+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

tallzeez

Feb 20, 2021
I was wondering if I graduated first week of June 2019, applied for my PGWP in August 27 2019, but took full time work from June 26 till May 2020.

what can be done about the unauthorized work i did for those two months? It was accidental as I assumed it was allowed in Study Permit (my SP expired end of August 2019). Am I completely ineligible to apply for PR?

letsflynow

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hey @legalfalcon

Hope you are well.

I recently landed in canada with an authorisation letter and an expired copr. Upon landing a new copr was printed and given to me, while the old copr was retained. After completing all formalities, i realised my copr has the wrong country of birth printed on it.

The person said that he cant change it and i need raise it with ircc.

My question is-

1) Will my pr card also have the same mistake?
2) how do i rectify my copr, and if later required my pr card too?
3) should i proceed with getting sin card and other documents?
4) if you could also enlighten me on processing times for the corrections...

Im currently under quarantine and really troubled with this situation...

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I was wondering if I graduated first week of June 2019, applied for my PGWP in August 27 2019, but took full time work from June 26 till May 2020.

what can be done about the unauthorized work i did for those two months? It was accidental as I assumed it was allowed in Study Permit (my SP expired end of August 2019). Am I completely ineligible to apply for PR?

As per paragraph R186(w), graduates who apply for a work permit, such as a post-graduation work permit, before the expiry of their study permit are eligible to work full time without a work permit while waiting for a decision on their application if all of the following apply:

• They are or were the holders of a valid study permit at the time of the post-graduation work permit application.
  • They have completed their program of study.
  • They met the requirements for working off campus without a work permit under paragraph R186(v) (that is, they were a full-time student enrolled at a DLI in a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program of at least 8 months in duration that led to a degree, diploma or certificate).
  • They did not exceed the allowable hours of work under paragraph R186(v).
Applicants remain eligible to work full time without a work permit while waiting for a decision on their application even after leaving and re-entering Canada.

Applicants must stop working as soon as they are notified by IRCC (for example, via their MyAccount, by email or by mailed letter) that their application for a work permit is refused.

Seehttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

A foreign national cannot work in Canada, unless they have a valid work authorization, such as a work permit or a PGWP.

Regulations R200(3)(e)(i) states as follows:
(3) An officer shall not issue a work permit to a foreign national if

(e) the foreign national has engaged in unauthorized study or work in Canada or has failed to comply with a condition of a previous permit or authorization unless
(i) a period of six months has elapsed since the cessation of the unauthorized work or study or failure to comply with a condition.

Based on your situation, if you fall under the above, you will have to evaluate. If you did work without authorization you are reportable, and should consult a licensed professional to evaluate your circumstances based on your individual facts and circumstances.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon

Hope you are well.

I recently landed in canada with an authorisation letter and an expired copr. Upon landing a new copr was printed and given to me, while the old copr was retained. After completing all formalities, i realised my copr has the wrong country of birth printed on it.

The person said that he cant change it and i need raise it with ircc.

My question is-

1) Will my pr card also have the same mistake?
2) how do i rectify my copr, and if later required my pr card too?
3) should i proceed with getting sin card and other documents?
4) if you could also enlighten me on processing times for the corrections...

Im currently under quarantine and really troubled with this situation...

Thanks

1. PR cards do not have country of birth listed on it.
2. Send a webform and Inform IRCC.
3. YEs, the country of birth would not matter from SIN or other documents.
4. There are no published processing times, and with COVID, even those that are published are not being adhered to.

No need to be hassled by this, this is a minor issue and happens a lot, and will be corrected in due course.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

I believe I have answered this on another thread where you posted.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
AWESOME!
and what all documents he need to send to his immediate family Members to travel with an ease.
You just meed the immediate family members proof of PR card, citizenship and your proof of relationship, marriage certificate, birth certificate. etc.

