+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
IRCC defines immediate family members as:

Definition of immediate family members
The definition of immediate family members set out in the Orders is broader than the definition of family members in subsection 1(3) of the IRPR.

Immediate family members in respect of a person are

• the spouse or common-law partner
  • the dependent children of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
  • any dependent children of a dependent child
  • parents or step-parents
  • parents or step-parents of the spouse or common-law partner
  • guardians or tutors
    • Guardians and tutors are individuals who are responsible for caring for a foreign national minor who is living apart from a parent for an extended period of time, for example to attend a secondary school in Canada. The guardian or tutor should be able to demonstrate that they habitually reside at the same address as the minor. Officers should be flexible in accepting documentary evidence.
For additional information related to the interpretation of a dependent child, consult

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#immediate-family-members

However, if you did not mention your 'boyfriend' as a common law partner in your application, then you cannot claim it now.
Hello @legalfalcon

will he not be considered an extended family as per below? As we were not in common law or married situation ever so I could not mention his details in my EE profile but we are in relationship for past 3 years. Do you think I can apply for AL under extended family?

How to unite with extended family members who are Canadian citizens, people registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent residents
To be considered an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, it depends on who you’re related to and how.

If your relationship is with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, you must be

• in an exclusive dating relationship, have been in the relationship for at least 1 year and have spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship
    • You and the person you’re in the relationship with must both be 18 years of age or older.
  • a non-dependent child (adult child)
  • a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • a grandparent
If you’re related to the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, you must be a

• non-dependent child (adult child)
  • grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
  • sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • grandparent
If you’re related to someone in an exclusive dating relationship with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, you must be a

An exclusive dating relationship means you’re in a romantic relationship with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, and
  • you’re both 18 years of age or older
  • you’ve been in the relationship for at least 1 year
  • you’ve spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship
Examples of an exclusive dating relationship include
  • fiancé(e)s
  • committed romantic partners for at least 1 year who have lived together but don’t meet the definition of common-law
  • boyfriends, girlfriends or any other couple in an intimate, loving relationship
This includes couples in different-sex or same-sex relationships.
  • dependent child

Nadiia333

Sep 26, 2019
Hello
legalfalcon,
Hope you are doing fine.
I've received the msg update on my EE profile, saying that I've passed medicals, as well as a request for biometrics.
Do you know if that means R10 check is already successfully completed?
My eligibility review is in status: "We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements".
My background check is in status "We are processing your background check".
AOR is 16th of Feb, 2021.
Thank you in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

will he not be considered an extended family as per below? As we were not in common law or married situation ever so I could not mention his details in my EE profile but we are in relationship for past 3 years. Do you think I can apply for AL under extended family?

How to unite with extended family members who are Canadian citizens, people registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent residents
To be considered an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, it depends on who you’re related to and how.

If your relationship is with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, you must be

• in an exclusive dating relationship, have been in the relationship for at least 1 year and have spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship
    • You and the person you’re in the relationship with must both be 18 years of age or older.
  • a non-dependent child (adult child)
  • a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child)
  • a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • a grandparent
If you’re related to the spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, you must be a

• sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling
  • grandparent
If you’re related to someone in an exclusive dating relationship with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, you must be a

An exclusive dating relationship means you’re in a romantic relationship with a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident, and
  • you’re both 18 years of age or older
  • you’ve been in the relationship for at least 1 year
  • you’ve spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship
Examples of an exclusive dating relationship include
  • fiancé(e)s
  • committed romantic partners for at least 1 year who have lived together but don’t meet the definition of common-law
  • boyfriends, girlfriends or any other couple in an intimate, loving relationship
This includes couples in different-sex or same-sex relationships.
  • dependent child

Depending on your individual circumstances, you can request for AL. However, AL, is discretionary and will be granted based on the merits of your individual situation.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello
legalfalcon,
Hope you are doing fine.
I've received the msg update on my EE profile, saying that I've passed medicals, as well as a request for biometrics.
Do you know if that means R10 check is already successfully completed?
My eligibility review is in status: "We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements".
My background check is in status "We are processing your background check".
AOR is 16th of Feb, 2021.
Thank you in advance.
One of the indicators of R10 is that you receive a MEP. R10 and MEP are different stages, but getting a MEP does indicate that R10 should be passed.

