17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Earlier in my profile, "Background Check" : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Today it says: "Not Applicable"

Any idea what is the meaning of this update/change ?

Thanks in advance
BGC = Criminality + Security. It will change twice, once when your criminality is done usually during the beginning of your application and then again when your security starts.

To know details, you should consider reviewing your GCMS notes.

rosy12345

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
Vancouver
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-05-2019
File Transfer...
29-08-2019
BGC = Criminality + Security. It will change twice, once when your criminality is done usually during the beginning of your application and then again when your security starts.

To know details, you should consider reviewing your GCMS notes.
Hi @legalfalcon

My AOR was 9-May-2019.

I already have received GCMS notes on 23-Jan-2020. But I'm not able to find anything about BGC in that.

Does it change in BCG means it is - the starting or ending or Criminality or Security?

Any suggestions on how can it be confirmed from GCMS notes?

Thanks in advnace.

Newbie-123

Apr 28, 2019
Hello legalfalcon,

Can you kindly help me about the below query, I have posted same question in a thread but didn’t get the reply.I will be very thankful to you.

My COPR is expiring in month of June and my current country of residence(Saudi Arabia) has cancelled all international and national flights from March. Now I have following questions,

Should I raise webform right away or should I wait till end of April to see if flights start again?
Second I don’t know my visa office. Passport submission request came from Abu Dhabi but visa is issued at Riyadh. What is my visa office as per above information.

Thanks.

Hope22

Aug 23, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I have a question that concerns those with CoPR/Visa expired or about to expire and were unable/afraid to travel to Canada due to Covid-19 AND sent a webform to IRCC explaining the reasons why.
Have you been in contact with such new cases? I don't know if IRCC is replying to people who raised a webform!
In my case they haven't replied yet and it's nearly 3 weeks I am so worried because mine has expired and I couldn’t travel!
In your knowledge and experience what is the fate of these people?

Keep up the good work.

Thank you

KSP_2019

Feb 13, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

Your expert suggestion is required.

Background:
  • Got approved LMIA – Owner operator, NOC - 0013 in Dec’2018 (valid till Jun-2019)
  • Applied for EE-Outland using LMIA on 29th Mar’2019 – for self, wife and son - already completed 12 months
  • Last status is: Eligibility – Recommended Pass, Criminality – Pass, Security – Not yet started; agents on phone say additional verification is required
Questions:
  • The Canadian job offer provided by my own company as part of Owner operator was issued for 1 year and has expired in Dec’2019. Is that supposed to be issued again and resubmitted with IRCC?
  • LMIA too has lost its validity in Jun’2019. Should it be applied again and resubmitted with IRCC?
Please advise.

Thanks
Hi @legalfalcon , can you please respond to this query?
Thanks in advance.
Best
KSP

Farazahsheikh

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Pakistan
@legalfalcon Kindly respond urgently. I am changing DLIs from Ontario to another province as I didn't like my current institution. However, my study permit says:

Institution Name: DESIGNATED LEARNING INST-ON
Field of Study: Business/Commerce

Are these study permit conditions? Will it cause any problems for me with PGWP if I change to a DLI outside of ON and to a Computers field instead of Business. Please get back to me, thank you.

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon

I hope you are fine.

I received this email from Mexico Embassy:

´´Good day,

Please note that your application was referred to IRCC Mexico for follow-up on 2020-03-25. You application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer. Note that IRCC Mexico is currently operating at reduced staff due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please also note that operations such as background checks and verifications are also running at reduced capacity, resulting in longer-than-usual processing times.``

Does it mean my security has started or a simply generic reply?

Cheers

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My Temporary visa is expired and Closed WP extension was approved this week (basically was on Implied status). Also, my PR application is in progress and is in the final stages (crossed 6 months and due to current pandemic facing delay in PPR). What is the option for me to proceed with?
Should I raise temporary visa while my PR application is in progress ? or wait for the PR decision?

Thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My Temporary visa is expired and Closed WP extension was approved this week (basically was on Implied status). Also, my PR application is in progress and is in the final stages (crossed 6 months and due to current pandemic facing delay in PPR). What is the option for me to proceed with?
Should I raise temporary visa while my PR application is in progress ? or wait for the PR decision?

Thanks in advance!
If you have already filed your PR application you were eligible for BOWP. Not sure why you applied for Closed WP?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I hope you are fine.

I received this email from Mexico Embassy:

´´Good day,

Please note that your application was referred to IRCC Mexico for follow-up on 2020-03-25. You application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer. Note that IRCC Mexico is currently operating at reduced staff due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please also note that operations such as background checks and verifications are also running at reduced capacity, resulting in longer-than-usual processing times.``

Does it mean my security has started or a simply generic reply?

Cheers
This does not talk about any specific stage. Just that your application was transferred to IRCC Mexico. For details on stage raise a webform asking about the specific stage or see your GCMS notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Kindly respond urgently. I am changing DLIs from Ontario to another province as I didn't like my current institution. However, my study permit says:

Institution Name: DESIGNATED LEARNING INST-ON
Field of Study: Business/Commerce

Are these study permit conditions? Will it cause any problems for me with PGWP if I change to a DLI outside of ON and to a Computers field instead of Business. Please get back to me, thank you.
See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/change-schools/account.html

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I really appreciate your kind heart. Can you also help me? I stated my concern here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-ee-canadian-express-class-cec-spouse-open-work-permit-sowp.684410/

A small clarification: Actually I am on PGWP spouse of the applicant for SOWP.

Thank you,
Naseer
I have read your question on the thread. However, I am not sure what you are trying to ask. I would appreciate if you could repost your question here and rephrase it with precisely what you re trying to do and what your question is.

Newbie-123

Apr 28, 2019
Hello legalfalcon,

Can you kindly help me about the below query, I have posted same question in a thread but didn’t get the reply.I will be very thankful to you.

My COPR is expiring in month of June and my current country of residence(Saudi Arabia) has cancelled all international and national flights from March. Now I have following questions,

Should I raise webform right away or should I wait till end of April to see if flights start again?
Second I don’t know my visa office. Passport submission request came from Abu Dhabi but visa is issued at Riyadh. What is my visa office as per above information.

Thanks.
Hi Can you please share your advice. Thanks I’m advance.