+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry (EE), Canadian Express Class (CEC), Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP)

mdnaseershah

Apr 7, 2020
Hello guys!

I hope all are doing good and are safe during this pandemic COVID-19, Stay home and safe.

I am looking forward to apply for Express Entry under CEC program. I have 1 year of experience as a Quality Inspector. I was actually looking for job descriptions that will match under NOC 0, A or B.

And is there any source where I can cross check them if my job duites actually matches with the NOC 0, A or B category? I am aware that i can take reference from the official NOC website but I had a bad expreience.

Actually I applied for SOWP twice. First time i submitted an employment letter with no job duties and it was rejected because of financial reason because i didn't show any savings. Second time i attached the bank statements and wrote job duties matching to NOC B 2233 with job title Quality Inspector, but it was refused with the following explanation given in GCMS notes:

Online case reviewed. Applicant has applied for an open work permit and intends to join her spouse in Canada. Spouse is on a PGWP valid until dd/mm/yyyy. As per Employment Letter provided, applicant is employed as a Quality Inspector for XYZ. Note that this is a NOC level C occupation, Letter of employment and definition of responsibilities and duties do not support the spouse's occupation in Canada as NOC 0, A or B and, therefore, the applicant is not eligible for an open work permit under R205(c)(ii). Refused.

Below are the job duties which was mentioned on the employment letter.

• proficiently completing the initial inspection of the unprocessed parts received before production begins
  • thoroughly assist, monitor, facilitate and complete production work
  • work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Manager to complete the final inspection of our processed parts that are ready to be shipped
  • provide supportive documentation (inspection report, non-conformity report) to ensure the quality of our finished assemblies and packaged parts for our customers' standards
  • assist the Quality Assurance Manager in the creation and the development of quality processes and procedures of in-process parts and reports to president of XYZ
  • collects and analyzes data and samples to begin the standardization of our manufacturing procedures and techniques to eventually implement ISO 9001 certification

I thank all the members of this forum who come forward to help others.

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello guys!

I hope all are doing good and are safe during this pandemic COVID-19, Stay home and safe.

I am looking forward to apply for Express Entry under CEC program. I have 1 year of experience as a Quality Inspector. I was actually looking for job descriptions that will match under NOC 0, A or B.

And is there any source where I can cross check them if my job duites actually matches with the NOC 0, A or B category? I am aware that i can take reference from the official NOC website but I had a bad expreience.

Actually I applied for SOWP twice. First time i submitted an employment letter with no job duties and it was rejected because of financial reason because i didn't show any savings. Second time i attached the bank statements and wrote job duties matching to NOC B 2233 with job title Quality Inspector, but it was refused with the following explanation given in GCMS notes:

Online case reviewed. Applicant has applied for an open work permit and intends to join her spouse in Canada. Spouse is on a PGWP valid until dd/mm/yyyy. As per Employment Letter provided, applicant is employed as a Quality Inspector for XYZ. Note that this is a NOC level C occupation, Letter of employment and definition of responsibilities and duties do not support the spouse's occupation in Canada as NOC 0, A or B and, therefore, the applicant is not eligible for an open work permit under R205(c)(ii). Refused.

Below are the job duties which was mentioned on the employment letter.

• proficiently completing the initial inspection of the unprocessed parts received before production begins
  • thoroughly assist, monitor, facilitate and complete production work
  • work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Manager to complete the final inspection of our processed parts that are ready to be shipped
  • provide supportive documentation (inspection report, non-conformity report) to ensure the quality of our finished assemblies and packaged parts for our customers' standards
  • assist the Quality Assurance Manager in the creation and the development of quality processes and procedures of in-process parts and reports to president of XYZ
  • collects and analyzes data and samples to begin the standardization of our manufacturing procedures and techniques to eventually implement ISO 9001 certification

I thank all the members of this forum who come forward to help others.
This is very confusing. Can you clarify, are you the spouse on the PGWP, or are you the applicant for the open work permit?

If the job description above is for the spouse on the PGWP - then there is a possibility that the VO saw some job duties as better fitting with an inspector role (NOC C)- for example,
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/757b330503dc472d8d23bbae499f7a29?objectid=8MFRkaNNMvoKY94O5pMOLVYl4hSXGUIvZ+h7O/Ujmxqm3RWJk/6qL5VsupRDGNN8

(There's not enough context in the job description for me to be sure that this is the right production environment).

I think NOC 2233 is probably the right NOC, but it needs more context, and you need more duties to better correspond with 2233 (right now, there are a lot of differences).

I generally prefer the ESDC website for NOCs -
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Home/Welcome/cee6d16f3394423abeb6e2b305c0cb53?GoCTemplateCulture=en-CA

Reactions: mdnaseershah

mdnaseershah

Apr 7, 2020
This is very confusing. Can you clarify, are you the spouse on the PGWP, or are you the applicant for the open work permit?

If the job description above is for the spouse on the PGWP - then there is a possibility that the VO saw some job duties as better fitting with an inspector role (NOC C)- for example,
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile/757b330503dc472d8d23bbae499f7a29?objectid=8MFRkaNNMvoKY94O5pMOLVYl4hSXGUIvZ+h7O/Ujmxqm3RWJk/6qL5VsupRDGNN8

(There's not enough context in the job description for me to be sure that this is the right production environment).

I think NOC 2233 is probably the right NOC, but it needs more context, and you need more duties to better correspond with 2233 (right now, there are a lot of differences).

I generally prefer the ESDC website for NOCs -
https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Home/Welcome/cee6d16f3394423abeb6e2b305c0cb53?GoCTemplateCulture=en-CA
Sorry for the confusion. I am on PGWP, spouse of applicant. My employer is not very cooperative. With many hurdles they gave the employment letter with those job description. My manager was very good and understanding but he left the company. What can i do now? I received ITA under CEC. I read some threads and found out that if the VO don't consider the job under NOC 0, A or B they refuse the application directly without asking any explanations.

Thank you for responding,
Naseer

kanwal.ghuman66

Apr 8, 2020
hello Everyone i have a quick question so lets say in a 14 day period if i have worked 60 hours as mentioned on my pay stubb and as per cic they consider 30 hours per week a full time week, my question is how will the visa officer know that if i have actually worked 30 hours in a week, it could be 40 hours in the first 7 days and 20 hours in the second 7 days, so as per the rule total hours for 14 days to count should be 50 not 60 as mentioned on my pay stub. To Clarify 1st week 40 hours , 2nd week 20 hours , pay stub shows total 60 hours for 14 days, So how will cic consider would it be 60 hours for 14 days worked as my pay stub shows or it would be 30+20=50 hours in total for 14 days as per cic's 30 hours/week rule?.