17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
hope you are doing well. I have a quick question about my express entry PR status; right my application shows the following message from March 28th. Prior to that, we got an email request for my daughter and spouse updated passports as they were getting expired in the next 6 months, we submitted those docs way within the stipulated time. After submission and after March 28th (i.e. date which was 6 months date given CIC for PR process completion) I get the below standard message.
Question 1) How long does it normally take for the process to finish if they have all the required docs for making a decision?
2) My spouse has received an IT senior manager job offer for which the start date is May second week, so the question is, will it expedite the PR approval process if I submitted this offer letter or will it cause further delays? I am primary on the application and he is dependent.
3) please suggest the best option to pursue since my spouse does not want to lose this offer, should we apply for a work permit while we wait for the PR process to complete?

Your application is taking us longer than usual to process.

About 20% of our applications are more complex to process. They take us longer due to things like how easily we can verify information, how well and how quickly you answer our requests and whether the application is complete.

As always your help is much appreciated!
1) This is very subjective and depends on many different factors. Most applications are processed within 6 months. The 6 months time frame starts when your R10 is passed. Some applications take longer and get stuck in security.

2) For the application, the job offer is insignificant. You don't get any points for it and it does not matter.

3) You should apply for WP.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, I appreciate any help please.

I have 2 accounts at the bank, a savings account that has the money needed and the statement shows that for the past 6 months... and a checking account where i receive my salary and where money for a housing loan and a personal loan is deducted.

I have a letter stating that the savings account has the sufficient money and is free of any debts. Do I need to show my checking account or can i disregard it?

Thanks
You only need to show the account where you have a PoF. If your account has enough PoF, no need to show the other account.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon
I did my engineering in "Electronics and Communication Engineering". My canada immigration AOR date is 1st Dec, 2018.

Yesterday I got a request for "additional documents required" from CIC. They need information on SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION REQUEST FOR STUDENTS. I am not a student and my wife is the primary applicant. I am not sure what to respond on the following questions.
Please help me as I only have 6 more days to respond to these queries.

2- Proposed, current or past thesis.
We never had to create any thesis, should it be NA ?

3- Intended, current or past supervisor(s).
There were many professors who taught me during engineering? What should I write here ?

4- Supervisor(s) for previous studies
There were many professors who taught me during engineering? What should I write here ?

5- List of publication(s) and research papers
No publications or research papers were created by me. Should it be NONE ?

6- Source(s) of funding for studies.
Education Loan from "State Bank of India" bank.
Since I got a job after my engineering, I paid the entire load in easy monthly installments and the entire loan was repaid by April 2010.

7- Upon return to your country, what employment plans do you have in place? At which company or
organisation and in what field of work?

What should I write here ?

Name of company : Are they asking my current company ?
Duties: Are they asking my current duties ?
Name of supervisor(s) : Are they asking name of my current Supervisors ?
What is the form number?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Please @legalfalcon I need your input, could you please assist me on my case?

My Aor is July 27th and I am stuck in "criminality in progress". I ordered notes twice and both look exactly the same.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Met (When I called IRCC the agent said Passed but I don't know if this information is reliable. There was Settlement Funds: Review Required but the notes did not state why and since it shows it is met I believe it was cleared. Am I right? )
Security: Not started
Criminality: In progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

The most recent update shows the following:

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2018/11/15
Created by: SH18299
Updated Date: 2018/11/15
Updated By: SH18299
Restricted: No
Label: Adm/Criminality
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: ----- Primary Applicant 1- Vietnam police certificate: Provided : Review Required PC translated by notary EDocs XXXXXXXXX 2- Brazil police certificate: Provided - NRT Recommendation: Review Required

I have no criminal records. I lived in Vietnam because of my work and submitted the correct PCC (following the instructions given on CIC website) and the translation process was taken care by a vietnamese law firm nominated by the Vietnamese National Center for Criminal Records. My brazilian pcc is also correct and it shows I am cleared as well.

I raised a CSE showing emails that I exchanged with the vietnamese government employee and her indication to this law firm in order to prove they are serious. I don't know why they are concerned about the vietnamese pcc translation, therefore I ordered another translation from a canadian registered translator to compare both.

What do you suggest me to do? Do you think I should act proactively and submit the new translation or should I wait for them to request something? I am worried they are delaying my process for no reason.

On March 4th I raised a CSE asking about the status of my process and they answered the following: "The application is awaiting review of an officer with regards to the police certificates and translation submitted. Security clearance would not be addressed until that review is finalized by an officer. Notification will be sent in due course."

Please advise me, your help is much appreciated!!!
If you had a translation, then the review required only means that the analyst has asked the officer to review the documents once before a final decision is made.

You do not have to do anything.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I am new here, I need your advice on my case.

I have applied for Canadian PR in Singapore while waiting for the approval of my LMIA which I have a job offer on renewal contract. My PR AOR was on the 10th of April 2019.

