+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

saikatroy

Jul 15, 2016
Section 22(1)(b), states as follows:

21 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains
(b) an account of consultations or deliberations in which directors, officers or employees of a government institution, a minister of the Crown or the staff of a minister participate,

Any information that falls under the above, will not be disclosed. This does not mean that you are in SS.
Hi @legalfalcon thank you so much for your reply. Is there any reason to be concerned about this? I am anxious because a portion of the notes under the A39-A41 has been redacted, and I saw that this section might be related to eligibility and misrepresentation. Should I be worried? Looking forward to your response.

Thanks again!
Saikat

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legal falcon, my aor is of 28th july 2018,now in 6th month i got information by calling cic that my elieligibilty is in review rerequired, so their are two queries regarding this. First thing is whether to wait now for cic reply or i ordered gcms and as per review required, i give information through web form without asking by cic agent. Second query is, how much time they will take to clear eligibilty after review required. What is best option after wewget information of eligibility review required ? Your reply wouldwbe appreciated
If you request GCMS notes, you will have a clear picture as to why you have a review required. If you just send documents, you will be assuming that your RR is for that specific issue, but what if it is not.

PheonixUnicorn

Oct 2, 2018
Hi Legal falcon,
I will appreciate your input. Although my criminality has passed ,my 11.2(eligibility)has not started per gcms.I am 3 months post aor and 2 months post r10.My file is at Sydney.
1. Do you have any insights about possible reasons?
2.is this an unusual trend?
3.does this suggest my application will be processed outside the 6 months limit?

Thank you

PU

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon thank you so much for your reply. Is there any reason to be concerned about this? I am anxious because a portion of the notes under the A39-A41 has been redacted, and I saw that this section might be related to eligibility and misrepresentation. Should I be worried? Looking forward to your response.

Thanks again!
Saikat

39 A foreign national is inadmissible for financial reasons if they are or will be unable or unwilling to support themself or any other person who is dependent on them, and have not satisfied an officer that adequate arrangements for care and support, other than those that involve social assistance, have been made.

40 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation

• (a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act;

• (b) for being or having been sponsored by a person who is determined to be inadmissible for misrepresentation;

• (c) on a final determination to vacate a decision to allow their claim for refugee protection or application for protection; or

• (d) on ceasing to be a citizen under
  • Citizenship Act, as it read immediately before the coming into force of section 8 of the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, in the circumstances set out in subsection 10(2) of the Citizenship Act, as it read immediately before that coming into force,
  • Citizenship Act, in the circumstances set out in section 10.2 of that Act, or
    Citizenship Act, in the circumstances set out in section 10.2 of that Act.
These are the concerned sections that you have listed. I am not privy to your application, so I can't say much. However, you can request CBSA notes to get a better picture and a reason why this is there.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I need your help @legalfalcon. I have ITA for express entry but I'm unable to complete the application.
Due to a clerical error by my school registration officer several years ago, my date of birth is 3 months apart from that of one of my nearest sibling. His date of birth is correct but mine is not.
As my very first credential had this wrong DoB, I had continued to use that date on all subsequent official documents including my international passport just so to avoid complications, thereby perpetuating the initial error.
What can I do to avoid misrepresentation? I have thought about the following options: Do I
(1) Leave out only his details from family history and include every one else to avoid the question as to why siblings of the same parents were born only 3 months apart? Or
(2) Leave out the details of all family members altogether so that should any of my siblings also apply for express entry or any other visa to Canada, there will be no contradicting information with IRCC from the information they supply and the one I had earlier provided (since I had provided nothing).
(3) Claim he's my step-brother
(4) Write a letter to IRCC explaining that although I am officially 29 years old as indicated in all my credentials (primary to university) and international passport, that I am actually 30 years old but I can't prove it. That will also reduce my CRS score and make me ineligible.
None of these is sensible enough. That is why I need your help, your legal insight and wisdom. I look forward to reading your suggestions.
Use the passport and the date mentioned in it as your DoB. In the application you only have to list your siblings, not how they are your siblings. IRCC has no business in asking you whether your brother was adopted etc., since it is not his application.

