17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon,

I am a PR in Canada. When I applied for my PR in 2017 my wife and daughter were listed as non-accompanying dependents. Later they joined me to Canada on TRV. Their visitor visa is valid for 3 years. However, upon entry in July 2018, they were entitled to a 6 months stay which will end in January 2018.

Now I am planning to submit their inland sponsorship application under the Canada class in early December 2018 and apply for an extension of stay in mid-December 2018 stating that I have applied for a sponsorship and other family reasons.

Is it the right thing to do?

Or will it make more sense to apply for an extension of stay first and then submit the sponsorship application?

Please also advice if an outland application would be a better option in my situation.

Please advice.
Apply for an extension of stay and then file the sponsorship application. The TRV has an intent of an application staying temporarily in Canada and then leaving. If you give the reason to extend due to filing the sponsorship application, then it vitiates the intent of the TRV and may go against you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I need your help regarding my situation. I am EE FSW O applicant and my AOR crossed 6 months. My details are as follows:

AOR - 30 April, 2018.
Married - May 24, 2018
Added Spouse - June 7, 2018
I'm residing in the US and my wife is in India.

As per past GCMSes:

R10 passed: May 4, 2018
Elig recommend passed: May 28, 2018
Spouse docs received: Jun 11, 2018
No update for 3 months...
Officer review: September 12, 2018
Elig passed mentioning he/she is satisfied on the balance of probabilities the PA meets eligibility requirements of R75, R76. No concerns on work ex, POF, and no relationship concerns.

Security and criminality is still not started for me and spouse. I have completed almost 7 months now and yet to received PPR. I have emailed/called CIC but all I hear is to wait it out. Do you know any reason why application is taking so long in spite of no concerns on the submitted documents?

Also, my company is planning to raise Intra Company Transfer visa for me (and Open WP for spouse). Do you think it will be an issue with my EE already in progress. Please guide.
If you added your spouse after your eligibility was recommended passed, it adds a few additional months. So your application is on a normal trajectory. To keep a tab on your application progress, you can consider requesting GCMS notes on a periodic basis, as apart from inform you of the status, it helps move your application at times too.

You intra company transfer and OWP will have no impact on the processing of your application at all.

amolsjain89

Jan 24, 2018
If you added your spouse after your eligibility was recommended passed, it adds a few additional months. So your application is on a normal trajectory. To keep a tab on your application progress, you can consider requesting GCMS notes on a periodic basis, as apart from inform you of the status, it helps move your application at times too.

You intra company transfer and OWP will have no impact on the processing of your application at all.
Thanks a lot!!

I checked the ICT intake form (probably an internal form) but it asks if my move to Canada using ICT is permanent or temporary and also asks the duration of work in Canada. Any suggestions how can I answer this considering my EE is in progress?

BadLuckSam

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting.
Since I am not privy to your documents I can't give you a conclusive answer. If after 17 months your eligibility still hasn't passed, what makes you feel things will be different when you re-apply.

Weigh the pros and cons. Only if you feel that things will be substantially different, only then make that call. Also be advised that IRCC will keep a copy of your application even if you decide to withdraw it. If your new application is substantially different from what you filed before, it will create more questions than answers.
Thank you @legalfalcon. According to my notes (Note 7) https://imgur.com/a/5jOj9BJ , one of two employment letters that I've submitted seems to be the reason behind the delay. The reason, I supposed, is that it wasn't a proper employment letter, but some proofs that I compiled (emails etc...). Now I don't need that particular letter because, almost two years later, I have 3 years of documented experience from another job. It's just frustration speaking, but I did everything I could and I'm not getting answers from IRCC...

Reactions: MarsiaMS

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon. According to my notes (Note 7) https://imgur.com/a/5jOj9BJ , one of two employment letters that I've submitted seems to be the reason behind the delay. The reason, I supposed, is that it wasn't a proper employment letter, but some proofs that I compiled (emails etc...). Now I don't need that particular letter because, almost two years later, I have 3 years of documented experience from another job. It's just frustration speaking, but I did everything I could and I'm not getting answers from IRCC...
If you meet the CRS and MEC, there is no need to worry. IRCC will never give straight answers, as there is no straight answer to begin with. The person responding to emails is not the same who is evaluating your application, so he can't say much about it. Also, the quantum of emails IRCC receives it is impossible to give personalized answers to each.

The only way to track is GCMS notes, and if they expressly state that you meet the CRS and MEC, there is no need to worry, just have patience.

