunately, I could not land to confirm my status during the lockdown and my PR expired in May 2020. Since then I have attempted to convey my travel readiness but have not received a COPR renewal or authorization letter from IRCC.

I read about travel exemptions for people traveling from the USA to Canada. I am visiting States soon as a tourist and wanted to ask if I need an authorization letter in order to land in Canada from the USA or can I travel as it is with my expired documents?
IRCC has clearly stated that if your COPR has expired, you will have to wait for IRCC to contact you.

If we approved your permanent residence application and we issued you a COPR on or before March 18, 2020, you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.

However, you can’t travel to Canada on expired documents. We’ll contact you (if we haven’t already) to ask you if you’re able to travel to Canada now, to live and settle here. After we receive your reply, we will respond to you within 4 weeks. Once we approve you to come to Canada, we’ll issue you the documents you need to travel.

As regards entering Canada from the US:

All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet one of the following requirements:

• You must be travelling directly from the US for a non-discretionary purpose.
  • You must be exempt from the travel restrictions and be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.

If you are a visitor, you are not a resident and not travelling directly from the US. Some information on IRCC website is confusing and seems like if you enter Canada from the US, even if you are not a US resident you are exempt, however, the final decision whether to admit you or not depends on the BSO at the PoE.

Reactions: DD2020

DD2020

Apr 11, 2020
IRCC has clearly stated that if your COPR has expired, you will have to wait for IRCC to contact you.

If we approved your permanent residence application and we issued you a COPR on or before March 18, 2020, you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.

However, you can’t travel to Canada on expired documents. We’ll contact you (if we haven’t already) to ask you if you’re able to travel to Canada now, to live and settle here. After we receive your reply, we will respond to you within 4 weeks. Once we approve you to come to Canada, we’ll issue you the documents you need to travel.

As regards entering Canada from the US:

All other foreign nationals
To be eligible, you must meet one of the following requirements:

• You must be travelling directly from the US for a non-discretionary purpose.
  • You must be exempt from the travel restrictions and be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.

If you are a visitor, you are not a resident and not travelling directly from the US. Some information on IRCC website is confusing and seems like if you enter Canada from the US, even if you are not a US resident you are exempt, however, the final decision whether to admit you or not depends on the BSO at the PoE.
Thanks so much.

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,Need your valuable advice once again for a friend (For some reason he don't want to reveal his identity)

His original plan was to travel with family. However, on arrival at the airport, he was informed by the Airlines Personnel that only his wife and he were authorized to travel as their COPR was originally approved before 18th March 2020 while they did not allow their little daughter to travel as her COPR was approved after 18th March 2020.

# So, now to travel as an immediate family member does she (daughter) require any AL? Knowing her Visa approved after 18th March'20

# Does he need to go again 14 days mandatory quarantine with IFM post arrival?

# Can they join him at the same place of quarantine, considering it has common washroom/toilet?

---
Regards

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,Need your valuable advice once again for a friend (For some reason he don't want to reveal his identity)

His original plan was to travel with family. However, on arrival at the airport, he was informed by the Airlines Personnel that only his wife and he were authorized to travel as their COPR was originally approved before 18th March 2020 while they did not allow their little daughter to travel as her COPR was approved after 18th March 2020.

# So, now to travel as an immediate family member does she (daughter) require any AL? Knowing her Visa approved after 18th March'20

# Can they join him at the same place of quarantine, considering it has common washroom/toilet?

---
Regards
Has the person who is the primary applicant landed in Canada as a PR. If yes, then the family can travel as an immediate family member and do not need an AL.

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Has the person who is the primary applicant landed in Canada as a PR. If yes, then the family can travel as an immediate family member and do not need an AL.
Yes he has landed.

Pls answer this part as well.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes he has landed.

Pls answer this part as well.

The quarantine requirement is only for people who enter Canada. There will be Provincial requirements too. However, there is no rule as such to quarantine with IFM, however, if you are living in the same household with people who came from a different Province or out of Canada, without separate living conditions, you will be bette foo quarantining to help spread COVID.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#a1.5

For those in isolation, you're required to stay inside.

You're strongly urged to make housing arrangements for quarantine or isolation before you arrive in Canada. In most cases, this can be in your own home or in the same place you're visiting in Canada.

