+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

natarum

Jul 11, 2018
Hi Legalfalcon,

Could you please help with the below queries?

I got my ITA yesterday and have time unti Dec 15 2018 to submit all the documents. I need to submit PCC for India, Singapore and USA as I lived in these countries for more than 6 months in the last 10 years. Currently I am residing in the US and I am an Indian citizen.

1.After I get US PCC(most likely by first week of Nov 2018), can I travel to India and come back? In this case, will my US PCC be valid or will I need a new US PCC after coming back from India?
2.After I get India PCC(most likely by first week of Nov 2018), can I travel to India and come back or do I need to get India PCC again after leaving India and coming back to USA?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
I am currently working as PostDoc (LMIA-Exempted WP) since Mar-18 (will be concluding 1st yr experience by end of Feb-19), just received extension letter from university for 2 yrs. (Mar-19 to Feb-21), I have to apply for WP extension now, and after that in Mar-19, will apply for PR accordingly as inland CEC.

The job offer letter (i.e. extension letter) from HR doesn't states the sentences about at least one year after PR, but it's quite obvious that it's for 2 yrs extension, and in Mar-19 when I will apply for PR based upon this job offer, I would claim 50 points and as well as 1 yr experience pts. under CEC category...is it OK to sign and proceed or should I ask HR to write at least one year after PR sentence?

Urgent reply would be highly appreciated! thanks!

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

Could you please help with the below queries?

I got my ITA yesterday and have time unti Dec 15 2018 to submit all the documents. I need to submit PCC for India, Singapore and USA as I lived in these countries for more than 6 months in the last 10 years. Currently I am residing in the US and I am an Indian citizen.

1.After I get US PCC(most likely by first week of Nov 2018), can I travel to India and come back? In this case, will my US PCC be valid or will I need a new US PCC after coming back from India?
2.After I get India PCC(most likely by first week of Nov 2018), can I travel to India and come back or do I need to get India PCC again after leaving India and coming back to USA?

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has traveled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.
  • Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

To answer your query-
1) Yes it will be valid because USA is your current country of resident and PCC is valid for 6 months irrespective of your travel in and out of USA.
2) It seems OK because you wouldn't be living in India six months in a row.

@legalfalcon please clarify this.

PCC is one of the most common causes of cancellation of the application during R10 completeness check. So be very careful about it.

rivertosouth

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Hello sir @legalfalcon ,
I ordered CBSA notes and have 4 security screening related activities, the last one is in progress by CBSA, does that mean that I have passed the security check by CBSA? Also, I was told by the agent that I have passed the part 2 of the background check and part 1 is still in progress, so I think maybe once CSIS finishes the job on my application, I will pass the security check, is that right? I really need your professional opinions!
Thanks a ton!
Hello Sir @legalfalcon
Need your comment, please!
Thanks in advance.

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon

I have received my ITA on October 15th, now i am planning to submit my application in couple of weeks. Before getting to placeholder section, i need to fill in personal,education, travel, address history and immediate family details.

I an unmarried and the only applicant. I have few questions in filling the above details, please clarify my doubts.

1) In the immediate family particulars, i have an issue with filling my mother's given name. My passport does not have my mother's complete first name. My mother's passport first name is bit lengthy.
What are my options now? Should i enter the first name as per my mother's passport and attach her passport bio page in LOE and mention that it is different to my passport etc? Or Should i just mention my mother's first name as per my passport and ignore the lengthy first name on her passport? Will it be a problem if i choose the second option?

Note : I don't have time to change my passport, as for this request in India, they will provide a new passport.

2) My ECA from WES included my bachelors and Master's degrees. But,i have some incomplete degree education in multiple universities. I don't want to include any transcripts. So just like work history section, where we include only the jobs we want to claim points and rest of them we include in personal history,Is it the same for education history as well? Like can we include only degrees for which we have done our assessment through WES in education history and rest of the incomplete education can be mentioned in personal history? Or should i mention my incomplete education degree in education history as well?