(1), and (2), will fall under concealing information. And (2) is definitely a misrepresentation.

Instead if you would like to get the record straight, you can simple add aLoE and explain the situation and include your school certificate as a supporting document.

Reactions: Nimrod

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal falcon,
I will appreciate your input. Although my criminality has passed ,my 11.2(eligibility)has not started per gcms.I am 3 months post aor and 2 months post r10.My file is at Sydney.
1. Do you have any insights about possible reasons?
2.is this an unusual trend?
3.does this suggest my application will be processed outside the 6 months limit?

Thank you

PU
It takes 6 months to most application to be processed. Your re just 3 months into the process. Have patience.

modynripen

Mar 28, 2017
@legalfalcon
I was on Work Permit in Toronto from March2018 to July 2018. I am now back in India and recently got an invite from Ontario for EE.
My AOR is 16nov and current status shows to be Medical Passed or IP1 as they say.
So my question here is that I do not work for that employer anymore but I have a valid work permit and Temporary residence visa in my passport valid until Nov 2019.
Can I travel to Toronto in March as I need to attend my friend's wedding. Would it affect my PR process in any way ?

Your reply would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Thank you for the timely response and pieces of advice. I really appreciate it.
Please I need further clarification on the bolded. Indeed it's not his application and I do not have any intention to support his application for sibling points in the future. But just to be sure, are you saying we could have birthdays at 3 months apart as siblings and no questions asked by IRCC?

Use the passport and the date mentioned in it as your DoB. In the application you only have to list your siblings, not how they are your siblings. IRCC has no business in asking you whether your brother was adopted etc., since it is not his application.

(1), and (2), will fall under concealing information. And (2) is definitely a misrepresentation.

Instead if you would like to get the record straight, you can simple add a LoE and explain the situation and include your school certificate as a supporting document.
I would love above anything else to get the record straight, however, as in this instance, the VO disregarded a genuine legal documents obtained with false information (adopted parents who obtained an authentic birth certificate showing they are biological parents). Would my certificates, transcripts and passport fair any better?

j0hnUSA

Jan 11, 2019
If the charge was dismissed, then there would be no criminality issue. Also, if you have answered the statutory questions in the application correctly, you are all good.
Hi again,

@legalfalcon

Thanks for the reply. There was one charge that was not prosecuted and therefore no conviction so I am hesitant about that one. As such, if criminality and security is passed does that indicate that any criminal inadmissibility issues have been overcome?

Thanks.

SimpleMac

Nov 22, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
My previous employer , just gave a general reliving letter without roles and responsibilities. I sent them email asking for the same, but they replied that they don't provide such information. Could you please let me know, if I can get my colleague to write the same on plain paper and get it notarized. would that work?

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
As per R10, if the application is incomplete it will be rejected. This is what happened in your case. You can gather all the document again and re-apply. Your application if it meets the program under which you applied, will be processed without issues. However, you will have to make a profile and wait for an ITA.
Yes I am gathering my spouse Australian pcc with code 35 . My blunder mistake I uploaded 2010 pcc thinking it complied all cic requirements. Sir @legalfalcon I am Indian citizen and my pic dated Oct 2018. Should I get latest one now? My score is 466 and put my file in pool on 12 Jan 2019.thanku in advance

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Good day @legalfalcon ,
I would highly appreciate it if you could shade some light on the average waiting time between remed and ppr issuance
SS started in May, 2018.
Remed request in Dec 17, 2018 based on phone call and an email received from the VO. The calling officer clearly said that once the remed is cleared we will call you to bring passport and photo to get your visa.
Remed done the next day
Remed passed Dec 21, 2018, I'm still waiting for the golden mail.
The remed request email stated that remed must be done withing 30 days after receiving the notice.
Thank you in advance,

abexcosec

Jan 16, 2018
Dear _________________
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your
application, an interview is required.
We are therefore pleased to advise that you are required to attend
an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:
VENUE -
DATE -
TIME -

The purpose of this interview will be to determine your eligibility for admission to Canada.
Please bring the following original documents with you to the interview:Your marriage certificate.Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor, and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already
submitted)
Client Information: Provide all evidence of employment (past and present) – original offer of employment, promotion letters, pay slips etc