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
You just meed the immediate family members proof of PR card, citizenship and your proof of relationship, marriage certificate, birth certificate. etc.
If his wife and kids plans to travel canada next week,do they need to quarantine at different house for 14 days? Can't they join him at in same flat?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

td88

Aug 8, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon ,

I just received my GCMS notes yesterday. Most of the page has s.19(1) on that, and I read:

Personal information

• 19 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains personal information.
Where disclosure authorized

(2) The head of a government institution may disclose any record requested under this Part that contains personal information if

• (a) the individual to whom it relates consents to the disclosure;
  • (b) the information is publicly available; or
  • (c) the disclosure is in accordance with section 8 of the Privacy Act.
I did research and understand that s.19(1) is just Spouse's information hidden right?
I have only page 44,45 that marked s16(2)(c) - (56 page in total)

As i remember I missed 1 form Family Info IMM5406 (for spouse), but they still gave me AOR, and ask for that form as additional form. Does s16(2)(c) regards to that, or is it something else?

I ordered GCMS note on Jan 20, 2021, and passed medical on Feb 02.
In the GCMS note, the medical had not started (but my medical has passed anyway).

Security didn't start in GCMS note and the due date is 2021. Oct 29. <- Does it mean I have to wait maximum until Oct 29 to know whether my security pass or not? Or it's just an estimation?

Eligibility passed
Criminality passed
Medical passed
Security not started
Info Sharing: Complete (don't know what it means but it's done anyway)

Do you thing my process is normal or abnormal?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon ,

I just received my GCMS notes yesterday. Most of the page has s.19(1) on that, and I read:

Personal information

• 19 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Part that contains personal information.
Where disclosure authorized

(2) The head of a government institution may disclose any record requested under this Part that contains personal information if

• (a) the individual to whom it relates consents to the disclosure;
  • (b) the information is publicly available; or
  • (c) the disclosure is in accordance with section 8 of the Privacy Act.
I did research and understand that s.19(1) is just Spouse's information hidden right?
I have only page 44,45 that marked s16(2)(c) - (56 page in total)

As i remember I missed 1 form Family Info IMM5406 (for spouse), but they still gave me AOR, and ask for that form as additional form. Does s16(2)(c) regards to that, or is it something else?

I ordered GCMS note on Jan 20, 2021, and passed medical on Feb 02.
In the GCMS note, the medical had not started (but my medical has passed anyway).

Security didn't start in GCMS note and the due date is 2021. Oct 29. <- Does it mean I have to wait maximum until Oct 29 to know whether my security pass or not? Or it's just an estimation?

Eligibility passed
Criminality passed
Medical passed
Security not started
Info Sharing: Complete (don't know what it means but it's done anyway)

Do you thing my process is normal or abnormal?

Thank you for your time.
When you submitted your request for the GCMS notes, you spouse had to give you the consent to obtain his / her information, without that your spouse's information will be redacted under s19.

Certain information is redacted under s16 or 15, which is common and most GCMS notes will have this, see https://bit.ly/3uy4Bgz

Info sharing: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

The object of information-sharing is to support the effective administration and enforcement of Canada’s citizenship and immigration programs including, but not limited to, such matters as:
  • travel to Canada, authorization to enter into Canada, the investigation of matters relating to program abuse, criminality, public safety and health, the coordination and streamlining of enforcement cases and the sharing of services and facilities, i.e., those used for detention purposes;
  • the selection of foreign nationals, issuance of visas, protection of refugees, integration of newcomers, support of provincial and territorial immigration programs and settlement services;
  • the support of Canada’s public safety and security objectives with respect to the management of the global movement of people and combating international terrorism, war crimes, crimes against humanity and organized crime.

This is where info is thread withFive Country Conference (FCC) countries, i.e. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States and other agencies as per the agreement.

See the last few pages for the notes, and see if your eligibility is passed. You can compare your notes with the samples here, #4,004

Only after eligibility is conclusively passed, will your security start. Currently many applications have eligibility passed, yet the security has not been initiated.

Security is initiated only when IRCC sends a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners. To read on security, how it is done see https://bit.ly/3apWglN

Reactions: td88

td88

Aug 8, 2019
When you submitted your request for the GCMS notes, you spouse had to give you the consent to obtain his / her information, without that your spouse's information will be redacted under s19.