3) This question is regarding travel history. I am from India, and the only country i travelled multiple times was USA. So the travel history should be filled with only international trips from home country to other countries, or do we need to enter trips within different cities in India and US as well? The travel time from India to USA and vice versa is around a day. So should i enter the date stamp i got in India while exiting and entering India from USA or should i enter the date stamp while exiting India and exiting USA? There will be a difference of a day etc, so i am confused here. Please help me.

For example, one of my international trip would be:

Dec 18th 2006 to August 17th 2011 (This date stamp is exiting from India and entering in India)
However, another way would be Dec 18th 2006 to August 15th 2011 (This date stamp is exiting from India and exiting from USA)

Which one should i enter?

4) My current Indian passport is obtained in 2016, and only that passport details are mentioned in ID Documents summary. Do i need to mention my old expired passport details as well in ID documents section, because it has my visa stamps and entry/exit details or it is not required? Can i just mention in passport placeholder section and attach old expired passport bio, visa stamps and entry/exit pages along with all pages of my current passport?

5) In the work history, i have included one job which was a full time employment for 4 months, while i was studying at a university in USA under CPT. Is it okay since the job(full time while studying) is outside of Canada? Should i remove the job? I do have my employer letter, all payslips and tax returns.

6) How do we ensure, personal, travel, address and education history are in sync? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

7) Regarding statutory questions, once i had my F-1 student reinstatement petition denied in US, and another time i was refused visa at a us consulate. So i am answering yes for both questions and mentioning the below answers. Will the below answers suffice or should i explain in detail like in LOE?

My F-1 student reinstatement petition was denied by USCIS on July 16th 2011 and i voluntarily left USA on August 15th 2011 to my home country (India).

My F-1 Student visa was refused on September 7th 2011 at US consulate in Hyderabad, India.

Thanks a lot for your help!

natarum

Jul 11, 2018
  • For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has traveled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.
  • Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in colour. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

To answer your query-
1) Yes it will be valid because USA is your current country of resident and PCC is valid for 6 months irrespective of your travel in and out of USA.
2) It seems OK because you wouldn't be living in India six months in a row.

@legalfalcon please clarify this.

PCC is one of the most common causes of cancellation of the application during R10 completeness check. So be very careful about it.
@legalfalcon,

Could you please confirm on this? Appreciate your inputs.

Reactions: aswathi_ashokan

bababloggs

Nov 1, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon
Re-posting this:
Thank you for helping interpret these notes. Just received our GCMS notes and it was quite confusing. We need your expertise sir. Will really appreciate if you can help analyse, decipher and advise on next line of action. This is what our GCMS notes say:

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2018/06/22 12:22:34
Created By JM01158
Updated Date: 2018/06/22 12:22:40
Updated By JM01158
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Text:
A11.2 - CASE PROCESSING AGENT: Lock-in Date: 2018-05-31_EXXXXXXXX PA:XXXXXXXXXXXXX- EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.
__________________________________________________________________ MI3
SUMMARY NOTES: OFFICER REVIEW REQUIRED: A11.2: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Review Required R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS : REVIEW REQUIRED R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS : REVIEW REQUIRED FSW points total: 57

Outstanding Documents (Not Requested): - (XXXXXXXXXXXXX) DEP 2: MEDICAL - In Progress
RPRF: Complete_________________________________________________________________
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS Score at invitation to apply (ITA) 445 CRS points minimum score for round: 441 CRS score at application (APR): 445 Total CRS Points Assessed: 380 / Verified CRS score: 380 I have reviewed the following for CRS points: PA gained points for Bachelor's degree SP gained points for Master's degree

