+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Akhs

Star Member
Feb 14, 2018
@legalfalcon thanks for replying to my questions before. I have a few questions with regards to my application. My AOR is March 18th , I applied for GCMS on May 23 and received it on June 22. The GCMS notes were generated on May 24 (mentioned on the notes) and according to that my eligibility was still under Review. In fact in the notes column the initial agent had mentioned Review Required for the additional points claimed for arranged employment. And the last time my file was opened was on May 5th . What I want to know is :
1. They have not contacted me or my employer till date for any clarifications or any additional documents. So how will they go ahead with processing my case? (I work for a very large world renowned Multinational company).
2. I had raised a CSE on June 3 and I received a reply on June 13th. They replied stating that they have all the required documents from my end and they would not need anything and would contact once the final decision has been made. So does this suggest that my eligibility was cleared by June 13th because my GCMS was generated on May 24th.
3. Do you think I should go ahead and order another set of GCMS.
I am a CEC applicant and looking at the Myimmitrackers with most March CEC guys with PPR's in hand is actually freaking me out.
Please share your suggestions .
Thanks

natarum

Jul 11, 2018
Hi Legal Falcon,

I am new to this forum and this is my first query. Apologize if you have answered this query before. Your inputs will make a big difference in my case. I got my WES report this week which is as below. With this evaluation, can I claim points for both my diploma and my degree or should I claim points only for my degree?

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Name on Credential: ***

Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution

Credential: Diploma in Computer Technology
Year: 2001
Awarded By: State Board of Technical Education and Training, Tamil Nadu
Major/Specialization: Computer Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

2. Name on Credential: ***
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution

Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2004
Awarded By: University of Madras
Major/Specialization: Computer Science and Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon,

I will be getting my reference letters from HR, however the following information is not in the letter. They have sent me an official email stating that they cannot provide them as per their standard practice. I will attach this email in the LOE section with an explanation. What else should I do?

1.Hours of Work (they have mentioned as Permanent in the letter, but no hours)
2.Reporting Manager
3.No. of Leave
4.Other Benefits & Annual Salary (i will be attaching my bonus & increment letters)
5.Employee ID (my full name is there in the letter)
6.Previous Designations (promotion letters will be attached)

Will be attaching the following to support my employment in the employment section,

1. Service letter from HR
2. Email from HR confirming that they are unable to provide above details
3. Letter of appointment, promotion letter and bonus & increment letters
4. Salary Slips

Furthermore I will explain this in LOE and attach the HR email and letters in item 3 above in LOE section.

Would above be sufficient?

Last edited:

M-A-B

Jul 12, 2018
@legalfalcon,

Thanks again for your previous replies.

I used webform to enquire about my application status and got this reply after 20 days:

"'''''"'""We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application was transferred to a special unit and is still in process.

While this review will result in an additional delay, rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible."""""'"'"""

My AOR is 7th Nov 2017 and background check is under progress. The eligibility status is not passed yet and still under review required.

I am now worried, what does that special unit means.

Would you please give your opinion about it?

Thank you
Hi,
Were you able to find any useful information regarding this special unit referral thing and subsequent steps?
Thanks.
BR,
M

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Hi legalfalcon,

I’ve received request for new medical for me and my wife along with pcc of both of us. They gave us one month to submit. Now, shouldn’t the old pcc be enough in security checks?
What will be the next step after that?
Thank you

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon I received my notes today. I can make out from the notes the Eligibility, Criminality is passed. but I am kind of wondering, where do I stand w.r.t BGC/Security?
In your opinion am I under SS ?

In addition, I have some additional question:

-What are they implying on pages where they have with held the information?
-I do not see any details such Work Exp, IELTS record of my spouse, is this normal? I am the PA
-Whats happening on Page# 90 wrt info sharing, why do I see Partner: USA and Type: Biographic?

Last edited:

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi legalfalcon

I just noticed that my employment reference letter is not dated and my employer is not ready to give me a new one! Could this be a problem??
Thanks

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
An update for @legalfalcon. Hi legalfalcon, i got new gcms notes last night. Not much has really changed between the May notes and the July notes. Eligibility and security still haven’t started. Medical and criminality passed in March. R10 ok as of March as well.
There was a note from a London agent stating that since all of my job and education histories were in the US and I was out of the US on a long trip to a different country, where I’d now indicated was my new address, it would be logical to transfer my application again to either NY/LA. I’m guessing Ottawa sent my file to London because of the change in residence and since it was the closest to my new residence.

