Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon thanks for helping all of us and providing details when we don't have anywhere to go, Need your valuable advice on my case, it's been 16+ months from AOR. Have applied 4 GCMS notes and 1 CBSA from getgcms, last gcms notes still pending (IRCC asked 90 day extension)

AOR: 25 Sep 2018, FSW, family of 2, while applying I (primary) in US and spouse in India, medical is expired but no action needed.
I had lived in Mexico in the past so getting a PCC happened after AOR which itself took 4-5 months.
GCMS notes 1 (March 2019) revealed- 10.2 completed pending for Mexico PCC
GCMS notes 2 (June 2019): A 11.2 done, ready to finalize and Eligibility appears met, case analyst review, it also had s 16.1 c in 2-3 blank pages

So I ordered CBSA and GCMS again in Sep 2019- CBSA received in a month but nothing on security and criminality- it mentioned not started, GCMS came after 3 months and again it had s 16.1c in the right side of notes section but security/criminality as not started.

In March 2019 I had to move to India for 5 months- I updated IRCC by mail and web form for change of address and I moved back to US in Aug 2019 and again informed IRCC by mail/web-form.

Also our file moved from Ottawa to LA (US) office in June 2019 and again to New York office (US) in Dec 2019, as per agent on phone and somewhere in GCMS notes section it said work load distribution, I explicitly asked agent and he said its usual and offices share file mainly due to work load.

On mailing Ottawa VO office they always tell its in a queue for a review by an officer and nothing is needed by them.

My question is what should we do? and why it's taking so much time? now even GCMS notes take so much time, should I order CBSA notes again or what else can we do? We periodically drop a mail/webform though LA/NY office never respond but sometimes Ottawa office reply and they always say it's in queue.

Is there any other option to get updates and I read the blog in gcms on 16.1c so probably it's in security but still its been a long time and they have all PCC from countries I stayed in (India, US, Mexico), also the first CBSA notes didn't revealed anything so why so much time in this activity.

So, please provide if you have any suggestions and next steps on our case.
Thank you in advance and hoping to get your suggestions on this.

Lets first get into what is available from your notes. In the last few pages of your CBSA notes, what is written. Can you post those notes here so that I can see if your eligibility is passed or not.

Alternatively, you can join my FB group, link in my signature and post there.

Reactions: Scbho and Thatguy25

bubusik

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon ,
Please tell me your opinion on my situation.
I have been on comprehensive security screening since the end of June. Now I got the ADR for my partner's CV, Schedule A, Travel history and Student Form. Does this mean that his security screening is only going to start? This is terrifying me... I can't believe that it will take them about 6 more months to pass his security.
Could it be the case when they require such documents at the end of security check? As I see from all available timelines, they usually require such documens at the very beginning of ss.
It has already been almost 1 year and 4 months after AOR, this is really messing up my life plans now.

Thank you very much for all your help. May all your effort and kindness come back to you.

Thatguy25

Nov 21, 2019
Lets first get into what is available from your notes. In the last few pages of your CBSA notes, what is written. Can you post those notes here so that I can see if your eligibility is passed or not.

Alternatively, you can join my FB group, link in my signature and post there.
Thanks a lot @legalfalcon for the super quick response, I am uploading the last few pages here which is similar to GCMS notes, as per the case analyst Eligibility is 'Recommended Pass'.
I am already in your fb group and follow all your posts closely :) posting the details here.

sorry for 4 links for 4 pages, if I am combining in one it's blurring, sorry for the inconvenience.
Link:
https://ibb.co/jbd5LCF
https://ibb.co/VNF69s6
https://ibb.co/XJ7B5D2
https://ibb.co/zFT94JY

Please let me know for anything further!

bhardwhu

Nov 29, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon or any member who can help,
My AOR is Nov 22, 2019. I applied under Express Entry. I ordered GCMS notes in January to check on status and it mentions that FSW 11.2 not Met - for refusal. As I saw the notes, there is a comment that I do not meet minimum one year in NOC 0213. I have been an IT Program Manager in US after my MS for more than 5 years but the way my reference letter was written was more technical and gave my designation as Manager but duties were explained as all technical. After I saw the notes, I got another letter from a supervisor, who was open to bring out my technical management role and I have sent out that updated notarized reference letter through webform, last week. I have received a notification that my updated reference letter and pay stubs for past years are received. Is there anything I can and should do, in addition? Please advise.
Thank you and regards

Last edited:

a_ela

Feb 13, 2020
Dear @legalfalcon

I applied for my husband's PR. It has been a year and my GCMS notes in December said that Criminality and Medical were passed. While Eligibility and Security say 'not started" and Info Sharing "in progress"

1) 1 of his notes from February 20th, 2019, mentioned "Blue Principal Applicant Application Promoted. Can you tell what that colour code means?
2) Details of his criminality show "Passed-Bio". What would that mean?

Thank you.

Jun 4, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon

I am in Canada from 2015 June and i have applied my PR in CEC with 498 score on July 8 2019 and ITR -July10 2019 , Submitted documents on Aug 8th , Aug 28th my medical passed and after that the application moved to background verification is in progress from that date.

i called IRCC they told like BG is in progress ,my VO is sydney and my application crossed over 6 month and now i am in 7th month ..

i am not sure what would be the reason for the delay. Assist me what could be the reason for the delay.