If this isn't possible, you should consider making alternative arrangements that are within your own financial means. A suitable place is one where you:

• won't have contact with people who are vulnerable, such as those who:
    • are 65 years or older
    • have underlying medical conditions
    • have compromised immune systems
  • aren't in a group living environment, such as:
    • student residences
    • long-term care facilities
    • industrial camps
    • living in the same household with large families or many people where there's close contact and you share common spaces
  • can stay for at least 14 days (and possibly longer)
  • have access to basic necessities, including water, food, medication and heat during the winter months
Exceptions to staying with a vulnerable person include if:

• they're a consenting adult
  • they're either the parent or the minor in a parent-minor relationship
Before you travel, you must plan to quarantine or isolate in a suitable place. If you don't, you may be assessed further by a government representative at the border. If you can't quarantine in your own home, consider other options within your financial means, such as:

• hotel
  • motel
  • other paid housing
  • friends or family, as long as you won't expose anyone who:
    • is not part of your travel group
    • is at risk of more severe outcomes of COVID-19

Reactions: IndiaDgreat

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
The quarantine requirement is only for people who enter Canada. There will be Provincial requirements too. However, there is no rule as such to quarantine with IFM, however, if you are living in the same household with people who came from a different Province or out of Canada, without separate living conditions, you will be bette foo quarantining to help spread COVID.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#a1.5

For those in isolation, you're required to stay inside.

You're strongly urged to make housing arrangements for quarantine or isolation before you arrive in Canada. In most cases, this can be in your own home or in the same place you're visiting in Canada.

If this isn't possible, you should consider making alternative arrangements that are within your own financial means. A suitable place is one where you:

• won't have contact with people who are vulnerable, such as those who:
    • are 65 years or older
    • have underlying medical conditions
    • have compromised immune systems
  • aren't in a group living environment, such as:
    • student residences
    • long-term care facilities
    • industrial camps
    • living in the same household with large families or many people where there's close contact and you share common spaces
  • can stay for at least 14 days (and possibly longer)
  • have access to basic necessities, including water, food, medication and heat during the winter months
Exceptions to staying with a vulnerable person include if:

• they're a consenting adult
  • they're either the parent or the minor in a parent-minor relationship
Before you travel, you must plan to quarantine or isolate in a suitable place. If you don't, you may be assessed further by a government representative at the border. If you can't quarantine in your own home, consider other options within your financial means, such as:

• hotel
  • motel
  • other paid housing
  • friends or family, as long as you won't expose anyone who:
    • is not part of your travel group
    • is at risk of more severe outcomes of COVID-19
Thankyou for the detailed information !!

Reactions: legalfalcon

happyguy2021

Feb 13, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon
Since Canada isn't allowing outland approved COPR holders to come to Canada if those documents were issued after 18 March 2020, why did they issue COPRs to some outlanders recently? I was tracking myimmitracker.com website and last couple of months, some outland PR applicants got COPR. That's weird. Does IRCC only issue COPR to outland immediate or extended family where they may be able to come?

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Dikku1111

happyguy2021

Feb 13, 2021
Most of these travel restrictions are ambiguous, just like in the case above, it states "[t]o be able to enter Canada, you must be sponsored by an immediate family member, and coming to Canada to settle permanently."

Now here, does sponsored means a sponsorship application? Since if you are an immediate family member, you are exempt from travel restrictions.

If you have an immediate or extended family member and you have an AL, then you can travel as you are exempt, hover, if you have dependents in your application with COPR, they will not be as they are not immediate family members.

Also, some individuals took advantage of this loop hole, where they landed as PR, and then by virtue of them being PR, the rest of their family became an immediate family member and thus exempt from travel restrictions.

The best thing to do would be to wait until the travel restrictions are relaxed.
Hello again @legalfalcon
There is something which I can not understand. I was reading on how to reunite with my extended family member. When talking about authorization letters, the official website of Canada states that "How you request a written authorization depends on whether or not you already have a valid travel document (visitor visa or eTA, if needed).

Does those authorization letters are made for people who have only visitor visas or eTA?
What if I have a COPR? Can I apply for an authorization letter if my sister lives in Canada and she is a PR? Or COPR holders can't get benefit of authorization letters?

Thanks for your help!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello again @legalfalcon
There is something which I can not understand. I was reading on how to reunite with my extended family member. When talking about authorization letters, the official website of Canada states that "How you request a written authorization depends on whether or not you already have a valid travel document (visitor visa or eTA, if needed).

Does those authorization letters are made for people who have only visitor visas or eTA?
What if I have a COPR? Can I apply for an authorization letter if my sister lives in Canada and she is a PR? Or COPR holders can't get benefit of authorization letters?

Thanks for your help!
What you quoted above is for people who are starting the process and based on whether they have a visa or not, they may have to apply for one.

If you already have a COPR, you can go ahead explain it in the documents you submit for AL.