I filed the EE application a week after temporarily relocating from the US. So maybe this threw them off and that’s why my file has bounced from London to LA/NY?

I read on a different forum that when files are sent to the LA office, it’s because they’ve been flagged... however there’s still nothing in the notes indicating concern besides the agent from CIO Ottawa indicating a review is required for eligibility without giving reasons. Would you advise at this point to order a new set of gcms notes this coming week? Perhaps there might be some movement. Thanks so much again for all your support and insightful feedback.

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
Hi Legal Falcon,
Thank you for all your guidance and support for our express entry applications.
I am facing an issue for my profile regarding dependent child. I received ITA in May 2018 and I selected to continue the application. We are 3 members, Myself, spouse and child (2 years). When we clicked continue application option, we see 3 sections one for each member on application.
For my child, header of the section showed as below by default.
XXXXXXX: Unaccompanying, PR Child Form
And also, In the personal details section for my child, system defaultly selected
"NO" for the below question
Will this person accompany XXXXX to Canada?
I am totally confused as I never specified my child as not accompanying and I also gave 3 members for total no of members in the application.
In my express entry profile it never asked details about my dependant. Only place I was able to specify is "No of accompanying members" and I made sure to give 3.

Is this usual to all applicants with children or did i miss anything in my profile?
Is there any way to make my child as accompanying from non accompanying?

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi Legal Falcon,
Thank you for all your guidance and support for our express entry applications.
I am facing an issue for my profile regarding dependent child. I received ITA in May 2018 and I selected to continue the application. We are 3 members, Myself, spouse and child (2 years). When we clicked continue application option, we see 3 sections one for each member on application.
For my child, header of the section showed as below by default.
XXXXXXX: Unaccompanying, PR Child Form
And also, In the personal details section for my child, system defaultly selected
"NO" for the below question
Will this person accompany XXXXX to Canada?
I am totally confused as I never specified my child as not accompanying and I also gave 3 members for total no of members in the application.
In my express entry profile it never asked details about my dependant. Only place I was able to specify is "No of accompanying members" and I made sure to give 3.

Is this usual to all applicants with children or did i miss anything in my profile?
Is there any way to make my child as accompanying from non accompanying?
I'm not legal falcon but we have two kids and that didn't happen with us so it's unusual. Perhaps you accidentally selected the wrong option. You could try calling them on Monday before you submit anything else.

We are FSW-O and for each child they asked for:

Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)
Digital photo
Proof of medical exam
Birth Registration/Certificate

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017
I'm not legal falcon but we have two kids and that didn't happen with us so it's unusual. Perhaps you accidentally selected the wrong option. You could try calling them on Monday before you submit anything else.

Digital photo
Proof of medical exam

Hello,
Thank u for ur input. For us also they are asking all of them, but could you please let us know of the heading showed jn the same way when u clicked "continue application" for ur child dependant section. I have given 3 members as the accompanying count and mentioned funds required for 3 members... but still it defaulty showed as unaccompanying child dependant and provided a column for " fill reason for not accompanying you". Hence i want to make sure if that os the way for children dependants even though we submit all docs required for them

Mkranthi

Apr 30, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15/08/2017

Digital photo
Proof of medical exam

Hi, and also, please share any email od or ph number which we can contact on Monday if you have them. That helps us a lot as our previous trails were in vain wjen we tried to contact few ph njm

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hello,
Thank u for ur input. For us also they are asking all of them, but could you please let us know of the heading showed jn the same way when u clicked "continue application" for ur child dependant section. I have given 3 members as the accompanying count and mentioned funds required for 3 members... but still it defaulty showed as unaccompanying child dependant and provided a column for " fill reason for not accompanying you". Hence i want to make sure if that os the way for children dependants even though we submit all docs required for them
I did not see that heading or colum that says 'fill reason for not accompanying you'

From outside of Canada the number is +1 613-944-4000 but I heard the hold time can be over 40 minutes. I don't have the number for inside Canada or the email.

The webform to update/give more information can be found here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

That form is what I use to contact them.

anik2015

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I am a FSW-outland applicant; currently at AOR stage, passed MED a month ago and eagerly waiting for PPR. Because of some unavoidable circumstances, I might have to leave my current job. My question is, does it make any impact or delay the process if i leave my current job? Do I need to inform IRCC regarding the situation?

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,

In both my employers, they have changed the name of the designation to a different one. I do not know the date of that change but I do know which year. So the latest documents from the company contains the new designation name where as the past docs have the older name. I have explained this in LOE. What else should I do?