R10 happens within the first 30-45 days and is the first step of an application, see https://bit.ly/3uriRYi

Reactions: Nadiia333

happyguy2021

Feb 13, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon

I applied for permanent resident (FSW-O) and I am waiting for the final decision. My sister lives in Canada as a permanent resident.
  1. Since my sister is a permanent resident living in Canada, can I fill out the application for authorization and statutory declaration form and hence may be exempted from travel restrictions?
  2. As I said, my permanent residence application is still in progress. I passed all the stages (eligibility, criminality, security, info sharing, and medicals) and waiting for the final decision. At the same time, can I apply for a visitor visa?
Thanks!

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon

Is it possible for eligibility to become "not started" from "passed".. I read on one of the forums where the eligibility on the first GCMS notes is passed and six months later it is "not started" on the 2nd gcms notes...

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Is it possible for eligibility to become "not started" from "passed".. I read on one of the forums where the eligibility on the first GCMS notes is passed and six months later it is "not started" on the 2nd gcms notes...
Very unlikely. Don't go by the page 2 assessment status, instead look at the officer's notes in the last 3-5 pages.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I applied for permanent resident (FSW-O) and I am waiting for the final decision. My sister lives in Canada as a permanent resident.
  1. Since my sister is a permanent resident living in Canada, can I fill out the application for authorization and statutory declaration form and hence may be exempted from travel restrictions?
  2. As I said, my permanent residence application is still in progress. I passed all the stages (eligibility, criminality, security, info sharing, and medicals) and waiting for the final decision. At the same time, can I apply for a visitor visa?
Thanks!
1. YEs you can apply for authorisation to travel as an extended family member.

2. YEs. The TRV and PR application will be processed on its own merits.

Alwy

Oct 28, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, at the time of filling my express entry profile, where family details have to be entered, in my parents name fields, I have put 'not applicable' in the 1st name field and entered entire name of my parents in last name field as they both do not have a surname. I did not leave 1st name field empty. Now, I have submitted my profile and has received MEP. But I am worried about the 'not applicable' part. Kindly advise what to do.

puneet kanda

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
The number of complaints made against IRCC with the Office of the Information Commissioner.

To read on how OIC investigates see https://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/en/how-we-investigate

Some/one person claims that filing complaints does not help much, be careful of such fraudulent claims as all complaints filed with OIC matter and it is because of these complaints, an investigation was initiated and hopefully we will see changes soon. Filing a complaint under the law is your right, and it will be processed in accordance with the procedure under the law.

Also, OIC is not a court or police. The Commissioner provides arms-length oversight of the federal government’s access to information practices, working with institutions to ensure they meet their obligations under the Act. The aim is to resolve complaints to the satisfaction of the complainant.
Thank you @legalfalcon for making it clear.

puneet kanda

Star Member
Oct 3, 2015
Hi. OIC is awaiting the ministers reply to the initial report after which the report will be tabled in the Parliament during the first quarter of 2021-22 (i.e. April - June 2021). The processing delay here is related to access to information requests and yes you can certainly make a complaint
Thank you @caipsnotes for your quick reply and making it clear to understand.

Reactions: caipsnotes

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, at the time of filling my express entry profile, where family details have to be entered, in my parents name fields, I have put 'not applicable' in the 1st name field and entered entire name of my parents in last name field as they both do not have a surname. I did not leave 1st name field empty. Now, I have submitted my profile and has received MEP. But I am worried about the 'not applicable' part. Kindly advise what to do.
Send a webform and you can inform IRCC. Although it will not be an issue.

If you don’t have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4