My wife went back to india on November for spending vacation . do i need to intimate them on her move or not ? is there a way for her to be stamped from delhi

Kindly help me

Regards
Yusuf Javid

Reactions: shru_91

shru_91

Dec 17, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon,
Please help me with the following query
We received ppr in October .Due to my pregnancy we were asked not to submit our passports.couple of days back we got a remedical request and we hve done our medicals and submitted medicals for the baby along with other documents.We are planning to travel only after May .Will our re-medicals be valid for another year or for a specific time as deemed by the the VO ?
Medical expiry date:Feb 24 2020
Re-medicals cleared :Feb 9th 2029

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
A ghost update merely suggests that there is a movement. It could be as mundane as a transfer of office, to an update of a stage. You will have to see your GCMS notes to know why it happened.
Thank you
I just got the gcms notes
And it turned to be that the file sent to PS review with no concern on file A36 - NOV2019\
only on Jan.2020 when the info sharing are marked completed with no concern

I wonder why info sharing takes long?( from NOV to Jan) I had it under type ( Biometerics-FCC details)

Thanks

saran09

Dec 7, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon,
We got an update at around 8.5 months, ADR for IMM5406. My wife is the primary applicant and we both filled out our own forms as per the form said and submitted back the next day itself. The 'review of additional documents' changed to 'not applicable' from 'we have sent you request for ..'. We were worried if this would make it even more longer for the process to be complete and not sure why this form was asked of us. We have not claimed any points for bro/sis in Canada, as we do not have one to declare.

Scbho

Jan 18, 2019
Hi legalFalcon, I hope you will be able to give me a reply. Is it possible to request that an adopted dependent be removed from my express entry application. She was adopted when she was 11, now she is 19 , practically an adult now. What might the implications be. And how do we go about it. She has said she does not want to go anywhere with us and We can't force her, now that she is grown. Please, I would appreciate your response. My application has been delayed because of this as ircc keeps asking for one document or another about the adoption and I am just tired of the whole thing. The Adoption was legally done. Earnestly awaiting your reply

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hi LegalFalcon,

Hope you are fine. I did soft landing with wife and one child in Alberta (I am AINP candidate), got PR cards and came back. I still have no plan to settle but I have to go back to Canada again to finish soft landing of my remaining kids. My question is, is it necessary for us to do soft landing for my kids in Alberta also or we can do it in Toronto as well. I do not have any plan to run from my PNP obligations to stay in Alberta but for my kid's soft landing, I would like to go to Toronto to save some money. Last time I took KLM Flights to land directly in Calgary from Amsterdam. Looking forward to your responses. Thank you

garry.jones

Jun 14, 2019
Hi LegalFalcon,

I have an emergency in India and I need to get back our passports sent to Ottawa for visa stamping. Can you tell me how many days it takes for them to process the passports?

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
@legalfalcon

Hi There, Today I received my GCMS notes and it says under assessment that eligibility has been Failed and Final status refused. However, I have not received any refusal letter with reason till date. Only GU I got was in Mid Jan where my BG status changed to Not Applicable. I applied for GCMS notes and below are few of the snaps.

I am on ICT and my closed current WP is valid till May 2020 and while e-APR I submitted the offer of employment shared by my employer to avail the arranged employment points. 2 Months back my employer filed an WP extension for me with updated offer of employment shared to me where it says assignment extended for additional 24 months. It is currently under process.

I raised a webform and sent the updated offer of employment to CIC. Going through the GCMS notes, it says under assesment that its failed and last comments from the case analyst - Review Canadian work experience, unable to verify arranged employment.

I have shared all the relevant document to them like Offer of employment with roles and responsibilities, Canadian annual compensation, T4, Payslips etc. Please suggest what is missing from my end. Your feedback is highly appreciated

Comments from the case analyst
GCMS notes last page

Assessment screenshot
Status Failed

Correspondence letter in GCMS
GCMS Correspondence

oddy4real

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
@legalfalcon

Hi There, Today I received my GCMS notes and it says under assessment that eligibility has been Failed and Final status refused. However, I have not received any refusal letter with reason till date. Only GU I got was in Mid Jan where my BG status changed to Not Applicable. I applied for GCMS notes and below are few of the snaps.

I am on ICT and my closed current WP is valid till May 2020 and while e-APR I submitted the offer of employment shared by my employer to avail the arranged employment points. 2 Months back my employer filed an WP extension for me with updated offer of employment shared to me where it says assignment extended for additional 24 months. It is currently under process.

I raised a webform and sent the updated offer of employment to CIC. Going through the GCMS notes, it says under assesment that its failed and last comments from the case analyst - Review Canadian work experience, unable to verify arranged employment.

I have shared all the relevant document to them like Offer of employment with roles and responsibilities, Canadian annual compensation, T4, Payslips etc. Please suggest what is missing from my end. Your feedback is highly appreciated

Comments from the case analyst
GCMS notes last page

Assessment screenshot
Status Failed

Correspondence letter in GCMS
GCMS Correspondence
Looks like a Refusal letter has bn triggered, but not sent. Check the correspondence