17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I have renewed my passport after COPR. My COPR and PR visa are on the old passport. Just wanted a quick check with you .

So, basically when landing in Canada for the first time , i will ensure that:-
1. I carry both passports ( old and new)
2.I carry COPR ( issued on old passport)

Will this suffice and i should not be having any issues while landing right??

Also which passport will be stamped on arrival in canada??
You are right. When you land in Canada, your COPR will be stamped, and the visa in the passport will be cancelled as it is just a single entry visa. after you are admitted, you will be a PR and no longer need a visa.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you sir for taking out time of your busy schedule and replying patiently to my queries. Unfortunately before I read your reply I had already sent the updated information to cic as I was anxious reading about people sending updates of mature FD on this forum
Now I am terrified, could you please guide me where I stand?
1. I received an rprf on 30th oct and paid that day.
2. On 14th nov I sent the new FD which I made out of my funds, new updated bank letter stating previous FDs, their renewal date and their maturity date and the new FD and the new FD advice slip. Also an explanation that my FD got matured and I created a new one with the proceeds.
3. On 15th morning IST. I received a ghost update and my adr section changed to NA.

Now I am so much worried that my case was probably on the last leg as my eligibility was recommended pass but because of the stupidity I did by sending unnecessary documents will again push my file back and in review.
I can't function thinking that I was close and my anxiety screwed me up and now I am again in channel of uncertainty as my application will be reassessed.

Please please sir enlighten me.
I have reached this far just with your guidance and help.
Please help me out and provide some clarity.
Thank you
You are overthinking. If you have paid the RPRF, then most likely your eligibility is about to be over and after security, you should have the PPR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,,, need your urgent help.. stuck in very bad situation.
We have valid visa and copR ,, yesterday we had our flight but Airline refused to board my spouse as they said they couldn’t get clearance from Toronto border security.. we missed our flight... we asked Airline what’s the exact issue but they said they don’t know ,,, now we don’t know what to do ,,, we checked and marched each and every detail on Passport and Copr ,, everything looks perfect.. passport is also valud for 5 years... Canada embassy is in another city,, now we ll go there tomorrow,,, just your expert opinion in this regard,,,
Most likely it was an issue with the Airlines. After the documents are issued to you by Canada, there is no reason why you should not be allowed to board the flight.

Send an email to IRCC, CPC Ottawa, and raise a CSE with this.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, thanks for your answer, I have another question please !

I have enough fund in my bank account from my mom's gift deed. I have all the required bank letter and statements. Should I also declare my car valuation which I will sell before relocating to Canada or it is not necessary as it it not "settlement fund" yet? Thank you !
See https://bit.ly/2XkuLD6

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Most likely it was an issue with the Airlines. After the documents are issued to you by Canada, there is no reason why you should not be allowed to board the flight.

Send an email to IRCC, CPC Ottawa, and raise a CSE with this.
Thanks for your help. I have sent email and raised CSE aswell. I went to Canada embassy but they refused to let us in. They said they can’t help in this matter. Don’t know how much time it will take.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon... https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/members/578891/
I am July 11th applicant. I got two ghost updates so far as on 11th oct n 12th oct...
After no updates... what was those ghost updates?
A ghost update is merely a movement in your file. To know what exactly they are, you need to refer to your GCMS notes and also remember the date you had them to match them. However, the ghost update can be a mundane movement from initiating your BGC or a major one, as getting final approval.

In conclusion, any movement is a good sign.

Reactions: Staypositive04

Skitles

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon

I'm currently making my EE profile and has two questions that would like to gather your advice on:

1. Do I need to input all of my passports detail (I have 2 valid ones), or just input the one I intend to use?

2. In education part, should I only enter the degree that is supported by ECA, or enter all of them? I'm confused because there's a question:
"Has XXX had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate?"
I only have my highest degree evaluated by WES, so I'm wondering if I should only enter that, or enter all of my degrees and answer "No" to the above question for those I don't have ECA assessment.

Thank you in advance.

Sep 2, 2019
Delhi
@legalfalcon You mean they might have started my BGC when I recieved my first GU.
I requested my representative to ask for GCMS notes, but he suggested me to take help of GCMS notes post 6 months... wait patiently...

Thanks a lot

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon You mean they might have started my BGC when I recieved my first GU.
I requested my representative to ask for GCMS notes, but he suggested me to take help of GCMS notes post 6 months... wait patiently...

Thanks a lot
Read my post again and carefully.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I'm currently making my EE profile and has two questions that would like to gather your advice on:

1. Do I need to input all of my passports detail (I have 2 valid ones), or just input the one I intend to use?

2. In education part, should I only enter the degree that is supported by ECA, or enter all of them? I'm confused because there's a question:
"Has XXX had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate?"
I only have my highest degree evaluated by WES, so I'm wondering if I should only enter that, or enter all of my degrees and answer "No" to the above question for those I don't have ECA assessment.

Thank you in advance.
1. Your current passport.

2. Only the one for which you have the ECA.

Reactions: Skitles

PandaOnCloud

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
The Review required does not mean there is an issue. I wrote a post on RR, and reposting it here:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.
Thanks @legalfalcon for reply in detail.

Skitles

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
1. Your current passport.

2. Only the one for which you have the ECA.
Thanks for your prompt reply. Sorry I would like to ask a bit more:
Since I've been using "Passport A" frequently during the past 5 years, and I never use "Passport B". However, I would like to use passport B for the EE profile. If I receive ITA, I will be asked to enter all my travel history.
1. Will that be a problem if my passport B is empty?
2. Do I have to provide passport A detail after getting ITA to prove my travel history?

Thanks a lot!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your prompt reply. Sorry I would like to ask a bit more:
Since I've been using "Passport A" frequently during the past 5 years, and I never use "Passport B". However, I would like to use passport B for the EE profile. If I receive ITA, I will be asked to enter all my travel history.
1. Will that be a problem if my passport B is empty?
2. Do I have to provide passport A detail after getting ITA to prove my travel history?

Thanks a lot!
You can legally have only one passport at a given time form a country. So I am not sure what you mean by passport a and b. If B is your current passport, that is what you enter in your profile. When it comes to entering your travel history, you mention your travel history for the last 10 years, what does it have to do with A or B.

Reactions: Skitles

Skitles

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
You can legally have only one passport at a given time form a country. So I am not sure what you mean by passport a and b. If B is your current passport, that is what you enter in your profile. When it comes to entering your travel history, you mention your travel history for the last 10 years, what does it have to do with A or B.
Sorry for making the confusion. I have two valid passports issued by two different places (dual citizenship), and both are not expired yet. So I'm confused if I have to enter both in the EE profile, or just the one I will use to enter Canada.

Thank you legalfalcon.