FYI, I have been waiting for the approval of my LMIA for almost 10 months and fortunately it was approved recently.

As my job requires me to start work immediately, I need to fly to Canada by this weekend. But what worries me is that my application of PR was done in Singapore, can you please advise me on the followings:

1. Should I inform the IRCC immediately on the change of mailing address from Singapore to Canada before they transfer my case out?

2. As at of today, I still did not received their letter of request for my Biometric. Since I have made the full payment on the Biometric request during my application, should I do it in Canada instead?

Appreciate your advice and hope to hear from someone soon. Thank you and Best regards
1. Yes, you should inform IRCC after you have an address in Canada. Your LVO will change from Singapore to Ottawa.

2. you can do the biometrics anywhere across the world, it does not matter.

pantone1767

Feb 19, 2019
If you had a translation, then the review required only means that the analyst has asked the officer to review the documents once before a final decision is made.

You do not have to do anything.
Thank you very much for your help @legalfalcon!

Yes, I did submitted the translation and it follows the instructions on CIC website.

sarastone

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
1) This is very subjective and depends on many different factors. Most applications are processed within 6 months. The 6 months time frame starts when your R10 is passed. Some applications take longer and get stuck in security.

2) For the application, the job offer is insignificant. You don't get any points for it and it does not matter.

3) You should apply for WP.
Thank you for your feedback.
Question about WP, based on info mentioned on CIC under section "Find out if you’re eligible for two-week processing through the Global Skills Strategy" I believe I meet all the 3 requirements listed below under the section:
If you don’t need an LMIA (LMIA-exempt)

• you are applying from outside Canada
  • your job is either skill type 0 (managerial) or skill level A (professional) in the National Occupational Classification system
  • your employer has submitted an offer of employment using the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee
So question is, generally are the employers such as big banks willing to reissue an offer of employment using the employment portal or is it a big hassle that they want to avoid? This is a bit tangential question but I wanted your opinion and wanted to make sure that I ask the potential employer the right question in the most appropriate way.
2) Should I create a CSE and submit my spouse's offer letter or will this create further delays in PR processing? I know you mentioned above that the job offer is insignificant but my question is more about if they review this new doc thus causing further delays.
3) For WP it appears like biometrics are required for my spouse, do you suggest that I get my biometrics as well even if it has not been requested?

Your help is much appreciated!
Thanks again!!

xignifye

Dec 14, 2017
Hie Legalfalcon
After a long wait of six months I got a reply from IRCC saying they have refused my EE application on 18 april 2019. (second attempt)

First attempt for EE that I tried in May, got denied saying they are not satisfied with the duties of supervisor (NOC 6311) I perform in the letter that I provided. So I got new letter from my boss, got reference letter from co-employee and resubmitted the profile. This time I made sure I made no mistake in my application.

ITA Aug 22 2018
AOR Oct 11 2018
ADR: April 4 2019 (pay stub from Nov 2016 to Dec 2017)
Refusal: April 18 2019

Reason for refusal as per them this time "Yourapplication was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: 2016-11 to 2018-10 – Full Time Food Service Supervisor (NOC: 6311) - at Dairy Queen. I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement(s) because you have not demonstrated you have worked full time hours or the equivalent in part time hours."

Express Entry criteria

Your Scores

CRS – Human Capital – Age- 100
CRS – Human Capital – Level of Education-119
CRS – Human Capital – First Official Language-70
Proficiency
CRS – Human Capital – Second Official Language-0
Proficiency
CRS – Human Capital – Canadian Work Experience-35
CRS – Spouse – Level of Education-9
CRS – Spouse – First Official Language Proficiency-12
CRS – Spouse – Canadian Work Experience-0
CRS – Skill Transferability – Education-50
CRS – Skill Transferability – Foreign Work Experience-0
CRS – Skill Transferability – Certificate of Qualification-0
CRS – Additional – French Proficiency or Bilingualism-0
CRS – Additional – PR or Canadian Sibling-15
CRS – Additional – Canadian Education-15
CRS – Additional – Arranged Employment-50
CRS – Additional – Provincial/Territorial Nomination-0
Your overall points score

I claimed 1 year of work experience points on my ITA (score 475). I don't understand why did the officer requested the pay stub for the period of only Nov 2016 to Dec 2017. Also why did he mention 2016-11 to 2018-10 (2 yrs) on refusal letter, when I only claimed points for 1 year. I had already provided those pay-stub initially while filing from November 2016 to May 2018.

My question is when I count number of hours that I worked until August, it goes well beyond the minimum requirement of 1560, then how come I got refusal based on hours requirement.

Below are the number of hours I worked, that are shown on my pay-stub from Nov 2016 till Oct 2018.
* I get paid by weekly.

