+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Div_newbie

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon,

I need your help! I got my Bachelor's and PGDM evaluated by WES. The Bachelor's degree was evaluated as 4 years Bachelor's. However the PGDM was termed as a degree from non recogniaed institution.

I got the same credential evaluated by ICES and they evaluated it as Post Undergraduate Diploma.

I'm using two or more degrees/diploma in my express entry profile and using both the reports which shows Bachelor's from WES and PGDM from ICES. Will this cause an issue? Because the WES report also mentions that the PGDM is non recognised.

Please help! Thanks in advance.

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
@legalfalcon
Hi
I had a query. I got a msg for re-medicals today though they expire in aug .. my husband has been in security screening since mid nov .. aor is 3rd sept .. can u plz help me understand tht what can be the reason cuz im really confused .. would appreciate ur response .. thanks in advanve :)

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
What document do we need to upload post ITA for education?
I did research and understood that we need to upload WES report, IELTS and Degree certificate.

Can experts advise if need to also include marksheets? If yes then, advise if to upload all years marksheets or only final year marksheets?

Will appreciate response from experience members.

Daxlim

Apr 14, 2019
I had a ghost update yesterday, called CIC now and was informed criminally moved from passed to not started and eligibility is still recommended passed....Any idea from anyone ..does any other officer comment for criminality too?

alinee13484

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
@legalfalcon

can you help explain this email which i have gotten from CIC and it is very confusing

This refers to your application for permanent residence in the provincial nominee class. The information you have provided is insufficient for a visa officer to be satisfied that you meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
The provincial nominee class is described in Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in the province that has nominated them. Notwithstanding the nomination of an applicant by a province or territory, the federal government has the final authority to select immigrants in the provincial nominee class.
Please read this letter carefully and provide only what is being requested; if you provide incorrect or incomplete information, it may result in your application being refused. You may already have provided similar information as part of your nomination process, but please provide the following ( X ) to assist the federal government with its assessment of your eligibility under Subsection 87 of the IRPR:
1. ( X ) Please note that your case is almost complete, however we note that your medical expires in July, which will limit the visa validity. Please let us know if you would like us to go ahead and finalise, or if you would instead prefer to submit a new medical.
Please submit all of the requested information at the same time, as your file will not be reviewed until submissions are complete. If you do not submit the requested information within 4 days of the date of this letter, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information already provided. This could lead to your application being refused.
Please include a copy of this letter with any information you send.

Cherry01

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
@legalfalcon

can you help explain this email which i have gotten from CIC and it is very confusing

This refers to your application for permanent residence in the provincial nominee class. The information you have provided is insufficient for a visa officer to be satisfied that you meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
The provincial nominee class is described in Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in the province that has nominated them. Notwithstanding the nomination of an applicant by a province or territory, the federal government has the final authority to select immigrants in the provincial nominee class.
Please read this letter carefully and provide only what is being requested; if you provide incorrect or incomplete information, it may result in your application being refused. You may already have provided similar information as part of your nomination process, but please provide the following ( X ) to assist the federal government with its assessment of your eligibility under Subsection 87 of the IRPR:
1. ( X ) Please note that your case is almost complete, however we note that your medical expires in July, which will limit the visa validity. Please let us know if you would like us to go ahead and finalise, or if you would instead prefer to submit a new medical.
Please submit all of the requested information at the same time, as your file will not be reviewed until submissions are complete. If you do not submit the requested information within 4 days of the date of this letter, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information already provided. This could lead to your application being refused.
Okay :/ you should provide whatever they are asking as soon as possible but i dont understand what they are asking for

Daxlim

Apr 14, 2019
I requested gcms note from getgcms.com and I had criminality passed as shown below

https://ibb.co/N6wpbRN

But now,I had a ghost update on Saturday and called to confirm what it meant.The agent said it's because criminality changed to not started.My eligibility status is still recommend passed.Does it mean an officer is looking at my file?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I requested gcms note from getgcms.com and I had criminality passed as shown below

https://ibb.co/N6wpbRN

But now,I had a ghost update on Saturday and called to confirm what it meant.The agent said it's because criminality changed to not started.My eligibility status is still recommend passed.Does it mean an officer is looking at my file?
After you submit your application, someone will be looking at your file and this will happen multiple times. There is no way to know what is happening in real time unless you install a camera in the IRCC office.

What matters is that at what stage your application is at. All applications go through the following:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

All this letter is asking you for is if you want to request for a re-medical. If you do not submit new medical results, you will be issued a PR visa which may have a very short duration.

Daxlim

Apr 14, 2019
After you submit your application, someone will be looking at your file and this will happen multiple times. There is no way to know what is happening in real time unless you install a camera in the IRCC office.

What matters is that at what stage your application is at. All applications go through the following:

R10
Criminality
Medicals
Eligibility
Security
Thanks sir...It was just a little weird that my criminality changed from passed to not started again

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
What document do we need to upload post ITA for education?
I did research and understood that we need to upload WES report, IELTS and Degree certificate.

Can experts advise if need to also include marksheets? If yes then, advise if to upload all years marksheets or only final year marksheets?