INTEGRATED SEARCH (FOSS/GCMS): No trace for all other than present application
________________________________________________________________________________________ FAMILY
COMPOSITION: MARRIED since 2013-07-13; Marriage certificate is on file; Spouse is ACCOMPANYING No indication of previous marriages/cl partners 2 children accompanying; Birth certificates reviewed: PA and Spouse listed as parents MEDICALS: All valid for 6 months or more EXCEPT CHILD 2 - In Progress PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more
________________________________________________________________________________________ WORK
EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2018-05-31 Primary Occupation: NOC 2282 User Support Technicians EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Bachelor's Degree: COMPUTER SCIENCE 2015-01 to 2018-05 - IT Service Support (NOC: 2282) -at XXXXXXXX NIG LTD.
- Letter confirms salary of N 954,720 ANNUALLY - Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED CRS Foreign Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of 3 year(s) - REVIEW REQUIRED

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Family of 4 requires CAD $23 181

NOTES: 2
Created Date: 2018/06/11 22:29:36
Created By JB7920
Updated Date: 2018/06/11 22:29:39
Updated By JB7920
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION: XXXXXX REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 441 CRS SCORE: 445 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Dep 1 Application Promoted: New UCI Dep 2 Application Promoted: New UCI SP: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Dep 1 Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Dep 2 Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified---LANGUAGES---- Principal Applicant 1 -English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified

Spouse 1 -English- IELTS and Verified --------- EDUCATION-------Primary Applicant 2-ECA report Verified on issuing
agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree (four years) Foreign credential provided Spouse 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's degree Foreign credential provided------ POLICE CERTIFICATE------
Primary Applicant 1- Nigeria police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- USA FBI police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse 1- Nigeria police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK
Recommendation: Review Required - Stat Questions---------------AGE------------ Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR

Based on my assumption, it seems our FSW marks were reduced by 65 points and wife's (Principal Applicant) work experience of 3 years was not considered. Please, we really need your professional opinions and advice! Thanks a ton in advance!

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. raise a CSE and inform IRCC of change of country or residence and they will send new instructions to send passport to the VO in Australia.

2. Your question is not clear, did he add his spouse after the application was processed?
Hello Sir, thank you very much for your response. He went to the Perth office and they told him that his passport will be stamped at Sydney, NSW VAC. Furthermore, they didn't even take the family information form saying it was not required as rules are different for different country. So he submitted his passport at the Perth office. He didn't add his spouse later, he applied together with his wife from the very start.

muz

Star Member
Dec 29, 2007
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
1. You can travel and there is no need to inform VO. Information to Vo is only required when you change your country of residence, or have to update your address.

2. You can send a CSE and request that the biometrics be taken in a specific country and they will change the VO.

3. No. see above.
Dear Legalfalcon,
Thank you for your response. You are a champ.

Actually I just realized that my wife visa will be resident visa for Qatar (I didn't knew earlier just came to know yesterday) but she will be with me in Qatar for two months only and will move back to Pak. In this situation should I inform Visa Officer via CSE?

If I have to inform VO will it require new PCC's from Qatar & Pak? Actually I am afraid of getting new PCCs from these countries as the process is very painful.

Also, when is the Biometrics requests issued by VO? Is it soon after Med passed or as and when VO wants? I have paid for Biometrics with my initial fee in fact it was included in invoice upfront.

Best Regards

kyrarora

Jul 30, 2018
Hi...Dear Legal Falcon...
i am March AOR Review required for Foreign Work Exp...(thru gcms)
I mailed them a new LOE and nothing happened since then....
I raised two CSE's and got the stereotypical reply....we are processing your application...
I just checked Immitracker...and I see very less people who are due for PPR now in March AORs....
Looks like I am stuck in the 10% who do not get PPR at all....
Now I am getting restless...
What Do I Do ???
Pls suggest!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
So According to you by getting the letter and explaining that How I was paid some months and I was commission based and consider my income as yearly and not monthly will suffice?
This is the best approach and then it depends on the officer. Since I am not privy to your documents and the application, can't say anything more.