+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon, I need a urgent help on return label issue for documents sent to OTTAWA/VISA.
I have used UPS service to ship to Ottawa. In my return label from UPS, the FROM/TO address is same as my USA residence address? I have called IRCC today and they mentioned in the return label the FROM (should be OTTAWA address) and TO (USA residence address). The UPS call center and the location I used to create the shipment/label say the FROM address in the return shipment cannot be assigned CANADA address. Could you please shed some light on how can I resolve this?

Thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, I need a urgent help on return label issue for documents sent to OTTAWA/VISA.
I have used UPS service to ship to Ottawa. In my return label from UPS, the FROM/TO address is same as my USA residence address? I have called IRCC today and they mentioned in the return label the FROM (should be OTTAWA address) and TO (USA residence address). The UPS call center and the location I used to create the shipment/label say the FROM address in the return shipment cannot be assigned CANADA address. Could you please shed some light on how can I resolve this?

Thanks!
What UPS is telling you is incorrect. A lot of applicants ship a return label with from as a Canadian address, and to as a US address. If you are having issues, you can generate a new label online via fedex or UPS and send it electronically to IRCC at the email address you are communication with. If you do not have an email id, you can ask the officer to send you one so that you can send the return label.

The from and to address cannot be the same for international packages.

Chirusua

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hi! @legalfalcon
In the section of address history I wrote that I lived at the address of my home country since the date of ITA (since they asked for the past 10 years), but in reality I was born there and lived pretty much my whole life till i moved to another country. Do you think I need to raise a webform?

sk2701

Oct 22, 2020
What UPS is telling you is incorrect. A lot of applicants ship a return label with from as a Canadian address, and to as a US address. If you are having issues, you can generate a new label online via fedex or UPS and send it electronically to IRCC at the email address you are communication with. If you do not have an email id, you can ask the officer to send you one so that you can send the return label.

The from and to address cannot be the same for international packages.
Thank you very much for the prompt response. Just curious I have sent via UPS as you know on the envelope says UPS. If I now would like to now print a Fedex label will that work? I am not sure if the CPCO office will use the same UPS envelope I sent or they are going to place all the COPR/Passport in their own envelope and simply stick the return label.

ygarxh

Sep 7, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon , I have a question about info sharing with the U.S.

When I applied for my US visa, the employer name I filled was “AXXXXX” at the time. Originally, I wanted to work for him, and I expected that I would be working for him by the time of the visa interview, so the relevant documents like incumbency certification etc. were issued by the new employer “AXXXXX”.

But later, for some reasons, I did not work for that employer “AXXXXX” and stayed with the old company.

In my Canadian PR application, I did not mention the name of the employer “AXXXXX”. After all, I did not actually work for him. This resulted in an additional Employer “AXXXXX” in my US visa information, will there be any problem in the biographic info sharing with US? Or will it be considered as misrepresentation?

Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi! @legalfalcon
In the section of address history I wrote that I lived at the address of my home country since the date of ITA (since they asked for the past 10 years), but in reality I was born there and lived pretty much my whole life till i moved to another country. Do you think I need to raise a webform?
Only the address history for the last 10 years is required not beyond that. Anything beyond 10 years is insignificant.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , I have a question about info sharing with the U.S.

When I applied for my US visa, the employer name I filled was “AXXXXX” at the time. Originally, I wanted to work for him, and I expected that I would be working for him by the time of the visa interview, so the relevant documents like incumbency certification etc. were issued by the new employer “AXXXXX”.

But later, for some reasons, I did not work for that employer “AXXXXX” and stayed with the old company.

In my Canadian PR application, I did not mention the name of the employer “AXXXXX”. After all, I did not actually work for him. This resulted in an additional Employer “AXXXXX” in my US visa information, will there be any problem in the biographic info sharing with US? Or will it be considered as misrepresentation?

Thank you.
No. Info sharing is very specific and only data as per the agreement is shared, and not everyone under the sun.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/evaluations/biometrics-canada-united-states-immigration-information-sharing-initiatives.html

If you never worked for an employer, you are not obligated to list that employer and it will have no impact in the info sharing.

ygarxh

Sep 7, 2020
Reactions: legalfalcon

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Good day @legalfalcon ,
Today i just cheked and found out that my company I used to work for 4 month (May2019- end September2019) has filed bankruptcy in October 2020 due to the pandemic.
1- I don't know if it affects my application (I read one of your post stated about one guy had security check happened too long because the company he worked bankrupted)
2- I'm living in Halifax ( Nova Scotia Nomination) but using a Ontario phone number (because i don't want to change the number) does it somehow raise a concern from IRCC?

Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Good day @legalfalcon ,
Today i just cheked and found out that my company I used to work for 4 month (May2019- end September2019) has filed bankruptcy in October 2020 due to the pandemic.
1- I don't know if it affects my application (I read one of your post stated about one guy had security check happened too long because the company he worked bankrupted)
2- I'm living in Halifax ( Nova Scotia Nomination) but using a Ontario phone number (because i don't want to change the number) does it somehow raise a concern from IRCC?

Thank you

1. A bankruptcy by itself is not an issue and will have to impact on your application. Most likely the post you are referring to is of an individual whose company was under investigation for wire fraud and money laundering and he was named in the investigation. Companies routinely file for bankruptcy and that is not an issue. Bankruptcy and dissolution of companies is routinely done and not an issue. However, if the company is no longer in existence, you can inform IRCC if you claimed points for this work experience.

2. No, you can live anywhere and use any number, it is irrelevant for the purpose of the processing of your application.

• Love
Reactions: td88

td88

Aug 8, 2019
1. A bankruptcy by itself is not an issue and will have to impact on your application. Most likely the post you are referring to is of an individual whose company was under investigation for wire fraud and money laundering and he was named in the investigation. Companies routinely file for bankruptcy and that is not an issue. Bankruptcy and dissolution of companies is routinely done and not an issue. However, if the company is no longer in existence, you can inform IRCC if you claimed points for this work experience.

2. No, you can live anywhere and use any number, it is irrelevant for the purpose of the processing of your application.
Very clear and informative. You're the man. Thank you.

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Hello, @legalfalcon I'm a CEC applicant waiting for criminality to be cleared and final approval. My medical is expiring on March 9. Any chance that the VO will check the file for giving medical extension and approval in your opinion?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, @legalfalcon I'm a CEC applicant waiting for criminality to be cleared and final approval. My medical is expiring on March 9. Any chance that the VO will check the file for giving medical extension and approval in your opinion?
If your meds are expiring or have expired, they will be sent for reassessment and the Regional Medical Officer will make a determination on whether to extend them to ask for re-med. The VO does not make this decision. However, if you are inland then most likely your meds will be extended or you will received a decision before that.

Reactions: Dhan09

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
If your meds are expiring or have expired, they will be sent for reassessment and the Regional Medical Officer will make a determination on whether to extend them to ask for re-med. The VO does not make this decision. However, if you are inland then most likely your meds will be extended or you will received a decision before that.
yeah I'm inland. Hope will have some news soon. Thank you