Will appreciate response from experience members.
As per IRCC:

Proof of studies
Purpose
To confirm education claims and validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements
  • To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
    • provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
    • obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.
  • Proof of completed Canadian or foreign educational credentials can include copies of
    • secondary or post-secondary education documents (certificates, diplomas or degrees); and
    • transcripts for successfully completed secondary or post-secondary studies, if available.
  • Applicants must provide the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) number of the Canadian Institution where they completed their highest degree to be assigned points for their Canadian educational credentials.
    • At the EE profile and application stage, the system will ask the candidate to enter the # of their DLI by using the list of DLI posted on IRCC website. The system will insert a note if the number of the DLI doesn’t match for the officer to review
  • In cases where an applicant’s background information suggests that a Canadian education credential may have been obtained via distance learning either abroad or while present in Canada, it is at the officer’s discretion to request for supporting documentation.
    • If it is determined that the applicant obtained more than 50 percent of their education via distance learning, the applicant should not be awarded additional Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points for having a Canadian education credential. If the reduction in CRS points results in the applicant having a score below the minimum CRS, the application should be refused per A11.2.
  • Where an ECA has been obtained, the applicant must provide the ECA reference number in their e-APR for online validation directly from the issuing organization.
    • A scanned copy of the ECA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.
    • Applicants are instructed to indicate that their education was completed by correspondence by typing in brackets {by correspondence} on the same line as the education institution name found in the Education Background Information tab of GCMS. The discretion remains with the officer to decide if a police certificate is required for the country of the education institution

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hi
I had a query. I got a msg for re-medicals today though they expire in aug .. my husband has been in security screening since mid nov .. aor is 3rd sept .. can u plz help me understand tht what can be the reason cuz im really confused .. would appreciate ur response .. thanks in advanve :)
If you are in SS, a re-meds request is usually sent when the SS is completed or about to be.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I need your help! I got my Bachelor's and PGDM evaluated by WES. The Bachelor's degree was evaluated as 4 years Bachelor's. However the PGDM was termed as a degree from non recogniaed institution.

I got the same credential evaluated by ICES and they evaluated it as Post Undergraduate Diploma.

I'm using two or more degrees/diploma in my express entry profile and using both the reports which shows Bachelor's from WES and PGDM from ICES. Will this cause an issue? Because the WES report also mentions that the PGDM is non recognised.

Please help! Thanks in advance.
You don't need to use both the ECA. Just use the one most favorable to your case, which in your case is the one from ICES.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

My AOR is 23 Mar 2018 and was in RR since Jun 2018 according to my first GCMS notes(for list of job duties to confirm NOC) which I got in Aug 18 and sent a Letter of Explanation same day. Since then I always got a reply that application is in queue for review, next GCMS notes in Dec was nothing different from the first. Even CSE reply on 12 Mar 2019 mentioned I was in queue for review again. I have got a request for medical on 01 Apr 2019 (previous medicals 20 Mar 2018 and MEP 04 April 2018). I sent the new medical information sheet/Acknowledgement of medicals via webform on 05 April and got a reply 0n 9th that the application is in NDVO. Ghost update on 11 April 2019- Medicals pass. The agent was not able to tell anything on call as the file is at NDVO.

AOR 23 Mar 18
MEP 04 Apr 18
IP2 Jun 18
1st GCMS - 28 Aug 2018 (Webform- Submitted LOE same day)
2nd GCMS - 14 Dec 2018 (same as previous with only activity of receipt of LOE
further all calls n CSE - awaiting review
Medical Request- 01 Apr 2019
Date of Medicals - 03 Apr 2019. (Sent CSE on 05 Apr 19 and got reply on 09 Apr that they forwarded it to NDVO)
MEP (Ghost update) 11 Apr 2019

Can you throw some light if this would imply Im done with the review?
The finalization of the eligibility happens at the LVO. If your LVO us slow, then it will take more time than normal, which is happening in your case.

With the given time that has lapsed, there should have been progress. Whether the review is done or not, I can't say without looking at your GCMS notes.

pantone1767

Feb 19, 2019
Please @legalfalcon I need your input, could you please assist me on my case?

My Aor is July 27th and I am stuck in "criminality in progress". I ordered notes twice and both look exactly the same.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Met (When I called IRCC the agent said Passed but I don't know if this information is reliable. There was Settlement Funds: Review Required but the notes did not state why and since it shows it is met I believe it was cleared. Am I right? )
Security: Not started
Criminality: In progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

The most recent update shows the following:

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2018/11/15
Created by: SH18299
Updated Date: 2018/11/15
Updated By: SH18299
Restricted: No
Label: Adm/Criminality
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: ----- Primary Applicant 1- Vietnam police certificate: Provided : Review Required PC translated by notary EDocs XXXXXXXXX 2- Brazil police certificate: Provided - NRT Recommendation: Review Required

I have no criminal records. I lived in Vietnam because of my work and submitted the correct PCC (following the instructions given on CIC website) and the translation process was taken care by a vietnamese law firm nominated by the Vietnamese National Center for Criminal Records. My brazilian pcc is also correct and it shows I am cleared as well.

I raised a CSE showing emails that I exchanged with the vietnamese government employee and her indication to this law firm in order to prove they are serious. I don't know why they are concerned about the vietnamese pcc translation, therefore I ordered another translation from a canadian registered translator to compare both.

What do you suggest me to do? Do you think I should act proactively and submit the new translation or should I wait for them to request something? I am worried they are delaying my process for no reason.

On March 4th I raised a CSE asking about the status of my process and they answered the following: "The application is awaiting review of an officer with regards to the police certificates and translation submitted. Security clearance would not be addressed until that review is finalized by an officer. Notification will be sent in due course."

Please advise me, your help is much appreciated!!!