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section

Client Information: Provide bank statements showing salary payments/deposits.Client Information: Provide original birth certificates and marriage certificates.Client Information: Provide past and present passports.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE
RECEPTIONIST WHEN YOU CHECK IN FOR THE INTERVIEW. DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED
PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THE INTERVIEW
Please note that interviews scheduled in Accra will be conducted in English or French, the official
language of your choice. If you require an interpreter in any other language or dialect, it is your
responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for an interpreter, including payment for his/her
services. If you arrive at interview and the officer is unable to conduct the interview due to your inability in English or French or the absence of an interpreter, the interview will not take place. Your application may then be assessed based on the information on file, and this may result in an unfavourable decision.
PLEASE NOTE
If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in
advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you do not appear for your
interview on the date scheduled, and do not contact us on the date of the interview to explain why you have not appeared for interview within 24 hours, we will make a decision using the existing information on file.
Do not give up employment, dispose of household effects or make travel or any other arrangement until you have received notice that you are accepted for immigration and your passport with visa printed in it has been returned to you. There is no assurance at this stage that a visa will be granted to you, and we cannot always accommodate travel requests once a file has been approved, but passport has not yet been returned to the client.
Please bring this letter, any relevant supporting documents, and your passport with you when you appear for your appointment.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards

abexcosec

Jan 16, 2018
Dear _________________
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order to continue processing your
application, an interview is required.
We are therefore pleased to advise that you are required to attend
an interview at the location, date and time indicated below:
VENUE -
DATE -
TIME -

The purpose of this interview will be to determine your eligibility for admission to Canada.
Please bring the following original documents with you to the interview:Your marriage certificate.Photos of your marriage ceremony (if you are being sponsored by your spouse).Proof of communication (i.e. photos, letters, E-mails, phone bills) between you and your sponsor, and any other documentation you may have in respect to your relationship.Historical identification such as school documents, birth certificates, previous passports etc. (Please bring originals of documents to interview if not already
submitted)
Client Information: Provide all evidence of employment (past and present) – original offer of employment, promotion letters, pay slips etc

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section

Client Information: Provide bank statements showing salary payments/deposits.Client Information: Provide original birth certificates and marriage certificates.Client Information: Provide past and present passports.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL REQUESTED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE
RECEPTIONIST WHEN YOU CHECK IN FOR THE INTERVIEW. DOCUMENTS NOT SUBMITTED
PRIOR TO THE INTERVIEW MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED AT THE INTERVIEW
Please note that interviews scheduled in Accra will be conducted in English or French, the official
language of your choice. If you require an interpreter in any other language or dialect, it is your
responsibility to make the necessary arrangements for an interpreter, including payment for his/her
services. If you arrive at interview and the officer is unable to conduct the interview due to your inability in English or French or the absence of an interpreter, the interview will not take place. Your application may then be assessed based on the information on file, and this may result in an unfavourable decision.
PLEASE NOTE
If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated, you must inform us well in
advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. If you do not appear for your
interview on the date scheduled, and do not contact us on the date of the interview to explain why you have not appeared for interview within 24 hours, we will make a decision using the existing information on file.
Do not give up employment, dispose of household effects or make travel or any other arrangement until you have received notice that you are accepted for immigration and your passport with visa printed in it has been returned to you. There is no assurance at this stage that a visa will be granted to you, and we cannot always accommodate travel requests once a file has been approved, but passport has not yet been returned to the client.
Please bring this letter, any relevant supporting documents, and your passport with you when you appear for your appointment.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Regards
@legalfalcon and all,
Please we need your help. We received the above from Accra VO some days ago for interview convocation. What we noticed from the above is that the principal applicant is the only one required to attend the interview (Though we plan going together) with no instruction for accompanying spouse. In our recent GCMS notes, it stated that Client has Accompanying Spouse as No(Which should be Yes). I hope they are trying to separate my family. Please, what do you think about this and what do suggest we do. We are FSW applicant.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: