Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon its 13 month of my application and still i am stuck with interview to be scheduled by london visa office at abu dhabi its been a long time since i am waiting for interview dates ( since march 2018 ) and i have tried emailing ircc and london visa office to request for interview dates but no use they just give standard reply
Reply By london visa office that some london based officer will come to interview at abu dhabi
i really dont know after march why he/she is not coming to abu dhabi for conducting interviews and why they are delaying it
Reply by IRCC generic reply that my file is in london i need to contact them
i am really stuck dont know what to do they have not started with my security yet m just stuck with eligibility : recommended interview
I can understand and its frustrating. Have you tries sending an email to CPC Ottawa? Also try writing to the Counsel General.

luigi20

May 14, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon I called a cic agent and told me that my eligibility is met , bgc has not started and visa office is ottawa. My question is : Elegibility met is the same as passed?. Should i order gmcs notes now? My aor is june 1 fswo. thanks

anand4udel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Hello Legalfalcon,

Need some suggestion.

I had applied FSW-Outland, NOC 0213, AOR 3rd April. My eligibility is "review required for main duties by officer", as per case processing agent. Job duties appears consistent with lead statement, review required on main duties by officer. I was in process of getting updated work experience letter from company, more elaborate one, to clear any confusion.

Changes is that recently or couple of days before, due to re-org my designation changed. However, my roles and responsibility is the same. As per new designation I am Senior Solution Architect, before it was Senior system manager. Looking into the NOC, as per designation spelled. Senior Solution Architect is lying in NOC 2171 (Information system analysts and consultants) and Senior system manager in NOC 0213 (Computer and Information system manager), but as per roles and responsibility, I am still in NOC 0213.

I have the updated letter too.

My concern is how to put forward to CIC. Should I share the update letter and explain the sequence of events, or stay still :).

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BR
Anand
Hi Legatfalcon,

Require your feedback.

BR
Anand

Staterun

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon

I am in another problem as I mentioned before that I am working in NOC 6231 for a year now and my job is commission based.

The problem is that I got paid basic salary by the company for first 3 months of that job and later my salary was stopped due to not achieving my sales target and I was on commissions only.

So in the past year I have got my payment proofs of first 3 months and then I got paid commissons in 5th month 6th month, 8th month and 11th month. And all the other months I got paid nothing.

So will IRCC count it as my work exp? And what should I do in this matter any possible solutions?

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi @legalfalcon We received the COPR and are planning to do the first landing in April 2019. I am the primary applicant. My husband is listed as my dependent and his visa is expiring in June 2019. He won't be able to do the landing with me. Can he do his first landing later? around May/June, before his visa expires, without me? Please help. Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon We received the COPR and are planning to do the first landing in April 2019. I am the primary applicant. My husband is listed as my dependent and his visa is expiring in June 2019. He won't be able to do the landing with me. Can he do his first landing later? around May/June, before his visa expires, without me? Please help. Thanks.
Yes. The condition is that the primary applicant has to land first. The dependents can land anytime later before their visa expires.

To read more on landing see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/guide-landing-settling-canada-permanent-resident/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I am in another problem as I mentioned before that I am working in NOC 6231 for a year now and my job is commission based.

The problem is that I got paid basic salary by the company for first 3 months of that job and later my salary was stopped due to not achieving my sales target and I was on commissions only.

So in the past year I have got my payment proofs of first 3 months and then I got paid commissons in 5th month 6th month, 8th month and 11th month. And all the other months I got paid nothing.

So will IRCC count it as my work exp? And what should I do in this matter any possible solutions?
One of the conditions of work experience is that it has to be paid. Even if it is paid based on sales, there has to be some financial gain. If you can justify and show that you were unable to make any sale and were not entitled to no commission, only then your work experience can be counted, bit not being paid for 4 months if a big red flag.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I called a cic agent and told me that my eligibility is met , bgc has not started and visa office is ottawa. My question is : Elegibility met is the same as passed?. Should i order gmcs notes now? My aor is june 1 fswo. thanks
Depends. The eligibility takes place in 2 stages, first an assistant or an analyst reviews your eligibility and makes a decision, then an officer will make a final decision on it.

sometimes met / passes / recommended passed is used synonymously.

To be sure, you need GCMS notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legatfalcon,

Require your feedback.

BR
Anand
Any change after your submit your application is immaterial. What matters is what your claim points for.

Staterun

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
One of the conditions of work experience is that it has to be paid. Even if it is paid based on sales, there has to be some financial gain. If you can justify and show that you were unable to make any sale and were not entitled to no commission, only then your work experience can be counted, bit not being paid for 4 months if a big red flag.
So what should be the solution in this case @legalfalcon ? How can I show that what sort of letter should I get from my manager?

Can I mention on my work exp letter that my earning is based on ××% commissions on sale and I earned xx amount in past one year and that is variable due to sales on my commission?

And if I do that then what payslips or account deposits I show in missing months?

jbusnain

Oct 5, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon,
I tried to search the thread for a definite answer but I am confused now.
I did upfront medical exam for me and my wife last week.

For me, Upfront medical type: Non EDE, Student
For my wife, Upfront medical type: Non EDE, Visitor

The nurse said it should be this way since our current status in Canada is student for me and visitor for my wife.

Now I see members talking about refusal because of choosing the wrong medical type.

Can you please advice so I can call the clinic back before they submit the medical report.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Hello sir @legalfalcon ,
I ordered CBSA notes and have 4 security screening related activities, the last one is in progress by CBSA, does that mean that I have passed the security check by CBSA? Also, I was told by the agent that I have passed the part 2 of the background check and part 1 is still in progress, so I think maybe once CSIS finishes the job on my application, I will pass the security check, is that right? I really need your professional opinions!
Thanks a ton!
Hello mate, whose agent gave you the feedback about your security screening. Was it the IRCC call centre agent? Asking because I'm in the similar situation as yourself and would really love to get some feedback as to where my application stands and how long it'll take. I'm also waiting on my CBSA notes to turn up hopefully sometimes this week.

rivertosouth

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Hello mate, whose agent gave you the feedback about your security screening. Was it the IRCC call centre agent? Asking because I'm in the similar situation as yourself and would really love to get some feedback as to where my application stands and how long it'll take. I'm also waiting on my CBSA notes to turn up hopefully sometimes this week.
Yes, it was the IRCC agent. I have been in security screening for almost 4 months, sadly, there is no news. Only the IRCC agent told me that I passed the second part of the background check.

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Yes, it was the IRCC agent. I have been in security screening for almost 4 months, sadly, there is no news. Only the IRCC agent told me that I passed the second part of the background check.
Bro you're really lucky because normally those guys over the phone don't tell you anything unless you're an inland applicant. I actually don't know how long I've been in SS. I thought I was in SS since March that was according to my GCMS notes. But then yesterday London VO replied to my lawyer's status query that my security check was only initiated in June. I was literally dumbfounded after hearing that as it's been 17 months since my AOR. That's why I have to wait on my CBSA notes to arrive, hopefully this week. They asked me for 30 days extension which is already over by a week, So hoping for them to turn up this week.

rivertosouth

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Bro you're really lucky because normally those guys over the phone don't tell you anything unless you're an inland applicant. I actually don't know how long I've been in SS. I thought I was in SS since March that was according to my GCMS notes. But then yesterday London VO replied to my lawyer's status query that my security check was only initiated in June. I was literally dumbfounded after hearing that as it's been 17 months since my AOR. That's why I have to wait on my CBSA notes to arrive, hopefully this week. They asked me for 30 days extension which is already over by a week, So hoping for them to turn up this week.
I feel sorry for your situation, but at the same time, I don’t know if I am the lucky one. I was in security screening since June according to my CBSA notes, don’t know how long it’s gonna take, hope we all get our good news soon!