____________ 1 to 15 ________ 6 to 31
Nov-16 ------- 54.5_____________ 55.5
Dec-16 ------- 64_________ 36.5
Jan-17 ------- 39_________ 10
Feb-17------- 54.25_________ 64.75
Mar-17 ------- 69_________ 68
Apr-17 ------- 67.25 _________ 80.25
May-17------- 89.75_________ 92.5
Jun-17 ------- 78.5_________ 61
Jul-17------- 55_________ 89
Aug-17------- 77_________ 79
Sep-17------- 69.25_________ 29.25
Oct-17------- 56.25_________ 88.5
Nov-17------- 47_________ 28
Dec-17------ 60_________ 63
Jan-18------- 77.5_________ 66.75
Feb-18------- 70.5_________ 57
Mar-18------- 65_________ 61
Apr-18------- 75_________ 77.5
May-18------- 30.5_________ 92.75
Jun-18------- 78_________ 72.25
Jul-18------- 71.5_________ 72
Aug-18------- 66_________ 76.75
Sep-18------- 76.25_________ 69.25
Oct-18------- 85.5_________ 75.25.

When I counted, my hours it goes over 2000. I am pretty sure the IRCC have a different way of counting the hours, but still I believe I have achieved the minimum requirement.

What are the option that I have?
Should I raise a web form query stating to reconsider my application or appeal in Federal Court. What should I do?
Please guide me.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Anurav

Dec 4, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31-07-2018
No need to worry. If you have an NOC outside priority occupation, you will have this.

Ministerial Instructions (MI3): Federal Skilled Workers, Immigrant Investor Program, Entrepreneurs
Effective July 1, 2011, the third set of Ministerial Instructions (MI3) further limited the intake of new FSW applications by lowering the global cap to 10,000, with sub-caps of 500 for each of the 29 priority occupations. It introduced an annual cap of 700 for new applications made under the federal Immigrant Investor Program, and also included a temporary moratorium on Entrepreneur applications while that program undergoes review.
Hi,

Thank you for the comment. I am stuck in mi3 review since Sep 2018. Kindly advise. Do i need to submit any documents or what will be my next step? Is there anything to worry about.

Thanks,

Div_newbie

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Thanks for the reply! But one ECA just has Bachelor's and the rejected Post undergraduate diploma and the other just has Post undergraduate diploma. Will it be a cause of concern? Because I read that if I'm claiming points for two or more degrees/diploma then I need to show ECA for both. Please help!
Please help with this. @legalfalcon

Helpmee

Oct 27, 2018
Dear sir

I got Adr for divrce certificate when I informed cic about my separation and later about my divorce post ppr. Now I will be able to submit the same in coming week.
I need your suggestion to understand how much time cic will generally take to revise my copr and refund my spouse landing fee after submission of divrce certificate. In earlier adr I have already submitted Imm0008.
Kindly guide me.

paigeparmy

Star Member
Apr 15, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon. i would like to ask for your opinion. My AOR is June 7, and for the longest time, my file was in CIO Sydney. yesterday, i got a ghost update, and an ADR from London VO stating: Please list the countries that you have resided in or visited in the last 18 months. Please indicate how much time was spent in each country. This must be received by May 1, 2019.

so i am currently drafting an LOE for what they are asking. but i have some worries and i want to ask for your opinion.

My criminality as per my GCMS notes (dated January 17, 2019) is PASSED. Is there any instance that you know of where this changed to NOT MET? i am trying to look for any instance as well here in the forums.

I am currently residing in Doha, Qatar, and last May, 2018, i went to philippines (which is my home country) and from there, i requested my police clearance, which has 2 days gap from when i left philippines. I am so worried now because after 10+ months, they might have noticed and found this out only after transferring to a different VO. i am requesting for my police clearance from now, but i am not sure that i will have enough time as they only gave me 1 week, and usually police clearance is released after 7 working days.

another thing that i want to ask, in case they decided that my application is not acceptable due to the police clearance, do they give outright refusal or will they give me a chance to wait for the release of my police clearance which is only few days after my deadline?

finally, if i get refused (which i am hoping and praying they wont), i am a provincial nominee (MPNP) and this provincial nominee has expired since November, 2018. i sent email to MPNP to ask if i could get extended however, they replied and said that my provincial nominee is deemed locked when i applied for Express entry. but if worse comes to worst, they refused my PR application, is there any way to extend or reactivate the MPNP certificate?

i know you are not from ircc, so i understand that all the answers i need will all depend on IRCC and MPNP. but i just wanted to ask your opinion based on your vast experience helping people in the forums.

i am not losing hope, so i will wait for my police clearance until May 1, if it gets released before may 1, then i will include both to my LOE, and if not, i will pray that London VO will give me a chance to request for extension to provide the police clearance. but take note, they are not asking for police clearance yet. i am just assuming the worst case, because this is the only thing that i can think of why they are asking for my travel history for the past 18 months. am i overreacting? :| i am so confused and frustrated right now.

thanks in advance!