Certain information is redacted under s16 or 15, which is common and most GCMS notes will have this, see https://bit.ly/3uy4Bgz

Info sharing: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in01-eng.pdf

The object of information-sharing is to support the effective administration and enforcement of Canada’s citizenship and immigration programs including, but not limited to, such matters as:
  • travel to Canada, authorization to enter into Canada, the investigation of matters relating to program abuse, criminality, public safety and health, the coordination and streamlining of enforcement cases and the sharing of services and facilities, i.e., those used for detention purposes;
  • the selection of foreign nationals, issuance of visas, protection of refugees, integration of newcomers, support of provincial and territorial immigration programs and settlement services;
  • the support of Canada’s public safety and security objectives with respect to the management of the global movement of people and combating international terrorism, war crimes, crimes against humanity and organized crime.

This is where info is thread withFive Country Conference (FCC) countries, i.e. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and the United States and other agencies as per the agreement.

See the last few pages for the notes, and see if your eligibility is passed. You can compare your notes with the samples here, #4,004

Only after eligibility is conclusively passed, will your security start. Currently many applications have eligibility passed, yet the security has not been initiated.

Security is initiated only when IRCC sends a request to the National Security Screening Division (NSSD) and screening partners. To read on security, how it is done see https://bit.ly/3apWglN
My Eligibility passed (I received PAL too), Criminality passed, Medical passed, Info Sharing complete, only Security hasn't started (as IRCC officer told me yesterday).

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My Eligibility passed (I received PAL too), Criminality passed, Medical passed, Info Sharing complete, only Security hasn't started (as IRCC officer told me yesterday).
You will just have to be patient. There are many applications in the same state.

td88

Aug 8, 2019
You will just have to be patient. There are many applications in the same state.
Thank you for your fast response, one last question, i saw Due date: 2021, oct 29 in the Admissibility/ under Security check, is it just an estimation due date, or real due date that they decide to check it back? Have you seen any case that pass before due date?

tallzeez

Feb 20, 2021
As per paragraph R186(w), graduates who apply for a work permit, such as a post-graduation work permit, before the expiry of their study permit are eligible to work full time without a work permit while waiting for a decision on their application if all of the following apply:

• They are or were the holders of a valid study permit at the time of the post-graduation work permit application.
  • They have completed their program of study.
  • They met the requirements for working off campus without a work permit under paragraph R186(v) (that is, they were a full-time student enrolled at a DLI in a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program of at least 8 months in duration that led to a degree, diploma or certificate).
  • They did not exceed the allowable hours of work under paragraph R186(v).
Applicants remain eligible to work full time without a work permit while waiting for a decision on their application even after leaving and re-entering Canada.

Applicants must stop working as soon as they are notified by IRCC (for example, via their MyAccount, by email or by mailed letter) that their application for a work permit is refused.

Seehttps://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

A foreign national cannot work in Canada, unless they have a valid work authorization, such as a work permit or a PGWP.

Regulations R200(3)(e)(i) states as follows:
(3) An officer shall not issue a work permit to a foreign national if

(e) the foreign national has engaged in unauthorized study or work in Canada or has failed to comply with a condition of a previous permit or authorization unless
(i) a period of six months has elapsed since the cessation of the unauthorized work or study or failure to comply with a condition.

Based on your situation, if you fall under the above, you will have to evaluate. If you did work without authorization you are reportable, and should consult a licensed professional to evaluate your circumstances based on your individual facts and circumstances.
Hello, thank you for your response:

From your indication with Regulations R200(3)(e)(i) :

The unauthorized work was from June 26th 2019 - August 26th 2019. Since then i was on implied status and then on a fully-approved PGWP. So that period of work was well over 6 months ago. Does that make it possible to be ok to apply?

Should i tell a lawyer all this and they can possibly come up with a solution or way forward?

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon

i need your help once again.

My boyfriend is a canadian citizen (has not applied for passport yet) but he has citizenship certificate. He lives in Toronto and I am PNP applicant (Alberta). I did not mention my boyfriend's details in EE profile before or after receiving ITA.

As I am a PNP applicant I am little cautious about it. I plan to quarantine at Toronto and then my boyfriend will come with me to Alberta to spend some time. Post that we will be meeting as and when possible.

Can I apply for AL under extended family?
Can my daughter also get AL?
Apart from IMM006 and his citizenship documents, my COPR and visa, do I have to provide anything?

Thank you