Reactions: MarsiaMS

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Apply for an extension of stay and then file the sponsorship application. The TRV has an intent of an application staying temporarily in Canada and then leaving. If you give the reason to extend due to filing the sponsorship application, then it vitiates the intent of the TRV and may go against you.
Thank you. But I have seen many people in the forum applied for sponsorship and then applied for extension showing that reason. What if in our extension application we state that they will leave if their sponsorship application is declined? Please advise.

duytuanbme

Oct 4, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon,
I got my AOR for PR application in November 2018. However, I just realized that I forgot to mention a 3-month internship that I did in Canada back in 2015 in my Travel History. My passport does include a valid Canadian Visa stamped for that duration, and I still keep the Work Permit as well.
I was just wondering should I submit a CSE in this case? Would it slow down my PR process by any chance?
Thank you in advance. I look forward to your reply.

Last edited:

Ismaili-Berber

Star Member
Oct 20, 2018
@legalfalcon Hi!

Please What mean assignment due date on page 2 in GCMS notes ? i just got them from getgcms..
Does it mean my application will be proceed in this due date? or an agent have to look at it in this due date?

Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you. But I have seen many people in the forum applied for sponsorship and then applied for extension showing that reason. What if in our extension application we state that they will leave if their sponsorship application is declined? Please advise.
I have given you my thought and what I would do. What others do, I can't help with that.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,
I got my AOR for PR application in November 2018. However, I just realized that I forgot to mention a 3-month internship that I did in Canada back in 2015 in my Travel History. My passport does include a valid Canadian Visa stamped for that duration, and I still keep the Work Permit as well.
I was just wondering should I submit a CSE in this case? Would it slow down my PR process by any chance?
Thank you in advance. I look forward to your reply.
If you are not claiming points for it, it is not material. However, if there is a gap in your travel / personal history you will be asked ro re-submit Schedule A. So you can go ahead and send a CSE and inform IRCC of this internship. You can also consider filling Schedule A and submitting that with your CSE.

Reactions: duytuanbme

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi!

Please What mean assignment due date on page 2 in GCMS notes ? i just got them from getgcms..
Does it mean my application will be proceed in this due date? or an agent have to look at it in this due date?

Thank you!
Due date is a system generated date and has no relevance. Most application are processed before that and some keep sitting way past it.

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
@legalfalcon Hi!

Thank you!
I am no expert, but I had a conversation about the due date with a CIC agent on the phone. They told me that your officer will have to look at your application by that date. They do not have to make a decision though. It is not a deadline.

Reactions: Ismaili-Berber

duytuanbme

Oct 4, 2018
If you are not claiming points for it, it is not material. However, if there is a gap in your travel / personal history you will be asked ro re-submit Schedule A. So you can go ahead and send a CSE and inform IRCC of this internship. You can also consider filling Schedule A and submitting that with your CSE.
Thank you for the insightful reply. :)

I do not claim any CRS point for this internship, also there is no gap in my travel/personal history because the internship was done during my undergrad study. In fact, my CRS points for Education are claimed entirely from my Canadian Master's degree.

Given this information, would you still recommend submitting a CSE?

My apologies if I ask too many questions, just want to make sure my application is processed smoothly.

Thank you.

Last edited:

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon

I might have made a mistake in the client information documents section. Please advise! I have received my AOR on November 28th 2018. In the client information documents section, i uploaded a pdf and briefly explained about my profile summary and provided a snapshot of my FSW and CRS scores in tabular format. I have more than 4 years of work experience across multiple NOC's listed in work history and my CRS score is 453. My FSW score across multiple NOC's which is not continuous would amount to 13 points under FSW grid. I have more than 2 years of full time continuous experience in my primary NOC which amounts to 11 points under FSW grid. In the FSW table in client information section, i mentioned only 11 points (2 to 3 years) for experience in Primary NOC and put my final score as 70 points instead of 72 (Across multiple NOC's and not continuous). I thought the experience need to be continuous and in one occupation. I have listed in CRS table, that i have more than 4 years work experience in the last 10 years with multiple NOC's. Did i enter FSW experience points correctly? Is FSW points calculated for only primary NOC continuous experience or it is combination of all our experiences across multiple NOC's under work history? Please advise, if i need to raise a CSE for the same or should i ignore?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Dear @legalfalcon

I have another question, please advise. I have attached my former company employment reference letter, pay slips, tax returns along with my HR manager employee ID card in work history. My previous company has a partnership with another company with different name, which has global operations, but they continue to use the same office address in India's as our company.They don't have any branches in India. In LinkedIn profile, my HR manager mentioned that she works for company with global operations instead of the one, provided in reference letter. When asked, she said, both are partner and sister companies and she included my company name in the bottom line of her latest experience section in LinkedIn. She provided me her employee id card and mentioned her email address(which belong to my company) in the reference letter. Will this cause any problem? Should i send a CSE for the same or ignore?

Appreciate your help!

Last edited: